Just a Coupla Thoughts:

Havic

Reaction score
Ridgeway needs a year in the weight room, practice squad player imo.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4. Bland is a starting CB. Dude can play. He and Diggs.

I really liked what Bland did. Looks really good. However, he is not the starting CB across from Diggs. That is still Anthony Brown.
Bland may have many rookie mistakes going up against a starting team such as Brady and his WR's. Against Burrow and Chase as well.

He needs time still. But he really does look good. Seems to always be in the right position where he is supposed to be.

glimmerman

Reaction score
1. No, we still don't have a starting quality NT on the roster. I tried to watch Ridge closely in last game, and from what I saw, he is purely and simply too slow for the NFL. He has zero burst off the snap.

And when we tried to UT's(Under Tackles) at the same time, SEA ran right thru the middle.

2. I'm not sure we have an NFL quality backup QB on the roster. I sure didn't see it.

3. LOoooooooooover our RB's. Both of 'em.

5. Our OL needs the guys who were sitting out. They blew. No holes, no protection.

6. OMG, finally, a S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank bog they didn't listen to these boards, where so many do not comprehend moving a college CB to S. Dude can play.
Ridgeway will be ok. He has some nasty. Pump the breaks on Bland. He was playing scrubs.

conner01

Reaction score
Looked to me like he was pushed around a bit.

He will add strength over the offseason and hopefully make that dramatic first to second year improvement....which I'm very much hoping for from OO and Bo this year.
It’s amazing what a full season and off season can do for these guys. But also a full season of watching, practicing and learning is really important.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I really liked what Bland did. Looks really good. However, he is not the starting CB across from Diggs. That is still Anthony Brown.
Bland may have many rookie mistakes going up against a starting team such as Brady and his WR's. Against Burrow and Chase as well.

He needs time still. But he really does look good. Seems to always be in the right position where he is supposed to be.
He tracks WR's like a pro, but doesn't turn his eyes to the QB or ball. Flag machine if he doesn't clean that up.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
1. No, we still don't have a starting quality NT on the roster. I tried to watch Ridge closely in last game, and from what I saw, he is purely and simply too slow for the NFL. He has zero burst off the snap.

And when we tried to UT's(Under Tackles) at the same time, SEA ran right thru the middle.

2. I'm not sure we have an NFL quality backup QB on the roster. I sure didn't see it.

5. Our OL needs the guys who were sitting out. They blew. No holes, no protection.

6. OMG, finally, a S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank bog they didn't listen to these boards, where so many do not comprehend moving a college CB to S. Dude can play.
From fan favorite to too slow for the nfl. Lol yall know how to hype guys in the off-season like no other

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Only reason Ridgeway is here is he’s Jerry’s pet hog...So it doesn’t really matter if the kid is any good or not.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Lol Davis size and speed separate them big time. I don't think that poster was you, was it playboi?!?!
Nope it someone else.
Ridgeway not having speed like Davis is true. Ridgeway is a natural bull rusher to me. He can push anybody backwards, but when to comes to working his way around a guy...he struggles.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Who is the "Dude can play" in item number 6?

kskboys

Reaction score
So the 178th pick in the 5th round doesn't look like an All-Pro just 4 months after the draft? Slacker.
Doesn't look like it to me, no. I saw him get pushed back way too often at the snap. At times it was when he stood up, losing leverage, but I didn't see him get a ton of push.

Not sure why his draft status matters anymore. At this point, it's about whether he can play at this level.

kskboys

Reaction score
All due respect i think you guys may have put yourselves in position to be disappointed about Ridgeway ...
Especially with linemen, usually late round picks like that take much more developmental time to all adjusted to the nuisances of the NFL level.

- Unless it's far more highly regarded, prominent prospect such as a Vita Vea or maybe Jordan Davis, ,, late bloomers are not gonna usually
hit the ground running ..

- i was probably Bohanna's biggest critic at season's end. But he was showing me a much more improved player who was
moving down the line and shooting gaps as he had never done before in any game last year.
In fact i critized him for always being on the ground and being moved out from side to side whenever he was in there.

-Only thing Bohanna had going for him, is for one so mammoth in size, he actually moves very well, and has pursuit range.

- But a full year of game experience, a strong offseason program and further coached up could have did wonders for Quinton.
The same may likely have to be said about Ridgeway... but unlike Bohanna, we may not have the luxury of placing him on
the practice squad for some team likely swooping him up off waivers or pouching him off our practice squad.
W/ all due respect, we are simply analyzing what we see at this point, and looking for signs. I'm not disappointed at all, I've never expected much. I believe you're misreading me badly, I'm more interested in evaluation and assessment than predictions.