Just ABSURD !!!!!!

Mansta54

Reaction score
CATCH17;2298761 said:
Bottom line is Dallas is going to kick a lot of teams ***'s this year whether a lot of you cry babies like it or not.

Ultimately we will be judged in the playoffs.

We do have things to work on. But so does every team.

Ask yourself what teams have less holes than Dallas. The list isn't very long.

Dude, you're rolling....:bow:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Champsheart;2298622 said:
I mean really, is there anything else like this in Sports !!!!!!!!!!!

1 loss, 1 fricking loss and all this DRAMA! Between the media and the fans it is absurd.

We did not lose a playoff game, we lost 1 fricking game, the 4th game of the season and a complete MELTDOWN.

FOLKS WE WILL LOSE 2 or 3 more games as well, is this what it is going to be like after every loss, FIRE EVERYONE and call the whole team a bunch of BUMS! Do we forget the late 90's and early 2000's.

After every loss is the MEDIA going to act like a bunch of fabricating idiots spelling the demise of the Dallas Cowboys!!!

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I had to explain this to my 2 kids last night, one 9 years old and the other 6 years old. I came home from work and not only did they have a rough day at school (live in Denver), but came home and watched Monday Night Countdown.
Man my boys where confused at what the heck was going on, so they got a very valuable discussion about being a Dallas Cowboys fan, what they will have to put up with and why.

At the end it was a simple phrase that they can move on with as we huddled up and said "EMBRACE THE HATE." Thanks HOS!

I tell ya, it is hard being a father today, and even harder raising Dallas Cowboy fans!!! LOL

The problem for me is not that we lost one game. The problem is how we lost the game and most of all that the reasons for losing the game already were showing in the games before.

teams figuring out how to beat our defense on a regular basis. but what concerns me more it looks like teams found a way to stop our offense. not shut down but stop them. this is a problem we had also last year but very late in the year (around after the 10th game). garett wasn't really able to find something working against the defensive philosophy or maybe it's romo who just isn't able to adept his play the way he has to to beat these kind of coverages.

against the Commanders there were a lot of single coverages and romo wasn't able to beat them with well timed throws. aikmans said that three or four times in the game that romos balls were a little bit late all resulting in incompletions. i won't mention the INT he threw.

i don't want to blame one single person. losing in team sports is always because of many people (coaches and players). what i see is a trend and that makes me think a bit. this loss wasn't a loss nobody could forsee. i wasn't suprised at all. that is what scares me most. right now to me we are not legit. never were the last two games.

For myself i can say i don't care what the media writes. for sure it's a great feeling when everybody sees you as the best team in the nfl. and i for sure read those articles and feel great about it and it motivates me alot. but i watch the games myself and i can judge the wins and losses on my own. so i really don't care what the media thinks.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I knew this "all is well!" thread was coming. I was just 24 hours off.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bbgun;2298822 said:
I knew this "all is well!" thread was coming. I was just 24 hours off.

All is not well.

But it aint doom and gloom either.

There has to be an in between sometimes and with a lot of you there isnt.

We're either best team in the league or over rated and suck. There is no middle ground.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2298701 said:
People are melting down because they see this as a prelude to another early playoff ouster.

Between this team's "la-de-da" attitude and its history of failure post-Thanksgiving and into the playoffs, no wonder fans are concerned.

This team hasn't earned anyone's trust. The coach has this down-home, "Yuck it up-- It ain't so bad" attitude and I think many see that same attitude came across from the players.

Yep. First off it's Washington. A loss to them anytime is unacceptable and a divisional game that we should have had no problem in winning. I can't remember the last time we won a game that meant something. This game is exactly what this team has become known for. Seems we have a schedule chock full of "trap" games with the way this team plays.

This "C'mon guys, it's one loss" B.S. is and has been our problem for several years now. They seem to forget that's all it takes when the playoffs roll around..............with a friggin' bye week AND homefield advantage.

