Just ABSURD !!!!!!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
peplaw06;2300620 said:
Please tell us how our last playoff loss was a carbon copy of Sunday's game...

A cluster (you know what) of a three ring circus. Keystone cop football. You can lay out stats all you want. Don't mean crap. Our defense played very, very similar to last years playoff loss. Romo running around the pocket. Marion Barber running all over the Gint's and we stopped that. Why? Ran the football 11 times against the Skins? Why's that? You do remember Toomers td catch with three Cowboys in the area and he scored? Right before the half? Stat that stuff. I suggest you watch the game and you'll find plenty of examples of same.
peplaw06;2300620 said:
The Giants were outgained by us by 106 yards. 40 more yards passing by Romo and 60 more yards rushing, including 130 by Barber. We had 11 penalties for 85 yards, they had 3 for 25.

More stats? Who won the game? How did they win the game? Pressure on Romo and abandoned the running game. The defense bending 'til it broke.
peplaw06;2300620 said:
The Commanders outgained us by 40 yards. Romo had 70 more yards passing than Campbell, but Portis had 121 yards rushing alone... Skins had 160 total. The Giants had 90 total and Jacobs had 54. We had 3 penalties for 15 yards against the Skins, they had 5 for 30.

More stats? You don't give up. The way the Cowboy's played a divisional game, RIVAL mind you, against a bunch of no-name hack's and LOST? That's not a championship caliober team and it definitely appears NOTHING has been addressed in that particular dept.
peplaw06;2300620 said:
Against the Giants we had 36 minutes of possession and 21 against the Skins.

So tell me, how were they the same? Was it just because we lost?

No. It's HOW we lost. Not really that hard to understand.

peplaw06;2300620 said:
There's really no reason to believe that this past weeks game was any more meaningful than the game we played against Philly is there? Then why all the hand-wringing?

Duh. Of course there is. Divisional rival, again, and we still played like crap. IMO, that game could've went either way. You know this.

At this point , IMO we're not in control of games other than the Packer game. That was a well rounded game. Stats or no stats. They won and won in a Pro-football fashion. Not running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Again, I posted what I saw according to my opinion. If that hurts most, so be it. I see no change from the end of last year. And to you also....last time the Cowboys won a meaningful POST-SEASON game? Yet we "out-played" the Giants last year. Hm. Stats don't necessarliy give you a win. Worthless.

You point out where I'm "hand-wringing". Do it. I'll wait. Nice spin, pep. That's not like you.

peplaw06;2300620 said:
I only made it to Tuesday this week. Most weeks after a loss, I stay away until Wed/Thurs, because this place is completely unbearable.

I usually do as well. But you're right. It's ridiculous.

Seven

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2300483 said:
quoted for truth

Thanks for the info.............

:write: ......must become more MB savvy.......

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Right you are champ!!

Ridiculous that Cowboy fans should care.

It's no big deal, losing, is it?

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
For me it's not so much about losing sunday, but about the fact we have lost five of the last seven to the skins.

That is a troubling pattern if you ask me. :(

Champsheart

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2303831 said:
Right you are champ!!

Ridiculous that Cowboy fans should care.

It's no big deal, losing, is it?

Dude, Gal, whatever, I am reading you all over this board, you are being a Drama Queen! Really. Dont worry though you are not alone.

The funny thing is half the people who complain about ESPN sound just like them.

Seven

Reaction score
Champsheart;2304038 said:
Dude, Gal, whatever, I am reading you all over this board, you are being a Drama Queen! Really. Dont worry though you are not alone.

The funny thing is half the people who complain about ESPN sound just like them.

Sound like who? ESPN or "The Complainers"? :cool:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Champsheart;2304038 said:

Champ, if you loved Sunday's game it is your right.

Sad but true, I am one of those Cowboys fans who HATES to lose.
I have tried to not let losses bother me. I am working on it.
With your help, I can get past this loss.
If you find it in your happy heart to forgive me it will help fight off this bad feeling resulting from Sunday's game.
We can't all be happy hearts like you. But rest assured, we means well and look forward to our next win, no matter how lousy the team we face.
Thank you for your caring. It is fans like you that make me see a brighter future for the Cowboys.

