Just another reason I'm glad we drafted Zeke

DFWJC

Reaction score
Man, if Bosa fell to us and we took him (I still think we would have passed and had Zeke as priority #1), could you imagine?? LOL
They seemed pretty dialed in on Zeke.
He is a stud
But I would've had heart failure if they passed on Bosa.
I recall draft day thinking we had him, and then San Diego (who had been sand-bagging about their interest) snagged him instead of Ramsey.

J12B

Reaction score
Man, if Bosa fell to us and we took him (I still think we would have passed and had Zeke as priority #1), could you imagine?? LOL

On draft day, I would have not been happy with taking Bosa over Zeke or Ramsey (although everyone believed the chargers would take ramsey). But today, I would much rather we have Bosa than Zeke. And I'm a huge Zeke fan.

Bosa has just been a very consistent disruptive pass rusher for the Chargers and hasn't even reached his ceiling yet.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not sure Zeke wasn't 1A and Bosa was 1 on their board. SD pulled one.

And I totally missed on Bosa, thought he was over-rated and would be a 3rd pick bust.

But, hell, hard to screw up with the 4 pick unless they bust out on a QB. Bosa or Ramsey would have helped the D but the Cowboys were a top heavy O team and the O was closer to good than the D so I had no problem with picking Zeke at all. Plus, they had a QB coming off an injury and needing some extra protection in the backfield and Meyer said Zeke was the best player without the ball he had ever seen.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
On draft day, I would have not been happy with taking Bosa over Zeke or Ramsey (although everyone believed the chargers would take ramsey). But today, I would much rather we have Bosa than Zeke. And I'm a huge Zeke fan.

Bosa has just been a very consistent disruptive pass rusher for the Chargers and hasn't even reached his ceiling yet.
Oh yeah, I fully remember all those folks saying how over-hyped Bosa was. It's no fault of yours, J12, to have those feelings back then. Half the pundits that get paid to have a hot take opinion couldn't even figure him out.

Very few, tho, thought he would be as disruptive and productive, out the gate, as he was. He's a monster.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am not sure Zeke wasn't 1A and Bosa was 1 on their board. SD pulled one.

And I totally missed on Bosa, thought he was over-rated and would be a 3rd pick bust.

But, hell, hard to screw up with the 4 pick unless they bust out on a QB. Bosa or Ramsey would have helped the D but the Cowboys were a top heavy O team and the O was closer to good than the D so I had no problem with picking Zeke at all. Plus, they had a QB coming off an injury and needing some extra protection in the backfield and Meyer said Zeke was the best player without the ball he had ever seen.
I think Zeke was our dead-red target on draft day. Even with some talk of Bosa being our pick, it was pretty clear from the war room cam, as well as the pressers after the pick, that Zeke was our guy.

Just imagining Bosa here with Tank and some of these youngsters is salivating, tho. But alas...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have. I want to think the Cowboys made right decision, it's in my best interest to as theyre my favorite sports team. I find myself trying to somehow back the Taco pick sometimes, but it's pretty difficult.

But was any of the post you responded to false? I am willing to change my POV if given factual findings as to why I should. And if there's someone on this forum that change my mind, it's you CC.

What do you think the spread on non Cowboys/Jags fans would respond if given the choice between Zeke and Ramsey?
I think if just the player talent was involved, Ramsey wins with fans of the team or non fans.

And I would take the back to back picks of JAX of Ramsey and Fournette over Elliott and Charleton. But they were looking at that season and not necessarily the future with the Elliott pick. They were one season removed seeing how the RB affected the offense and record and they duplicated that in 2016 with Elliott. They also saw how the RB and TOP helped their D.

QCE, hard to fault them for taking either player but I don't think 2016 comes close to that without Elliott on board, he was the catalyst. Long term, we'll see how that shakes out but I am not big on 2nd contracts to RBs anyway or 15-17M a year for a CB. And I do think Ramsey is heading toward the fattest contract for a D player in league history. Since the CBA, don't see a lot of teams in the SB with that.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I'm glad Zekes on our team but i'm just not a fan of his like I was for D. Ware, Dez, Romo.

Something about Zeke is unlikable to me. He may be cool in person but I doubt it. Unless you're a teammate of his I bet he sucks to be around.

I mean he seems to be great with kids

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I think if just the player talent was involved, Ramsey wins with fans of the team or non fans.

And I would take the back to back picks of JAX of Ramsey and Fournette over Elliott and Charleton. But they were looking at that season and not necessarily the future with the Elliott pick. They were one season removed seeing how the RB affected the offense and record and they duplicated that in 2016 with Elliott. They also saw how the RB and TOP helped their D.

QCE, hard to fault them for taking either player but I don't think 2016 comes close to that without Elliott on board, he was the catalyst. Long term, we'll see how that shakes out but I am not big on 2nd contracts to RBs anyway or 15-17M a year for a CB. And I do think Ramsey is heading toward the fattest contract for a D player in league history. Since the CBA, don't see a lot of teams in the SB with that.
I just don't think when you're picking at #4, that you weigh the immediate impact of that very first season over the remaining 7-8 of the CB or the 5-6 of the RB.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. In my mind if you put a slightly above average back like Murray with Ramsey we have a much better 2016 than having Zeke and a slightly above average CB(but who would take up much more cap $) like Carr.

If you're basing the pick off of 2016 alone? Then it's a debate for sure. After? I just dont see how its a contest.

