Just a friendly Reminder to not pay Dak

RS12

Reaction score
Dak definitely showed up. Maybe you decided not to watch the second half.

Please tell me 1 defensive player that played well? Just 1.
Maybe you didn't turn on until the 4th quarter at 48-16 when the GB starters were wearing baseball caps. Game was decided in the first half when your hero kept going 3 and out and throwing to wrong colored jersey.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There are a couple of fans in this thread that have the same mindset as you.

I don't have the answer for the next QB. What I have come to realize (years ago) is that we hit our ceiling with Dak. We could get lucky and win the big one but if it has to ride on his shoulders at any point during the playoffs, he will eventually let us down.

So, I'm the mindset of progress and moving forward. I want the cowboys to find the next QB. We might have a few years of struggling but I would rather be in the hunt for the next great QB then to cling to someone that has hit his ceiling and will continue to freeze up in big moments.

Certainly don't want to be the team with the highest salary QB in the league. I don't want us to waste 60M/YR just for a good regular season record.

At some point in the next few years, if we resign Dak, I believe more and more of you will come around to the same thoughts. As he gets to be mid 30s and a couple of more playoff failures. I'm just ready to start now and I am okay with some medicore seasons as long as we are TRYING. Taking it back with Dak @ 60m is just accepting what we have and hoping for the best.
So somehow going backwards at QB is progress and moving forward???

Don't want to waste $60M going 12-5, but we are comfortable wasting $5.3M and can't score a TD against scrubs in a preseason game.

Real GM's don't want to wast anything!!!

diamonddelts

Reaction score
So somehow going backwards at QB is progress and moving forward???

Don't want to waste $60M going 12-5, but we are comfortable wasting $5.3M and can't score a TD against scrubs in a preseason game.

Real GM's don't want to wast anything!!!
Good thing Dallas does not have a real GM.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Not a Dak lover or hater. I do think he is a top 10 QB for what that's worth.

But having the runner-up NFL MVP at the hardest position there is to fill in the NFL....in his prime.....walk for nothing....... is just criminal. I don't care what side of the keep Dak/get rid of Dak argument you are on. This SIMPLY CANNOT HAPPEN, and people keep their jobs!!!!!!!! But wait, it can happen....but ONLY in Dallas. And we know why that is.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Mahomes first 7 drives 11-16 154 yards, 1 Int, 1 fumble only 3 points. First TD was a gift from the Niners fumbling a punt inside their 20 yard line.

If Niners make the extra point game never makes to OT. Mahomes did not win this game.
Dak vs SF 14-24 153 yards 1 td and 3 picks. lost 42-10

Mahomes vs SF in SB. 34-46 for 333 yards 2tds and a pick. won 25-22

Do you really want to make this comparison? Dak is not ready to play this level of football game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak vs SF 14-24 153 yards 1 td and 3 picks. lost 42-10

Mahomes vs SF in SB. 34-46 for 333 yards 2tds and a pick. won 25-22

Do you really want to make this comparison? Dak is not ready to play this level of football game.
Mahomes did not play well the defense kept them in the game. If the Niners make the extra point it ever goes to OT.

Proof

Reaction score
Lmao. Leave money on the table for the worst GM in the N.F.L. to allocate. Brilliant.
you know how parenthesis work, right? there was a caveat, on top of the whole thing being a giant hypothetical

tomokawan

Reaction score
Dak didn't help the defense. Pick 6 and interceptions. He also didn't recover and start scoring until green bay quit.

The previous 2 years the defense held SF to low scores and he still didn't help.

That's what I'm trying to say. It doesn't matter what the circumstance is, he will find a way to lose.
Did he help the defense on the first drive of the game from the sidelines. Or play defense on wide open green bay recievers?? Or plug the holes that Jones ran thru??? Could he have played better, absolutely. But the defense did not help him to start the game or make any stops.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
like imagine if he left a little bit of the pie available (and the jones's actually used it to plus up the roster) and it led to a sb, or a deep playoff run. guys tune on dak would change quickly. shame
No it wouldn’t lol. People didn’t like Dak when he was getting 500k a year lol….let alone 50…

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yesterday was a friendly reminder that Trey Lance isn’t the answer. If we don’t pay Dak we’ll be stuck with someone comparable to him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
like imagine if he left a little bit of the pie available (and the jones's actually used it to plus up the roster) and it led to a sb, or a deep playoff run. guys tune on dak would change quickly. shame
Imagine how much cheaper they would have been if Jerry just signed them when he should have instead of waiting?