Stay classy.

Seven

Reaction score
windward;2304242 said:
Stay classy.

:lmao2:
Pot, meet kettle................. :lmao:

Mirrors are reeeel cheap at Wal-Mart.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
It amazes me how so called experts make diffrent super bowl predictions based on one loss. I mean did they really expect any team to go undefeated. It's only happened once. Last year was probaly once in a lifetime. We probaly won't see another 16-0 team for another 20+ years. I made my predictions when the season began. Cowboys vs Colts in the super bowl. Until one of them is officially eliminated I won't change my mind no matter what their record is.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Seven;2304266 said:
:lmao2:
Pot, meet kettle................. :lmao:

Mirrors are reeeel cheap at Wal-Mart.
Where did I manipulate quotes?

Where did I resort to ad hominem attacks?

Champsheart

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2304232 said:
Champ, if you loved Sunday's game it is your right.

Sad but true, I am one of those Cowboys fans who HATES to lose.
I have tried to not let losses bother me. I am working on it.
With your help, I can get past this loss.
If you find it in your happy heart to forgive me it will help fight off this bad feeling resulting from Sunday's game.
We can't all be happy hearts like you. But rest assured, we means well and look forward to our next win, no matter how lousy the team we face.
Thank you for your caring. It is fans like you that make me see a brighter future for the Cowboys.

Stay classy.

Yo man, I HATE to loose, especially to the Skins, I have never ever been happy over a loss, after we lose I usually do not move from my chair for the rest of the night. It sucks. I am depressed.
BUT
That does not keep me from using my brain and having a little common sense.
I analyze why I think we lost, and what we could have done better, sure.

But I do not act like a little spoiled child like a large percentage on this board calling our players BUMS, calling for coaching firings, acting like I knew what happened in the locker room before the game, having complete meltdowns, and not letting it go. AFTER 1 FRICKIN loss.

Now depending on how the season goes, that could change.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Seven;2303743 said:
A cluster (you know what) of a three ring circus. Keystone cop football. You can lay out stats all you want. Don't mean crap. Our defense played very, very similar to last years playoff loss. Romo running around the pocket. Marion Barber running all over the Gint's and we stopped that. Why? Ran the football 11 times against the Skins? Why's that? You do remember Toomers td catch with three Cowboys in the area and he scored? Right before the half? Stat that stuff. I suggest you watch the game and you'll find plenty of examples of same.
The defense wasn't at all similar. We played good run defense against the Giants and got run over by the Skins. Romo runs around the pocket all the time, hardly an indication we're going to lose. Can you answer why we went away from the run in the Giants game? I can in the Skins game... because it wasn't working, and Romo was seeing 8 man fronts, so he audibled out. It was obviously working against the Giants.

What did Toomer's catch have to do with anything? We scored at the end of the first half against the Skins.

I'd be surprised if you even watched the games given the fact that you can't make a single valid comparison between the two losses.

More stats? Who won the game? How did they win the game? Pressure on Romo and abandoned the running game. The defense bending 'til it broke.

More stats? You don't give up. The way the Cowboy's played a divisional game, RIVAL mind you, against a bunch of no-name hack's and LOST? That's not a championship caliober team and it definitely appears NOTHING has been addressed in that particular dept.
You don't like stats? You'd rather throw out baseless comments based on what you "saw." Nevermind the fact that the stats (or facts) don't backup what you say you "saw." No... we'll just go off your gut or your opinion as to how the games played out.

How many times was Romo sacked last week?

I guess this last paragraph are the only comparisons you can actually make that mean anything... we lost, to a division rival, at home... wow. Guess that is a losing combination. Of course, we did beat Philly at home just the week prior to.

If you thought that this was a championship caliber team before and now you don't, the only way to explain that is that you're a knee-jerk reactionary.

Duh. Of course there is. Divisional rival, again, and we still played like crap. IMO, that game could've went either way. You know this.
Philly is a division rival too. And we didn't play that great against them on defense anyway. Too many penalties too. But the offense played great so we won. I didn't see you in here saying we weren't championship caliber then. The Washington game could have gone either way too. That onsides kick gets caught by Hurd, and we have a Buffalo repeat.