We'll see how it shakes out. Thanks for trying to change my mind.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I've heard reports that if the front office didn't select Ezekiel Elliot with the 4th overall pick in 2016, Jalen Ramsey would have been the pick.

Ramsey has quickly become the type of player I despise- arrogant, cocky, and just an all around loud mouth. He rips other players on a regular basis and just seems like he will eventually turn into a toxic player in the locker room, if he hasn't already become one.

I don't care how good Ramsey becomes. No player is worth those kinds of constant distractions.

So glad we went with Zeke.
Do you remember last years distractions.

J12B

Reaction score
Do you remember last years distractions.

Those distractions were not his fault. All evidence I saw regarding the case pointed to his innocence. Goodell was either sending a message to Jerry Jones or was forced to be harsh on Zeke due the Me too movement" and did not want to receive any backlash from the press like the Ray Rice incident.

All of this was out of Zeke's control.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't think when you're picking at #4, that you weigh the immediate impact of that very first season over the remaining 7-8 of the CB or the 5-6 of the RB.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. In my mind if you put a slightly above average back like Murray with Ramsey we have a much better 2016 than having Zeke and a slightly above average CB(but who would take up much more cap $) like Carr.

If you're basing the pick off of 2016 alone? Then it's a debate for sure. After? I just dont see how its a contest.

We'll see how it shakes out. Thanks for trying to change my mind.
OK, that is really all I am basing it on, 2016. They had a good 14, a disastrous 15 and they needed a quick rebound and which player could immediately impact the season and the one missing ingredient from 14 was the RB. And the Cowboys have a follow the ball GM.

I am not a fan for the future, I am only in this season and what happens in 2018, just as I was in 2016. I was on Zeke from the get go for one reason only, he was the best immediate impact player I saw in the draft. Bosa and Ramsey would have both helped but taken this team to 13 wins? Nope, and all I cared about was that season. Like now, I don't care about 2019 at all.

When I was younger and before this disappointment/surprise teams thing was the norm, I could look 3-5 years ahead and actually cared about the pretend season because those players were the future of the team. Now, there is only now.

If you are weighing the two players/positions as a longevity and contribution comparison, then I would have to give the nod to the CB based on the averages. But, if I am looking at immediate impact at a position, none better than RB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you have nothing tangible to refute it?

Shocking

I already did, and you won't admit to being wrong. Shocking....

You are one of these that think they need to get in the last word, won't let it go. Because if you get in the last word, in your own little fantasy world you think you are right.
Go ahead...get in the last word. You will never convince me and I am through wasting my time on you. I have better and more important things to do, then to argue with a Jaguars fans.

Go p[ost your love for Ramsey there, I am sure you will be accepted there.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I already did, and you won't admit to being wrong. Shocking....

You are one of these that think they need to get in the last word, won't let it go. Because if you get in the last word, in your own little fantasy world you think you are right.
Go ahead...get in the last word. You will never convince me and I am through wasting my time on you. I have better and more important things to do, then to argue with a Jaguars fans.

Go p[ost your love for Ramsey there, I am sure you will be accepted there.

Admit I'm wrong with what?

Dude STHU, dont just talk to talk.

Either peice together a somewhat coherent argument or keep to yourself.

CC at least put together a well thought out argument, and admitted to shrot term thinking being the difference in our opinion. I'm not going to switch over to shott term thinking so while it was well thiught out it didnt persuade me out of mt position.

Here's the stage you want so bad

Last edited:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Ramsey is tactically saying those things to get in people's head.

I'm happy with the zeke pick as long as his head doesn't keep growing. Dude has the biggest head in the NFL.

Batman1980

Reaction score
OK, that is really all I am basing it on, 2016. They had a good 14, a disastrous 15 and they needed a quick rebound and which player could immediately impact the season and the one missing ingredient from 14 was the RB. And the Cowboys have a follow the ball GM.

I am not a fan for the future, I am only in this season and what happens in 2018, just as I was in 2016. I was on Zeke from the get go for one reason only, he was the best immediate impact player I saw in the draft. Bosa and Ramsey would have both helped but taken this team to 13 wins? Nope, and all I cared about was that season. Like now, I don't care about 2019 at all.

When I was younger and before this disappointment/surprise teams thing was the norm, I could look 3-5 years ahead and actually cared about the pretend season because those players were the future of the team. Now, there is only now.

If you are weighing the two players/positions as a longevity and contribution comparison, then I would have to give the nod to the CB based on the averages. But, if I am looking at immediate impact at a position, none better than RB.

Trying to discount what Dak could bring to this team over the next 10-15 seasons? If we're lucky they're both who we would like them to be and will make us contenders in the NFC for the next decade plus. Then again at the rate they're using Zeke, I doubt he will be at this level in 5 seasons.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Give me Ramsey's personality over Zeke's any day.

Both guys are good players. I don't mind brash or cocky if you can back it up, and both can. Zeke's a hell of a football player, but I have more of an issue with him getting himself in trouble off the field--both the St. Patty's Day incident and reputation for partying pretty hard--than I do with Ramsey's big mouth about football.

that does not fly on this board, remember when Patrick Crayton talked, he was told to shut his face?

St Patrick's day "incident" was nothing, hell the girl said she was fine with it. His trouble off the field was bogus and he was the subject of a court Kangaroo Courts call Kangaroo Courts.

Zeke has been badly mistreated.