Just a gentle reminder when you think we need to go all in at TB in Rd 2

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're missing the point. Take a C at 56, I don't care. Or a DE. Or a LB. The point is people are so hell bent on adding a RB, the least valuable position, at 56 and missing the fact they have crap at DT (along with other issues).
What I’m saying is RB is more important than DT.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No we don't. We have one DT who is better served as a rotational type.

If you're just counting bodies, we are great at every position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m not counting bodies. Regardless of what you and me think…they like Osa and Mazi…

morasp

Reaction score
If they want to go defense in round 2
Colson LB
Newton DT had a foot injury not sure about his status
DeJean DB
McKinstry CB
Rakestraw Jr. CB
FIske DT
Green CB
Nubin S
Wilson LB
Jenkins DT
Booker Edge

Sydla

Reaction score
What I’m saying is RB is more important than DT.
It's not.

Especially if you are taking one at 56 that might not be cleared to play until September and may need an entire year to get his feet back under him.

It's dumb. But this franchise loves to do dumb, so I pretty much expect Brooks at 56.

Creeper

Reaction score
Can some say FISKE!!!>>
I like Fiske a lot, but I would cross my fingers taking him. Great motor and checks the football player box, but what will he be in the NFL? But the truth is, the pickings are slim at that position this year.

However, I would not be thinking RB until the late 3rd round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not.

Especially if you are taking one at 56 that might not be cleared to play until September and may need an entire year to get his feet back under him.

It's dumb. But this franchise loves to do dumb, so I pretty much expect Brooks at 56.
I don’t think it’s smart to draft a dt just for the sake of doing it. These prospects aren’t any better than what they currently have. I can see if it was Aaron Donald or Vita Vea type prospects you were passing up.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s smart to draft a dt just for the sake of doing it. These prospects aren’t any better than what they currently have. I can see if it was Aaron Donald or Vita Vea type prospects you were passing up.
You aren't drafting a DT for the sake of doing it. You are drafting a DT because it's been a problem for you for who knows how long and you only have two on the entire roster that can play and one, Smith, I am being likely overly bullish on when I say he can play. There is a decent enough chance that he's a total dud.

No one is saying take a 5th or 7th round DT prospect at 56 either. If there are DTs available at 56 that you have high on your board, it makes more sense to take one of them as opposed to a RB, especially one coming off ACL surgery. If a similar rated LB is there, you take him over the RB. If a similarly rated C is there, you take him over the RB.

But sure, let's just keep repeating some of the mistakes of the last decade where we placed way more value in TBs than we should have.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You aren't drafting a DT for the sake of doing it. You are drafting a DT because it's been a problem for you for who knows how long and you only have two on the entire roster that can play and one, Smith, I am being likely overly bullish on when I say he can play. There is a decent enough chance that he's a total dud.

No one is saying take a 5th or 7th round DT prospect at 56 either. If there are DTs available at 56 that you have high on your board, it makes more sense to take one of them as opposed to a RB, especially one coming off ACL surgery. If a similar rated LB is there, you take him over the RB. If a similarly rated C is there, you take him over the RB.

But sure, let's just keep repeating some of the mistakes of the last decade where we placed way more value in TBs than we should have.
What mistakes are you referencing? What do you think they are repeating?

Sydla

Reaction score
What mistakes are you referencing? What do you think they are repeating?
Used the #4 pick on a TB thinking they had to have one, then doubled down by paying the TB a crap ton of money wasting cap space, then franchised tagged Pollard because they again thought they needed a stud TB. And what did that get them? Nothing.

All the while teams built good run games with quality OLs, good coaching and competent backs. Forcing yourself into picking a TB at 56 is just more silly thinking. Now sure, if the board is wasted and TB is clearly the best player left, OK. But picking one because you think you need one of that caliber? Just a continuation of poor roster decisions by the Jones.

Sydla

Reaction score
They easily could have given themselves some flexibility here if they hadn't sat on their hands in FA. But alas, they think RB is super important and now are forced into drafting one high likely at the expense of a position that likely is more important.

And let's also be clear the RB they covet is a dude coming off a torn ACL who may or may not be ready to start the season and like many other ACL surgery players, may need a full year to even get back to a high level of play.

Grabbing a DT or even a C at 56 and then coming back in the 3rd with a guy like Wright, hopefully, is just smarter.