Just another reason I'm glad we drafted Zeke

DFWJC

Reaction score
My choice as our pick approached was
Bosa--if there
Zeke or Ramsey or trade down...all fairly equal

After Bosa, I was a bit enamored with the idea of slightly trading down and then getting, say BOTH Tunsil (or Floyd) and, say, Michael Thomas

Definitley was not complaining when we took Zeke though...however, being honest, he wasn ot my 1st choice.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
He was a good ILB, he's far from that now.

Giants fans are pissed after seeing him in preseason. He's five steps behind TEs in coverage. And for the record he was the 61st rated ILB last year by PFF. One of the worst in the league.

How the Rams were able to get value out of him with that bad contract will forever be an anomoly.
Don't agree that he's trash.

Anyway, Gnats rebuilt their OL w/ Solder and Omameh and Hernandez. The guys they let go were trash!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I have always wondered if the 90's cowboys won because their defense was so good, or that their offense was even better. our offense simply imposed their will on the bills great defense. then again, coaching might have had something to do with it.
Defense. Funny thing is, w/ all the triplets talk, that was a D team. The first super bowl vs BUFF was advertised as the #1 D vs the #1 O of Buff.

The Bills were winning that game until the D took a hand and took the game over. Our D was better than our O.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Don't agree that he's trash.

Anyway, Gnats rebuilt their OL w/ Solder and Omameh and Hernandez. The guys they let go were trash!!!!!
Who is Omamah?
They were their best 2 starters last year thoughand were decent.

Lets just say those two were much better than Ogletree.

cern

Reaction score
Defense. Funny thing is, w/ all the triplets talk, that was a D team. The first super bowl vs BUFF was advertised as the #1 D vs the #1 O of Buff.

The Bills were winning that game until the D took a hand and took the game over. Our D was better than our O.
I still think smash mouth football was the forte of the 90's cowboys. got to the point even phillie's vaunted gang green couldn't stop our offense. or parcells giants.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
o_O Is OP trying to be sarcastic? As if Zeke's off the field problems and the will he/won't he get suspended drama didn't cause EVERY distraction possible last season
Dang forgot about that.

Better player? Ramsey
Better value? Ramsey
Available for higher % of games? Ramsey
More important position? Ramsey

This is becoming a landslide.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak averaged more yards per attempt without Zeke on the field, and we averaged higher ypc without Zeke on the field last year.

That's with Tyron and Zeke missing most of the same games.
Dak was horrible in the games Zeke didnt play, outside of the Giants game

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm glad Zekes on our team but i'm just not a fan of his like I was for D. Ware, Dez, Romo.

Something about Zeke is unlikable to me. He may be cool in person but I doubt it. Unless you're a teammate of his I bet he sucks to be around.

I think this is unfair. Pro athletes get harassed by idiot fans all the time, whether by drunken idiots trying to show off to friends or entitled morons who think players "owe" them something. I don't blame them one bit or being standoff-ish or even a little rude to people they don't already know really well or another celebrity who knows what they have to go through. You have to set boundaries. Some athletes like Zeke also have to deal with other elements that we can't discuss on these boards so not being a happy-go-lucky person in real life is expected in my book.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barkley to the Gnats scares the bejeezers out of me.

The "RB's are worthless" spiel has been completely disproven and dismantled, but some are desperately clinging to it.
But they have a trash OL, haven't you heard? And he bounces everything out, can't run up the gut.

He ran behind a very mediocre OL at Penn St and he did bounce it out because he could. And back that weighs 230 and can move at 4.4 in the 40 should bring some fear to defenses. I saw him get knocked sideways and be at a 45 degree angle to the ground and come upright....and running.

Couple him with my concern about our run D and that's why I am going no better than 1-1 against them and could be 0-2. The guy that can make all the difference in that though is Jaylon and he's looking like he's coming along so I do have some hope. But not in those DT's or Safety's.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang forgot about that.

Better player? Ramsey
Better value? Ramsey

Not even close. More like you are going down a mud slide.
Sounds like you need to go root for the Jaguars. Good riddance dude.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm glad we drafted Zeke. I would have been happier with Ramsey, but I'm certainly happy we have the best HB in the league.

With that said, we can't have him signed past his age-29 season. Let some other team overpay for his Legacy Years. We need him for his prime and that's it.

He's too violent to age well, imo. He isn't as deft as 22 was between the tackles.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang forgot about that.

Better player? Ramsey
Better value? Ramsey

That often happens when people don't consider both sides of an argument.

dfense

Reaction score
Ramsey might be the best corner in the league already. But he's pretty immature. Acts like he's 15.

Sydla

Reaction score
usatsi_10466040.jpg

Best defensive player. Period

I'd trade a #1, #2, Crawford, Lewis, Williams, Tapper, a couple of Jerry's Papa Johns franchises, a few of Jerry's oil rigs for this guy.

Sydla

Reaction score
Elliott did not put the team in jeopardy at all. Stupid Goodell did

Again false. Why are people acting like the DV issue was the only off the field criticism of Elliott?

For crissakes, his own dad said publicly his child is immature and needs to clean up his act.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My choice as our pick approached was
Bosa--if there
Zeke or Ramsey or trade down...all fairly equal

After Bosa, I was a bit enamored with the idea of slightly trading down and then getting, say BOTH Tunsil (or Floyd) and, say, Michael Thomas

Definitley was not complaining when we took Zeke though...however, being honest, he wasn ot my 1st choice.
Man, if Bosa fell to us and we took him (I still think we would have passed and had Zeke as priority #1), could you imagine?? LOL

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That often happens when people don't consider both sides of an argument.

I have. I want to think the Cowboys made right decision, it's in my best interest to as theyre my favorite sports team. I find myself trying to somehow back the Taco pick sometimes, but it's pretty difficult.

But was any of the post you responded to false? I am willing to change my POV if given factual findings as to why I should. And if there's someone on this forum that change my mind, it's you CC.

What do you think the spread on non Cowboys/Jags fans would respond if given the choice between Zeke and Ramsey?