Just a gentle reminder when you think we need to go all in at TB in Rd 2

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, we need a RB. But RBs tend to be easier to find than other positions.

So when you are pounding the table for a RB at 53, remember this is our depth chart at DT:

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

LOL, that's about it. Throw in Golston if you must but he's 268 pounds. Smith is still a complete unknown. Osa is a quality DT but not that great that you can't upgrade. Davis is a JAG.

IMO this team needs to come away with a DT tonight and if one is there at 53, they absolutely should be considering that even if Jerry's favorite new player, Brooks, is sitting there.

Aven8

Reaction score
Depending on how the board shakes out I take my RB at 73 now. I mean in reality Cooper or Wilson could be on the board at 56. That would be amazing. Then you take Benson, Brooks, Allen, or Wright with one of the 3rd round picks.

Wilson

Reaction score

So when you are pounding the table for a RB at 53, remember this is our depth chart at DT:

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

LOL, that's about it. Throw in Golston if you must but he's 268 pounds. Smith is still a complete unknown. Osa is a quality DT but not that great that you can't upgrade. Davis is a JAG.

IMO this team needs to come away with a DT tonight and if one is there at 53, they absolutely should be considering that even if Jerry's favorite new player, Brooks, is sitting there.
Agree with this. Hard to see anyone not agreeing with it.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

I would have RB still below center, DT/DE and LB on my needs list.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

Can some say FISKE!!!>>

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

I mean they seem ok with Mazi and Osa….go get a starter.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Depending on how the board shakes out I take my RB at 73 now. I mean in reality Cooper or Wilson could be on the board at 56. That would be amazing. Then you take Benson, Brooks, Allen, or Wright with one of the 3rd round picks.
keeping forgetting about Allen, I'd rather take him or Wright

ferrispata

Reaction score
Don't forget LB as well, if one falls that we have a high grade on. Overshown is back, but is really an unknown at this point, but with high expectations. I would be very happy with best available player at either DT or LB. And I wouldn't be too angry with RB or CB if not reaching.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

If it alleviates any trepidation, I can confirm right now that 53 will definitely not be a RB. Like no chance in hell

jujoboys

Reaction score
Here's what I think will happen tonight. Brooks will end up going before 56 and it won't end up being Dallas. Dallas will end up using the 56th pick on LBer with an outside chance at DT. We end up getting our RB with the 73rd pick in the draft. The 87th pick will end up being LBer or DT depending on which was taken at 56. Of course, this all assumes we don't trade any of the picks.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
A LB and big old NT were our biggest defensive needs going into FA. We got a decent LB, but DT scares the crap out of me, and I really don't see anyone left that is going to jump in and help us out this year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brooks fits the second round “Jerry Fun Pick” profile: ACL injury last November certainly qualifies him, :laugh:

In all seriousness, Brooks is a real RB talent but I’m also reluctant to believe that a guy with an ACL tear last November is going to be fully healed 8 months later for training camp. Not saying he’s not a big talent but I’m also not sold that he is light years better than a few other RBs. Waiting until pick 73 in round 3 (from the Detroit trade) is where I would feel more comfortable.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Jerry wants Brooks, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or what the team needs.
I think he can be talked into a more prudent decision - like how he was desperate for Manziel and admitted so and said luckily cooler heads around him talked him out of it.

That being said, this time around, seems like Stephen and others are on board with Brooks too so there won't be anyone around to talk some sense into him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here's what I think will happen tonight. Brooks will end up going before 56 and it won't end up being Dallas. Dallas will end up using the 56th pick on LBer with an outside chance at DT. We end up getting our RB with the 73rd pick in the draft. The 87th pick will end up being LBer or DT depending on which was taken at 56. Of course, this all assumes we don't trade any of the picks.
I still think they could go interior OL as well. Say someone like Frazier slips to 73............