In the infamous attitude of this team.......Oh well.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Seven;2298924 said:
Yep. First off it's Washington. A loss to them anytime is unacceptable and a divisional game that we should have had no problem in winning. I can't remember the last time we won a game that meant something. This game is exactly what this team has become known for. Seems we have a schedule chock full of "trap" games with the way this team plays.

This "C'mon guys, it's one loss" B.S. is and has been our problem for several years now. They seem to forget that's all it takes when the playoffs roll around..............with a friggin' bye week AND homefield advantage.

In the infamous attitude of this team.......Oh well.

If anything-I'm surprised the media et al haven't given the Skins enough credit for this win. It wasn't exactly the Eagles game where we did everything possible to try to give the game away(thanks to early boneheaded mistakes, it costed us a double digit easy win).

The Skins, OTOH, just smacked us a good one in our house. It was THEM who tried to do everything to let us be in the game with a couple of their boneheaded mistakes(a penalty on 3rd down keeping our 1st TD drive alive, 2 penalties on their center that negated 2 TDs, etc).

Really-we had a bad game, let's move on.

Seven

Reaction score
CATCH17;2298854 said:
All is not well.

There has to be an in between sometimes and with a lot of you there isnt.

We're either best team in the league or over rated and suck. There is no middle ground.

Name the last game we won that meant something. You happy with 12 years of futility? You happy with over-paid, very talented athletes, content with mediocrity? You happy with the same old PC schtick coming out of these guys' mouths, coaching staff included? Are you happy with NO post-sesaon improvement?

Folks won't use the doom and gloom card until we lose that first play-off game again. The writing is on the wall and this loss proves it. To me, nothing has changed.

Seven

Reaction score
Boysboy;2298943 said:
If anything-I'm surprised the media et al haven't given the Skins enough credit for this win. It wasn't exactly the Eagles game where we did everything possible to try to give the game away(thanks to early boneheaded mistakes, it costed us a double digit easy win).

The Skins, OTOH, just smacked us a good one in our house. It was THEM who tried to do everything to let us be in the game with a couple of their boneheaded mistakes(a penalty on 3rd down keeping our 1st TD drive alive, 2 penalties on their center that negated 2 TDs, etc).

Really-we had a bad game, let's move on.

Thank-you. You've just described last years play-off game against the Gints. I moved on then.........to six freakin' months of no more football. Once AGAIN.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Seven;2298955 said:
Name the last game we won that meant something. You happy with 12 years of futility? You happy with over-paid, very talented athletes, content with mediocrity? You happy with the same old PC schtick coming out of these guys' mouths, coaching staff included? Are you happy with NO post-sesaon improvement?

Folks won't use the doom and gloom card until we lose that first play-off game again. The writing is on the wall and this loss proves it. To me, nothing has changed.

If we go 1 and done yet again-just imagine the media frenzy over this. Even Keith Olbermann over on his "Countdown" show at MSNBC may use his "Special Comments" segment to unload on us.:(

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Seven;2298955 said:

How on earth does this loss have anything to do with this years post season?

And yes Dallas has won some games that have meant something or they would have never been in position to even play in a playoff game.

You say these games dont mean anything but you use these games as evidence this team hasn't changed.

Mansta54

Reaction score
CATCH17;2298976 said:

And yes Dallas has won some games that have meant something or they would have never been in position to even play in a playoff game.

You say these games dont mean anything but you use these games as evidence this team hasn't changed.

I was going to address his posts but they were so ridiculous that I decided against it. Glad you did tho, and you handled it well. ;)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2298854 said:
All is not well.

Depends. If your goal is to finish with 12 wins or so followed by a playoff exit, then this team should suit you nicely. If, however, your goal is to win a championship, then yes, doom and gloom is very much in order. Sunday's loss was very edifying in that regard (ditto the Eagles game). If your plan is to win shootouts every week on the road to Tampa, well, that almost never works.

