Just a friendly Reminder to not pay Dak

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I asked Mountaineer Cowboy to provide another example of a QB whose defense has given up more than 30 points 3 times before age 31 and had a successful playoff record.

And he only came up with... Joe Flacco. Anybody else care to pitch in?

Does anyone really think any other QB besides Mahomes can regularly overcome the big defensive meltdowns we have? Better yet, is there any one else who can overcome it even once?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I asked Mountaineer Cowboy to provide another example of a QB whose defense has given up more than 30 points 3 times before age 31 and had a successful playoff record.

Does anyone really think any other QB besides Mahomes can regularly overcome the big defensive meltdowns we have? Better yet, is there any one else who can overcome it even once?

According to over the cap we are spending $160M on offense and $90M on defense and $6M on special teams in 2024.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This happens every year as we get closer to the season and further away from the crushing disappointment of the end of last season.

More people come back out of the wood works now that time has passed and talk about how good Dak is. How good his stats overall are. How many experts put him in the top 10, etc etc.

This is my friendly reminder:

34-10 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Your elite QB is in the process of delivering another massive failure in his long line of play off failures. Unlike the prior years, the defense failed this year, making it look worse.

And now this same clown wants to get more money for his fellow brotherhood, and be that first QB across the 60 million mark.

You cowboy fans that call yourselves true fans should be ashamed for wanting him to continue to be our QB. It's over for him, it's been over, I wish you guys would catch up.
Dak aint worth $60, but there were a hell of a lot of other players on that field that contributed to 34-10 also.

Maybe we should get rid of all them as well???

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This happens every year as we get closer to the season and further away from the crushing disappointment of the end of last season.

More people come back out of the wood works now that time has passed and talk about how good Dak is. How good his stats overall are. How many experts put him in the top 10, etc etc.

34-10 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Your elite QB is in the process of delivering another massive failure in his long line of play off failures. Unlike the prior years, the defense failed this year, making it look worse.

And now this same clown wants to get more money for his fellow brotherhood, and be that first QB across the 60 million mark.

You cowboy fans that call yourselves true fans should be ashamed for wanting him to continue to be our QB. It's over for him, it's been over, I wish you guys would catch up.
Ok, so why watch this team?

Heed your own advice and simply stay away from anything Cowboys. Problem solved. You will be happier and healthier for it.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score

He was done after his injury prevented him from running.

plymkr

Reaction score
According to over the cap we are spending $160M on offense and $90M on defense and $6M on special teams in 2024.
Really!?! Interesting. I’m glad you posted that. I did not know that. To me that shows we are fundamentally built so the offense will carry the defense due to where we allocated our resources. So to take this off of Dak for second. Jerry and DNA boy built the team offense first and defense second. So if our offense sputters for whatever reason we’re screwed.

I personally would like to see a fundamental shift to the defense because as Jimmy used to say, Defense wins championships and offense sells tickets.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Really!?! Interesting. I’m glad you posted that. I did not know that. To me that shows we are fundamentally built so the offense will carry the defense due to where we allocated our resources. So to take this off of Dak for second. Jerry and DNA boy built the team offense first and defense second. So if our offense sputters for whatever reason we’re screwed.

I personally would like to see a fundamental shift to the defense because as Jimmy used to say, Defense wins championships and offense sells tickets.
Typically our dead cap money also comes from the offense.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You Cowboys fans that keep crying and whining about a player that YOU have no control over, aren't fans. If you really believed what you posted, you wouldn't come back until he was gone. But, here you are with your tail tucked between your legs. 34-10 and you're back....I wish you guys would catch up! LOL!

Chasing6

Reaction score

You have no idea what Dak is asking for. You are going off the media. If Jerry wants to try to use the media, why can't Dak or CD try to use the media. Just wait and see what Micah ends up doing on his podcast.

leeblair

Reaction score

You should also realize that it would only have been 20-10 halfway through the third quarter if it hadn't been for Dak's interceptions.
And, if the defense hadn't been forced to play by themselves, the Packers likely wouldn't have scored as much.
When your offense is not only non-existent, but is also giving the opponent points, it doesn't take a genius to know the game is over.
The Cowboys defense had seen this before, and they knew what was happening.

ghst187

Reaction score
I dont think Dak is the man - BUT our D didn't stop GB early in that Gane

Team game
Yeah Dak was awful like usual in a playoff game but the defense was worse and an even bigger disappointment…total no-show.
Solid argument made to trade Parsons after that and his other late season non-performances

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Who are you trying to convince with this? Us, or yourself?
He's not trying to convince anyone. He is just telling the truth. Dak's not going anywhere this year unless he gets injured. If that does happen, the Cowboys will melt like butter on a hot plate.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You do realize the QBs picks have something to do with that, either via pick sixes or giving playoff offenses a short field. Dak’s inability to move the football against good defenses or protect the ball doesn’t only manifest in the playoffs, it does do against good defenses in the regular season, e.g., the 49ers and the Bills. A highly paid QB needs to be able to trade TDs with the opposing team too, not every game but more often than not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

What would you like us to do with this information?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My friendly reminder to fans is that we need a qb that can process plays faster than the defense can get pressure”hence you need a qb with the arm talent and brains.I know forsure dak aint him.
So we just need Pat Mahomes….great. Jerry will find him I’m sure. He saw it in Paxton Lynch and Johnny Manziel….