Just a gentle reminder when you think we need to go all in at TB in Rd 2

jujoboys

Reaction score
I still think they could go interior OL as well. Say someone like Frazier slips to 73............
I wouldn't be opposed to a C at 73 or 87. Kind of depends on how they feel about the guys on the roster. They can't be too sold on them if Barton was on their short list at 24 and 29. Hopefully in the Center scenario we have moved around a little bit and picked up extra picks to address those other areas (RB, LB, DT). RB is a no brainer but we also need to fix that front 7 on defense. Zimmer having Mazi gain his weight back may help some but i would still like some insurance.

Sydla

Reaction score
You see a DT in the second that can start right now?
Start is nebulous. There are absolutely DTs at 53 that I think we can draft that can come in and play major minutes at DT and make our DT situation much better.

Having quality DT play is more important to me than drafting some flashy TB coming off ACL surgery. Newton is a DT that could help immediately but he'll be long gone. The kid from Clemson is very good. Sweat from Texas is a mammoth of a human being that at the very least could spell Mazi and eat up a ton of space.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Start is nebulous. There are absolutely DTs at 53 that I think we can draft that can come in and play major minutes at DT and make our DT situation much better.

Having quality DT play is more important to me than drafting some flashy TB coming off ACL surgery. Newton is a DT that could help immediately but he'll be long gone. The kid from Clemson is very good. Sweat from Texas is a mammoth of a human being that at the very least could spell Mazi and eat up a ton of space.
I’m just not sure if I’m going depth in the 2nd round…..I can get a starting linebacker, a receiver, RB, a center….Unless they fell out of favor with Mazi but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m just not sure if I’m going depth in the 2nd round…..I can get a starting linebacker, a receiver, RB, a center….Unless they fell out of favor with Mazi but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that.
It's not necessarily depth like you are looking for a backup OT here. Or depth piece at TE.

We have literally TWO DTs on the roster that can play a little and I might be exaggerating on Smith who showed nothing last year. Any DT we add from here to the start of the season is likely going to eat major minutes. And neither guy we have is all that great that you couldn't find a guy that could easily start over either.

RBs are the least valuable position. And any WR you add is going to be a #3 WR at this point or maybe even #4 if Tolbert continues to develop. I would be fine taking an interior OL as well. But the point was people seem to be pounding the table to take a TB at 56. My point is DT is a disaster and taking one at 53 might be smarter.

morasp

Reaction score
Sweat got a DUI but what if he was there at 73? I'm fine with Brooks, Wright, or Benson at RB after that pick your favorite one up on day 3 the value isn't there.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, we need a RB. But RBs tend to be easier to find than other positions.

So when you are pounding the table for a RB at 53, remember this is our depth chart at DT:

Mazi Smith
Osa
Carl Davis

LOL, that's about it. Throw in Golston if you must but he's 268 pounds. Smith is still a complete unknown. Osa is a quality DT but not that great that you can't upgrade. Davis is a JAG.

IMO this team needs to come away with a DT tonight and if one is there at 53, they absolutely should be considering that even if Jerry's favorite new player, Brooks, is sitting there.
Jerry and Stephen seriously *** up. They panicked. Stephen said they had offers to trade down once again from that #29 spot, but they said NO. They should have traded that #29 pick into the upper 2nd round while being able to pick up another 3rd and a 4th round picks. That would have given them...

(2) 2nd round picks
(3) 3rd round picks
(1) 4th round pick

Jerry, Stephen, McClay and their front office keep proving they are average at best when it comes to drafting. They should have traded down TWICE like the Buffalo Bills while picking up more 2nd, 3rd and a 4th round picks. Too many holes to fill but not enough draft picks.

BIG DUMMIES

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not necessarily depth like you are looking for a backup OT here. Or depth piece at TE.

We have literally TWO DTs on the roster that can play a little and I might be exaggerating on Smith who showed nothing last year. Any DT we add from here to the start of the season is likely going to eat major minutes. And neither guy we have is all that great that you couldn't find a guy that could easily start over either.

RBs are the least valuable position. And any WR you add is going to be a #3 WR at this point or maybe even #4 if Tolbert continues to develop. I would be fine taking an interior OL as well. But the point was people seem to be pounding the table to take a TB at 56. My point is DT is a disaster and taking one at 53 might be smarter.
You have two DTs but you have no center, linebacker, rb…I’m not for running back in the second but I also don’t want them I keep waiting to take a back and get to the 4th round and none of the guys they want are there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen seriously *** up. They panicked. Stephen said they had offers to trade down once again from that #29 spot, but they said NO. They should have traded that #29 pick into the upper 2nd round while being able to pick up another 3rd and a 4th round picks. That would have given them...

(2) 2nd round picks
(3) 3rd round picks
(1) 4th round pick

Jerry, Stephen, McClay and their front office keep proving they are average at best when it comes to drafting. They should have traded down TWICE like the Buffalo Bills while picking up more 2nd, 3rd and a 4th round picks. Too many holes to fill but not enough draft picks.

BIG DUMMIES
Funny I thought Bills were idiots trading down like they did. Traded down one too many times.

kskboys

Reaction score
You have two DTs but you have no center, linebacker, rb…I’m not for running back in the second but I also don’t want them I keep waiting to take a back and get to the 4th round and none of the guys they want are there.
You mean w/ the 4th rounder we don't have?

kskboys

Reaction score
No we don't. We have one DT who is better served as a rotational type.

If you're just counting bodies, we are great at every position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Brooks fits the second round “Jerry Fun Pick” profile: ACL injury last November certainly qualifies him, :laugh:

In all seriousness, Brooks is a real RB talent but I’m also reluctant to believe that a guy with an ACL tear last November is going to be fully healed 8 months later for training camp. Not saying he’s not a big talent but I’m also not sold that he is light years better than a few other RBs. Waiting until pick 73 in round 3 (from the Detroit trade) is where I would feel more comfortable.
If you take a RB high, he's likely a rental because it's bad business to pay him.

So it's nonsensical to draft an RB who can't contribute right away and for the duration of his rookie contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
You're missing the point. Take a C at 56, I don't care. Or a DE. Or a LB. The point is people are so hell bent on adding a RB, the least valuable position, at 56 and missing the fact they have crap at DT (along with other issues).