At this point , IMO we're not in control of games other than the Packer game. That was a well rounded game. Stats or no stats. They won and won in a Pro-football fashion. Not running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
Were we not in control of the Cleveland game? And if you can "control" half of your games in the NFL, and win half of the games your not "in control," then I bet you'll have a pretty good win percentage.

And chuckle at winning in a "Pro-football fashion." Does that mean leading at the end of the game as opposed to outscoring them? Again you can't point to anything specific, you just spit out cliches like we were "running around with chickens like our heads cut off...." That despite the fact that we had 300 yards passing and only 3 penalties. Come on man... you put forth the opinion that this was a typical loss for us. Tell us how, specifically.

Again, I posted what I saw according to my opinion. If that hurts most, so be it. I see no change from the end of last year. And to you also....last time the Cowboys won a meaningful POST-SEASON game? Yet we "out-played" the Giants last year. Hm. Stats don't necessarliy give you a win. Worthless.
This is a diversion from the point at hand. I'm not arguing that we have won recent meaningful post-season games. The point was yours, that we lost in the same fashion. Guess we lost in a pro-football fashion.

You see no change.... In what respect are the losses the same? How are teams going to approach us now? I mean if these are carbon copy losses, then there must be a specific blueprint for beating us... Do you have to be a division rival playing in Texas stadium? If so, that doesn't really sound like a blueprint. Is it holding Barber under 100 yards? The Giants didn't do that. Is it holding Romo under 300 yards passing? The Skins didn't do that. So what is it? Make us commit penalties? We only had 3 last week.

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2298668 said:
The reactions on this board are pretty dumb for the most part I agree.

I thought ES was funny after a loss but this place is 10 times worse. Its emberassing.

what's embarrassing is the way you spell embarrassing.

Seven

Reaction score
windward;2302049 said:

Nobody owned anybody. Pep stated his opinion, as did I, and you chose sarcasm on my behalf. Maybe 'cause you felt left out? :confused:

Stay classy..................

Seven

Reaction score
peplaw06;2304340 said:
The defense wasn't at all similar. We played good run defense against the Giants and got run over by the Skins.

And your point is? Surprised you have no stat here. Talk about baseless. Is this what you "saw"?
peplaw06;2304340 said:
Romo runs around the pocket all the time, hardly an indication we're going to lose.

Wrong. Romo's AND Garretts plan was for him to step UP into the pocket. When he can't, he scrambles. Which proves my point. He shouldn't be scrambling as much, which he did on Sunday, just like the Giants game last year. I also did NOT say it's why we lose. It's part of the big picture.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
Can you answer why we went away from the run in the Giants game? I can in the Skins game... because it wasn't working

B.S. WOW!!! a whole 11 times. Yeah that's proof. Maybe in hand grenade tossing. C'mon, Pep.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
Romo was seeing 8 man fronts, so he audibled out. It was obviously working against the Giants.
Again.........we out "stated" the Gints but LOST. Whoopie...........

peplaw06;2304340 said:
What did Toomer's catch have to do with anything? We scored at the end of the first half against the Skins.

Momentum and the lead. We were playing catch up because the Skin's came to play. We reverted to the lackluster Keystone cop, unorganized football we display in the playoffs. Sorry you can't see that.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
I'd be surprised if you even watched the games given the fact that you can't make a single valid comparison between the two losses.

Single my butt. I've pointed them out you refuse to hear it.
Re-read this post. You may want to go back and repeat in the mirror 10 times.
peplaw06;2304340 said:
You don't like stats? You'd rather throw out baseless comments based on what you "saw." Nevermind the fact that the stats (or facts) don't backup what you say you "saw." No... we'll just go off your gut or your opinion as to how the games played out.

Nooooo. We'll go off your stat machine and use the Giants as a example. Cowboys - better stats. Giants - Worse stats. Cowboys in stands watching Giants. Giants - WORLD CAHMPIONS. I cannot make it any more clear than that. Nevermind that the stats or your facts don't backup what you "believe".

peplaw06;2304340 said:
How many times was Romo sacked last week?

