Just another reason I'm glad we drafted Zeke

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Just because teams got away from drafting RB's high. Fans now think they are wasted picks.
But Dallas drafts a RB high, now other teams are doing it again also.

I bet all the high pick / Zeke haters thought Barkley was a great pick for the NYG.

It is a copy cat leagues, and Dallas set the tone to start RB's high again, and some fans don't like it.
True.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Honestly you wouldn't have gone wrong with either. Ramsey is a helluva talent, I think his mouth is the only problem AT TIMES. Personally I love my star DBs cocky and brash. Sue me.... (Lawyer talk)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
usatsi_10466040.jpg

Best defensive player. Period
*sigh*

blueblood70

Reaction score
generational is a bit of an over statement.
no its not hes elite in college and never missed a beat here , had it not been for RG and the unfair BS he put zeke through and still suspended him the max for nothing, he was on pace even for the off year of distractions for nearly 1400 yards..rushing champion as a rookie and then followed it with all the distractions for the best YPA and would have had 1400plus easy..that would have destroyed the first two years by Emmitt Smith but even with 6 less games he still has more then Smith..dont say line because both had a great line and last year the line was pieced together most of the year and what not..he looks tough and healthy so I doubt he will start missing games so if he stays on the field he will continue to build on his career..

chagus

Reaction score
Ramsey isnt bashing... he's bating. He's hoping they target him after this. That's not brash and arrogant... its confidence.

NotForLong

Reaction score
no its not hes elite in college and never missed a beat here , had it not been for RG and the unfair BS he put zeke through and still suspended him the max for nothing, he was on pace even for the off year of distractions for nearly 1400 yards..rushing champion as a rookie and then followed it with all the distractions for the best YPA and would have had 1400plus easy..that would have destroyed the first two years by Emmitt Smith but even with 6 less games he still has more then Smith..dont say line because both had a great line and last year the line was pieced together most of the year and what not..he looks tough and healthy so I doubt he will start missing games so if he stays on the field he will continue to build on his career..
I cant believe you had to actually explain that:huh:

CWR

Reaction score
Long as Ramsey is not pulling a TO and ripping his own players who cares about what he says about players on other teams. He's not supposed to like them because they play for the enemy. Glad we got Zeke though

Usually with guys like this its just a matter of time. Its always easy when the team is winning, when the wins stop coming it wouldn't suprise me a bit if he began to publicly criticize his own. That said Zeke has some maturing to do of his own. Hopefully the both of them toe the line and let their talent come to fruition.

CWR

Reaction score
After having successfully separated the player and the person, I would take Ramsey over Elliott because CB's that good, mouthy or not, are harder to find than good RB's. I like watching the players and can ignore the personalities after experience with Irvin, Sanders and Owens.

I can get with that except Zeke isnt just a good RB. Hes a rare talent.

Sydla

Reaction score
How's that?

Maybe my definition of generational is different than yours. Not every elite player is generational. Or another way, while Elliott is an elite talent, there are other elite, almost similar type talents at TB in the NFL. Gurley, for example.

When I see generational, I see a kid that is unique, has a skill set we've never seen or haven't seen for a long time. That's a generational talent. LeBron James was a generational talent. A unique combination of size, strength, skill, speed that you had rarely, if ever seen in one player in the NBA. You could say a guy like Mike Trout is a generational talent, a kid with that combination of skill that lit baseball on fire right from the first moment he swung the bat in Anaheim.

Elliott is an elite guy, but he wouldn't fit my definition of generational.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can get with that except Zeke isnt just a good RB. Hes a rare talent.
But there are other rare talented RB's as well, Bell, Johnson, Gurley, Hunt and Dalvin Cook was making some noise until he got injured.

With all of the hoopla about the passing game and spread in college, I think the RB's coming out are better than the WR's. There are always good backs coming out than can immediate impact.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ok, so you start with the insults when you can't prove your point. I had yo on ignore for a long time. from your insults before. So back on it you go this time for good. As usual the persons I put on ignore, then remove show me again why they were on ignore.

You are just a hater of this team, and probably are pretty hateful about life. Get out of your moms basement dude, there is a lot more to life out there then constantly being negative and insulting.

Do not bother to respond, as I will not see it.
If you want an argument, I will give you one, and prove myself right as I have done so. But the insults and stupid comments do not fly with me. So I am giving that back to you before I put you on ignore.

Oh, is that your mommy calling you now....

Yep. Again, nothing of substance.

Shocker.

25K posts of garbage.

J12B

Reaction score
Nah. I like players who are sure of themselves.

There's a lot of good players sure of themselves and don't have to cause a circus just to bring attention on themselves.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Every player is different. I dont care about their personality as long as they perform on the field and stay out of trouble off the field.

GMO415

Reaction score
EzE was drafted to prolong Tony's career......it also worked in helping a 4th round QB evelvate to an MVP performance.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

How's that?

He's not generational, because Adrian Peterson still plays in the league (or at least did this past year). Because Le'veon Bell and David Johnson do things that Zeke just hasn't yet. Maybe we are just differing on our definition of generational. Jerry Rice was a generational talent. Randy Moss was as well, even though their career overlapped, just because Moss was a different type of freak. Guys like Tyron Smith are great players, but not generational talents imo. Too many contemporaries of similar skill. Joe Thomas, Trent Williams, maybe 1 or 2 others. Zeke id an elite RB, but generational talent. Not in my opinion.