Seven

Reaction score
CATCH17;2298761 said:
Bottom line is Dallas is going to kick a lot of teams ***'s this year whether a lot of you cry babies like it or not.

13-3 last year!! We whooped up on a lot of teams last year!! Big, moldy deal. let's go 13-3, 12-4, maybe 14-2. I cant wait.
CATCH17;2298761 said:
Ultimately we will be judged in the playoffs.

Just like the last four years? What a concept. This game is a self-portrait of how we lose in the playoffs. I'm not overreacting. I'm betting on it at this point.
CATCH17;2298761 said:
We do have things to work on. But so does every team.

My question is ...............are we working on them?
CATCH17;2298761 said:
Ask yourself what teams have less holes than Dallas. The list isn't very long.

Nooooooo. Ask yourself this........Did we just play a team with MORE holes, and LOST?

Mansta54;2298780 said:
Dude, you're rolling....:bow:

He's rollin' alright. Right out of the playoffs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some (not all) of the meltdown is due to the misconception by some that Dallas was going to go undefeated. It's never going to happen again for any team. The Patriots came close and they were very, very lucky to have done so.

This is the era of parity, not yesteryear. There will only be one resident within the city limits of that quaint little town called Perfectville for many years to come and that's Miami.

18-1? That's a possibility for Dallas and other teams this year and into the future. 19-0? Please.

Seven

Reaction score
CATCH17;2298976 said:

Again.....it's their style. This game is a replica of how we lose in the playoffs year after year.

CATCH17;2298976 said:
Name ONE in post season. Just one.
CATCH17;2298976 said:

They haven't changed in regards to POST SEASON. You like the 14-2 records in regular season. I do NOT. Year after year of failure in POST SEASON. Failure like yesterday, in the same fashion. The Pats hate the 18-0 moniker, I guarantee you that. It gets you NOTHING.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DallasEast;2299010 said:
Some (not all) of the meltdown is due to the misconception by some that Dallas was going to go undefeated. It's never going to happen again for any team. The Patriots came close and they were very, very lucky to have done so.

This is the era of parity, not yesteryear. There will only be one resident within the city limits of that quaint little town called Perfectville for many years to come and that's Miami.

18-1? That's a possibility for Dallas and other teams this year and into the future. 19-0? Please.

The Pats had an undefeated reg season largely thanks to their cupcake schedule. Plus they used that whole Spygate thing as their "us against the world" motivation.

I never thought we would go undefeated either-was very surprised why some Zoners thought so.

Seven

Reaction score
Mansta54;2298984 said:
I was going to address his posts but they were so ridiculous that I decided against it. Glad you did tho, and you handled it well. ;)

Because you haven't a leg to stand on and you know it. Wise man. I'll ask you. Name me one POST SEASON game we have won that mattered. One. I'll wait.

Seven

Reaction score
Boysboy;2299025 said:
The Pats had an undefeated reg season largely thanks to their cupcake schedule. Plus they used that whole Spygate thing as their "us against the world" motivation.

You've conjured up some less than formiddable excuses for the Pats. What's our's? I'm dying to know.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2299025 said:

I never thought we would go undefeated either-was very surprised why some Zoners thought so.
Oh, it's not just Zoners. There are some fans of all teams who think that way. I blame it on video games. After all, if you can do it on Madden, why can't it ever happen in real life? :confused:

ethiostar

Reaction score
Each camp, from opposite sides, seems to be saying the same thing. One side says, "it's not all doom and gloom" and the other "not all is well".

Obviously, we all agree this is a very talented team but there are concerns about the team, just like fans of other teams have thier own concern. We, on this board, can't seem to get passed what we feel is an 'agenda' by the other camp, so we spend our time trying to prove the 'extreme' views held by the other camp are not founded.

Just because someone raises a concern, it doesn't make them 'chicken littles', unless that is all they do everytime they get on this forum. Also, just because someone doesn't see the concerns as glaring as you do, it doesn't make them 'blind homers'.

Can't we all just get along..............lol