Just a friendly Reminder to not pay Dak

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for our own player. I just don't. I root for Dak every time he takes the field, even though I don't want him resigned.

I think Dak is a good QB, deserving of a second contract, but not good enough to deserve a 3rd. A third contract needs to be limited to elite QBs. Because a ton of money is pushed forward. The talent has to match the money. It doesn't in Dak's case.
This is third and how exactly has he proven to deserve anything? Reality is I. Any other job he would be canned, if he ceo; which he is ceo of offense, he is directly accountable for not one mistake but multiple mistakes in multiple high pressure situations, you get canned. In surgery, I don’t get do overs, I lose my license or get sued.

Wangchung83

Reaction score

Salary cap has been heavy leaning for offense far more than it is this year or last year. When defense came through for Dak the offense was supposed to be putting up points not vice versa. Dak squandered a top paid offense and choked two years in San Fran, that’s a fact.

J_Allen

Reaction score
This roster is loaded with Pro Bowl players. We just need a bus driver. Dak is an okay bus driver until the playoffs arrive, yet he wants to be paid like he's Patrick Mahomes.

I wouldn't even pay him 15 million a year because he can't win playoff games. I don't even know why this is a debate. This is as good as it gets with him. It will only get worse once he gets the money. He will have no motivation to improve and we're going to be hard-pressed to sign any of our good players.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is third and how exactly has he proven to deserve anything? Reality is I. Any other job he would be canned, if he ceo; which he is ceo of offense, he is directly accountable for not one mistake but multiple mistakes in multiple high pressure situations, you get canned. In surgery, I don’t get do overs, I lose my license or get sued.
All it takes is to be a halfway decent QB to get paid in the NFL. You don't even have to be as good as Dak. You don't have to win a single playoff game. That gets you a second contract. It's just my opinion that it takes more to qualify for a 3rd contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You forgot 1st half when the game was decided: 87 yards passing, 2 picks, 1 sure pick dropped in the end zone, 42 QBR. HOF numbers there. But to be fair he made mince meat out of the GB third string whén they were giving huge cushions to run clock and get out of there. Yep 48 to 16 in the 4th. Burned into my brain.
Mahomes first 7 drives 11-16 154 yards, 1 Int, 1 fumble only 3 points. First TD was a gift from the Niners fumbling a punt inside their 20 yard line.

If Niners make the extra point game never makes to OT. Mahomes did not win this game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
In a heartbeat if I was GM....I'm not wasting my money in a wasted season.
It's funny how the media keeps pushing the numbers up for him. After the playoffs....it was 50 million. Now it's up to 65 million a year in the media. I wouldn't give you .65 cents for him. Just cut bait and move on. It's beyond stupid @ this point. No player is worth that.

McMicah

Reaction score
I think what hurts me so much is that a lot of Daks flaws are not blatantly obvious.

For instance, we hear “he’s a professional WR, he should’ve caught that” way too much, but the truth is, Dak lacks NFL-caliber precision

We hear “you know you’re going to get contact. You gotta hang onto the ball”, when really Dak doesn’t make anticipatory throws hardly ever, and that half second makes a huge difference

We hear “Dak just looks out of his usual form this week” when really Dak is just plain inconsistent.

The bigs ones that stick with me are low-IQ plays, like when they were in FG range and Dak booted to the right, and instead of throwing it away and getting a FG, took a sack near the sideline for a 10 yard loss. Mind blowingly bad

He’s a good dude and his teammates love him, but there’s a bevy of flaws that keep him in the zone of average, despite the fact that he CAN be elite. He just seems to only do it once every four games

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This roster is loaded with Pro Bowl players. We just need a bus driver. Dak is an okay bus driver until the playoffs arrive, yet he wants to be paid like he's Patrick Mahomes.

I wouldn't even pay him 15 million a year because he can't win playoff games. I don't even know why this is a debate. This is as good as it gets with him. It will only get worse once he gets the money. He will have no motivation to improve and we're going to be hard-pressed to sign any of our good players.
He wants paid MORE than Mahomes.

$15M sounds about right. Your right. If the Cowboys pay him big bucks, no motivation to improve and only hurts the 53.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Mahomes first 7 drives 11-16 154 yards, 1 Int, 1 fumble only 3 points. First TD was a gift from the Niners fumbling a punt inside their 20 yard line.

If Niners make the extra point game never makes to OT. Mahomes did not win this game.
You are trying to argue a "what if" to counter a "what is". You'll never win that way. Never.

Loso86

Reaction score
This happens every year as we get closer to the season and further away from the crushing disappointment of the end of last season.

More people come back out of the wood works now that time has passed and talk about how good Dak is. How good his stats overall are. How many experts put him in the top 10, etc etc.

This is my friendly reminder:

34-10 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Your elite QB is in the process of delivering another massive failure in his long line of play off failures. Unlike the prior years, the defense failed this year, making it look worse.

And now this same clown wants to get more money for his fellow brotherhood, and be that first QB across the 60 million mark.

You cowboy fans that call yourselves true fans should be ashamed for wanting him to continue to be our QB. It's over for him, it's been over, I wish you guys would catch up.
Then let's roll with Lance or Rush so yall can complain about how horrible our QB play is for the next 5 years.......lmao can't wait

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I don't get the hate for our own player. I just don't. I root for Dak every time he takes the field, even though I don't want him resigned.

I think Dak is a good QB, deserving of a second contract, but not good enough to deserve a 3rd. A third contract needs to be limited to elite QBs. Because a ton of money is pushed forward. The talent has to match the money. It doesn't in Dak's case.
It's the horrible efforts in big game/playoff situations in combination with the salary he makes. It's pretty simple.