Who cares? How many passes were hurried and off target? That's kinda important too.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
I guess this last paragraph are the only comparisons you can actually make that mean anything... we lost, to a division rival, at home... wow. Guess that is a losing combination. Of course, we did beat Philly at home just the week prior to.

Whoa tiger. Just a couple sentences ago you stated I didn't have a SINGLE comparison AND you KNOW I said the Eagles game could've gone either way.
Your making my point for me. Thanks and all.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
If you thought that this was a championship caliber team before and now you don't, the only way to explain that is that you're a knee-jerk reactionary.

Man, pep. You're reverting to putiing wordsinto my mouth? Sad, sad day. SHOW ME where I said I thought I thought this team was of championship caliber. I dare you. You can't which makes your point all the less credible. Your grasping dude and you don't wear it well.
peplaw06;2304340 said:
Philly is a division rival too. And we didn't play that great against them on defense anyway.

I've already stated this in a previous post. Remember, I said the game could've gone either way? Thanks for para-phrasing tho.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
But the offense played great so we won. I didn't see you in here saying we weren't championship caliber then.

Again, you know why because I TOLD YOU in a previous post. I usually don't post until several days after a game. Can I get you a sports drink? Power bar?

peplaw06;2304340 said:
The Washington game could have gone either way too. That onsides kick gets caught by Hurd, and we have a Buffalo repeat.

Hurd didn't. So what? Has absolutely NO bearing on my opinion with HOW we lost. Next.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
Were we not in control of the Cleveland game?
You wanna talk Cleveland or do you want to talk about my Washington game opinion?
And no, I thought we had alot of luck with dropped passes by Cleveland and we ahd the first game bugs like everybody else.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
And if you can "control" half of your games in the NFL, and win half of the games your not "in control," then I bet you'll have a pretty good win percentage.

Um, dude. That's 50% by my math. We going 8-8?
peplaw06;2304340 said:
And chuckle at winning in a "Pro-football fashion." Does that mean leading at the end of the game as opposed to outscoring them? Again you can't point to anything specific, you just spit out cliches like we were "running around with chickens like our heads cut off...." That despite the fact that we had 300 yards passing and only 3 penalties. Come on man... you put forth the opinion that this was a typical loss for us. Tell us how, specifically.

Yet another useless stat. We LOST. We looked like we didn't know what we were doing. Stat that, jack.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
This is a diversion from the point at hand. I'm not arguing that we have won recent meaningful post-season games. The point was yours, that we lost in the same fashion. Guess we lost in a pro-football fashion.

Thanks for sharin'?
peplaw06;2304340 said:
You see no change.... In what respect are the losses the same? How are teams going to approach us now? I mean if these are carbon copy losses, then there must be a specific blueprint for beating us...

Wrong again, honey. IF we play our game, (which we're not,my point) then we roll. They can look at all the film they want. NO such thing as a blueprint for good teams that play to their potential. Again, it's not that we lost its HOW we lost. Say it alot, slowly.

peplaw06;2304340 said:
Do you have to be a division rival playing in Texas stadium? If so, that doesn't really sound like a blueprint.

WTH are you talking about? You said blueprint. I didn't. You're scaring me now.............

peplaw06;2304340 said:
Is it holding Barber under 100 yards? The Giants didn't do that. Is it holding Romo under 300 yards passing? The Skins didn't do that. So what is it? Make us commit penalties? We only had 3 last week.

Stats. Good Lord. If you can't tell the difference between the way we played and the way we should play, then I'm not sure anyone can help you. We haven't changed one iota, thus far, form the end of last year. Washington is a lesser team, IMO and we continue to let teams like that slap us around. Should not happen.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Seven;2304931 said:
All that work, and I still can't answer the questions posed nor can I back up my claims...
Duly noted.

You keep saying "it's not the stats, it's HOW we lost."

How exactly is that? And how are the last two losses the same (or carbon-copies)? You get points for being specific.