Just a friendly Reminder to not pay Dak

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't know what's funnier - the fact that you think this is an original idea that needed to be said, your disconnect from the reality of the QB market, or the stupidity in being willing to lose Dak with 0 plan on how to improve the QB decision.

Just a full-circle clown.
100%

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for our own player. I just don't. I root for Dak every time he takes the field, even though I don't want him resigned.

I think Dak is a good QB, deserving of a second contract, but not good enough to deserve a 3rd. A third contract needs to be limited to elite QBs. Because a ton of money is pushed forward. The talent has to match the money. It doesn't in Dak's case.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for our own player. I just don't. I root for Dak every time he takes the field, even though I don't want him resigned.

I think Dak is a good QB, deserving of a second contract, but not good enough to deserve a 3rd. A third contract needs to be limited to elite QBs. Because a ton of money is pushed forward. The talent has to match the money. It doesn't in Dak's case.
I am in agreement from a different perspective. I think Jerry is a good owner. I think he is a horrible GM. I think Dak should have zero interest in a 3rd contract with a GM who can't build a wining team.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
WExBijT.png

Maybe supersized might not have been the right way of go...
I wasn't aware Dak was responsible for most of that 41. Mahomes had 6 points with 2:30 to go in the 3rd quarter, threw a pick on his side of the field and still the Chiefs were alive and ready to pounce on the Niners in the 4th.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I asked Mountaineer Cowboy to provide another example of a QB whose defense has given up more than 30 points 3 times before age 31 and had a successful playoff record.

And he only came up with... Joe Flacco. Anybody else care to pitch in?

Does anyone really think any other QB besides Mahomes can regularly overcome the big defensive meltdowns we have? Better yet, is there any one else who can overcome it even once?
Here we go blaming the defense again. I hope you realize that 2 of the last 3 playoff losses were winable games if the offense had decided to make an appearance. If you don't then maybe you should remove the blinders and look at the whole picture.

But I get it - it's a dakstan thing to put it all on the defenses back

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Here we go blaming the defense again. You do realize that 2 of the last 3 playoff losses were winable games if the offense had decided to make an appearance.

But I get it - it's the dakstan thing to put it all on the defenses back
Dak's defense has given up 30 points 3 times in the playoffs in 7 games. By far one of the highest, if not the highest rate among active QBs.

Most people would have a negative playoff record under those conditions.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This happens every year as we get closer to the season and further away from the crushing disappointment of the end of last season.

More people come back out of the wood works now that time has passed and talk about how good Dak is. How good his stats overall are. How many experts put him in the top 10, etc etc.

This is my friendly reminder:

34-10 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Your elite QB is in the process of delivering another massive failure in his long line of play off failures. Unlike the prior years, the defense failed this year, making it look worse.

And now this same clown wants to get more money for his fellow brotherhood, and be that first QB across the 60 million mark.

You cowboy fans that call yourselves true fans should be ashamed for wanting him to continue to be our QB. It's over for him, it's been over, I wish you guys would catch up.
Yup we had a great run going before last years crushing playoff loss....friendly reminder...change the FO before we hit the 40 year marks!!!
This happens every year as we get closer to the season and further away from 1996 and the crushing 28 year drought that Jerry has broguht....
Dak is not comming back because he will go to FA and i dont think he would play for Jerry if the money was the same..he is gone, on to Jerry next "Problem"

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about if we have a bad season giving us a top 10 pick. then move up to get a ACTUAL QB WITH REAL SKILLS AND POTENTIAL?
What a concept!
REAL QBs 5 SUPERBOWLS.
ALL OTHER PROJECT QBs 0

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is the quarterback of the Cowboys until the day he isn't. Patrick Mahomes isn't walking through that door.

Therefore as a Cowboys fan, I am a Dak Prescott fan until the day he leaves the team. Because there is no factually available better alternative.

So no amount of complaining or punching the air is going to change that. Maybe these are the people that need to "catch up".
Homer, that’s what you are

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
we are in the business of 1 and done with Prescott, maybe 2 if the whole team is clicking.
What were we from 1997 to 2016..again im good with Dak gone because he has pretty much said.."Im gone"..i laugh at some of you who think that is the problem..lol

bottleKids

Reaction score
You do realize the QBs picks have something to do with that, either via pick sixes or giving playoff offenses a short field. Dak’s inability to move the football against good defenses or protect the ball doesn’t only manifest in the playoffs, it does do against good defenses in the regular season, e.g., the 49ers and the Bills. A highly paid QB needs to be able to trade TDs with the opposing team too, not every game but more often than not.
Stop using sense. Its not Dak's fault he threw those picks... its bad routes, dropped balls, coaching, weather, and every other reason not named Dak. Dak is the best... we should hand him 70 million a year and be happy to have him dominate regular season stats for us and not do anything in the playoffs besides things like running the ball down the middle of the field with no time outs and seconds expiring. He is a top 5 QB ... this board told me so.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't aware Dak was responsible for most of that 41. Mahomes had 6 points with 2:30 to go in the 3rd quarter, threw a pick on his side of the field and still the Chiefs were alive and ready to pounce on the Niners in the 4th.
41?

It is fine whether you wish to lump every fellow member in with those who place all blame on Prescott for the points on LEFT SIDE. You know. The points nearest the cheesehead G symbol...?

41 is not all the image shows. There is a number on the RIGHT SIDE that is almost completely controllable by the offensive side. Of any team. In the sport. Since football's creation.

Now, let us have a discussion about Dak Prescott and his teammates, making up Dallas' offensive unit, contributing only 12 of the points on the RIGHT SIDE of the image. In THREE full quarters. Against the (incorrectly) SEVENTH seeded Packers' defense.

And yes. I am guilty. Guilty of not sullying Brandon Audrey's field goal kick and extra point with the offense's piss poor pitiful output. I hold Aubrey in higher regard than Prescott & Offense Inc. that game, even though he missed an extra point himself.

Yeah. Yeah. "Aubrey can't even attempt to kick field goals and extra points without the offense getting him into position or scoring first." Yada yada yada. Whatever. :rolleyes: