Just a Coupla Thoughts:

Plankton

Reaction score
Ridgeway is one season at Arkansas removed from 1-AA football. He has a lot of developing to do, Anyone expecting an immediate solution from him was grasping at straws.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ridgeway is one season at Arkansas removed from 1-AA football. He has a lot of developing to do, Anyone expecting an immediate solution from him was grasping at straws.
You guys keep saying this. Do you understand what a player's skillet is?

Ken

Reaction score
1. No, we still don't have a starting quality NT on the roster. I tried to watch Ridge closely in last game, and from what I saw, he is purely and simply too slow for the NFL. He has zero burst off the snap.

And when we tried to UT's(Under Tackles) at the same time, SEA ran right thru the middle.

2. I'm not sure we have an NFL quality backup QB on the roster. I sure didn't see it.

3. LOoooooooooover our RB's. Both of 'em.

4. Bland is a starting CB. Dude can play. He and Diggs.

5. Our OL needs the guys who were sitting out. They blew. No holes, no protection.

6. OMG, finally, a S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank bog they didn't listen to these boards, where so many do not comprehend moving a college CB to S. Dude can play.
Big Bo may start he has been so good. He is your Nose.

While Ridge has about 6 tackles more than Jordan Davis has this year, i feel like they will cut him and try and get him on the PS like they did with Bo last year.(at least i think i remember them doing that)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I totally disagree with you, K.

Bohanna looks very good at NT. Big improvement from last year.

Ridgeway has potential. He needs time, experience, more training and to get stronger.

I would not be surprised if both make the team, unless they try to sneak Ridgeway on to the practice squad.

Agree with the RBs.

Agree with the CBs & Safeties.

Oline could be better if they had the right guys starting at certain positions.

Ken

Reaction score
his conditioning is not the best.

needs more upper body strength too.

They can work with him though.
On the drive where he got plowed back about 5 yards onto his back...he was definitely tired and tried to take a play off and the OL made him pay.

Wasn't a good look.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gallimore is our guy this year. He looks like he's ready to me. Give Ridgeway another year in the system to bulk up. It's unrealistic to expect kid to come fresh out of school and start bullying grown men. Not going to happen.
Not sure how much he can bulk up. He's built like the abominable snowman in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
1. No, we still don't have a starting quality NT on the roster. I tried to watch Ridge closely in last game, and from what I saw, he is purely and simply too slow for the NFL. He has zero burst off the snap.

And when we tried to UT's(Under Tackles) at the same time, SEA ran right thru the middle.

2. I'm not sure we have an NFL quality backup QB on the roster. I sure didn't see it.

5. Our OL needs the guys who were sitting out. They blew. No holes, no protection.

6. OMG, finally, a S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank bog they didn't listen to these boards, where so many do not comprehend moving a college CB to S. Dude can play.
Stopped reading after #1. We have 2 quality NT’s.

plymkr

Reaction score

Is Bland good enough that we can trade KJ? Maybe trade KJ for a LT so we don't have to give up draft capital. I would trade KJ and a 4th or 5th for the Jags LT. If Bland is better than KJ make the deal.

kskboys

Reaction score
I totally disagree with you, K.

Bohanna looks very good at NT. Big improvement from last year.

Ridgeway has potential. He needs time, experience, more training and to get stronger.

I would not be surprised if both make the team, unless they try to sneak Ridgeway on to the practice squad.

Agree with the RBs.

Agree with the CBs & Safeties.

Oline could be better if they had the right guys starting at certain positions.
I hope you're right about Bo.

Ridge is already massively strong, that's not the problem. I'm not sure he's quick enough to be more than a backup. Dang sure hope I'm wrong!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure how much he can bulk up. He's built like the abominable snowman in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
I would guess that people are saying it just out of hand. Bulking up and getting stronger is not even close in this case. Ridgeway is humongous and already one of the strongest players in the NFL.

DanA

Reaction score

We do, you're just looking at the wrong player. It's Gallimore for the most part with Bohanna coming in on more obvious run downs.

At no point has this been in double since the departure of the red rifle.

They're both great. One's overpaid but that discussion has been done to death.

Starting caliber.....not starting though cos we have better in Brown/Lewis

It's gonna be a problem unless we get something miraculous from Tyler Smith

6. OMG, finally, a S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank bog they didn't listen to these boards, where so many do not comprehend moving a college CB to S. Dude can play.[/QUOTE]

I reckon we've got five that can play but yeah....Mukuamu looked amazing in pre-season and I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

kskboys

Reaction score

We do, you're just looking at the wrong player. It's Gallimore for the most part with Bohanna coming in on more obvious run downs.

At no point has this been in double since the departure of the red rifle.

They're both great. One's overpaid but that discussion has been done to death.

Starting caliber.....not starting though cos we have better in Brown/Lewis

It's gonna be a problem unless we get something miraculous from Tyler Smith

I reckon we've got five that can play but yeah....Mukuamu looked amazing in pre-season and I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.
[/QUOTE]
IMO, Galley is not a NT. We sucked against the run w/ him and Hill at DT.

DanA

Reaction score
IMO, Galley is not a NT. We sucked against the run w/ him and Hill at DT.

He's a fair bit bigger this season apparently gaining 15 lbs. I think he's a 1T option now (where he hasn't been in the past) but I still don't see him as a short yardage NT.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Mostly agree here.

-For nose tackle Hill, Gallimore, or Osa will probably be the best plays even though 3tech is probably a better spot.

-Bland had a standout offseason and may one day be a starter, however best case he's number 4 on the depth chart at the moment. I don't see how Wright makes the team.

-I'm liking our safety group a lot. It feels like the backups are just as competitive as the starters and that's not a bad thing this go around.

kskboys

Reaction score
He's a fair bit bigger this season apparently gaining 15 lbs. I think he's a 1T option now (where he hasn't been in the past) but I still don't see him as a short yardage NT.
I'm afraid it's going to be like the Ratliff situation, where we left Rats at NT even though he was most obviously better served as a 3 tech.