Just cancelled Amazon Prime because of this

catiii

Reaction score
Logged in to Prime today and saw this banner---

"We apologize but Amazon has noticed some unusual reviewing activity on this account. As a result, all reviews submitted by this account have been removed and this account will no longer be able to contribute reviews and other content on Amazon. If you would like to learn more, please see our community guidelines. To contact us about this decision, please email xxxxxxx at amazon dot com." :eek:

It seems Big Tech censorship has taken hold with the billionaire Reptilian Lord of Amazon now :lmao: along with Twitter and Farcebook and Google. I told their supervisor the "cancel culture" their company supports is so good, I'm giving it back - by cancelling them and not only ending Prime, but removing all payment methods and never buying from them again even after the huge amount of money they've got over the years. Now the money flow to them stops!
Down here in Robicheaux Bayou, there is no consumer item we need bad enough to give them money that we can't get elsewhere, nor is there any Hollywood movie or show we need to see bad enough to give them money. Sometimes the only way to take a stand is by withholding money and it's pleasing to do so in the face of such antagonistic and pretentious customer abuse and censorship. :p

(The bit about "unusual reviewing activity" is pure bollocks. What does that even mean? It's Orwellian Newspeak.)

Merry Christmas :D :popcorn:

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i ditched amazon years ago when the minimum purchase for free-shipping went up to $25.
screw that noise.
i do almost all my on-line purchases from ebay.
i did purchase from amazon the new Elvis 4CD box set...From Elvis In Nashville...covering my favorite recording session from 1970...all master takes and alternate takes were stripped of the over-dubs so you here it as it was recorded.
it was released in november.
but everything else i look to ebay.

cowboyec

Reaction score
from ebay...
mel renfro 16x20 autographed photo
everson walls 16x20 autographed photo
bob lilly autographed mini-helment
everson walls autographed mini-helment
mel renfro autographed jersey

got each item for under $30...w/C.O.A.

you can get some killer crap on ebay...its where i get all my jerseys.
never pay over $30 and they are authentic.
its like an estate sale...gotta look carefully.
here is a hint...pictures and item description are key.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

"We apologize but Amazon has noticed some unusual reviewing activity on this account. As a result, all reviews submitted by this account have been removed and this account will no longer be able to contribute reviews and other content on Amazon. If you would like to learn more, please see our community guidelines. To contact us about this decision, please email xxxxxxx at amazon dot com." :eek:

It seems Big Tech censorship has taken hold with the billionaire Reptilian Lord of Amazon now :lmao: along with Twitter and Farcebook and Google. I told their supervisor the "cancel culture" their company supports is so good, I'm giving it back - by cancelling them and not only ending Prime, but removing all payment methods and never buying from them again even after the huge amount of money they've got over the years. Now the money flow to them stops!
Down here in Robicheaux Bayou, there is no consumer item we need bad enough to give them money that we can't get elsewhere, nor is there any Hollywood movie or show we need to see bad enough to give them money. Sometimes the only way to take a stand is by withholding money and it's pleasing to do so in the face of such antagonistic and pretentious customer abuse and censorship. :p

(The bit about "unusual reviewing activity" is pure bollocks. What does that even mean? It's Orwellian Newspeak.)

What are you reviewing that they're upset about?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Yeah, that's outrageous. I've seen people get banned from Reddit subs, not for anything they posted, but for upvoting someone else's post! If you're not allowed to vote yea or nay, what's the point of even having that voting system? Some subs get censor happy there. I saw one guy get banned from a surfing sub after he made a post to the effect of, "is this a good surf board?" It could not have been more on topic, and was not disrespectful in any way. Turns out, the mod of the surfing sub saw that the poster posted in some other sub that he didn't approve of and banned him based on that. So pathetic.

rags747

Reaction score
i ditched amazon years ago when the minimum purchase for free-shipping went up to $25.
screw that noise.
i do almost all my on-line purchases from ebay.
i did purchase from amazon the new Elvis 4CD box set...From Elvis In Nashville...covering my favorite recording session from 1970...all master takes and alternate takes were stripped of the over-dubs so you here it as it was recorded.
it was released in november.
but everything else i look to ebay.
I get free shipping on plenty of items under $25...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I never got on the Amazon bandwagon. Much of the clothing I have purchased was bootleg sourced and had to be returned due to quality issues. A gadget for my guitar showed up as an empty box. The appeal of Amazon is convenience and I just don't have time to be returning their garbage.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything from products to Prime video, both good and bad, just like everyone else does.

If you've posted a review after being "free product" via a full-price rebate... That could be it.

Or if you scope out deals via deal-clubs on Facebook... That could do it also. A lot of info sharing between FB and Amazon.

catiii

Reaction score
If you've posted a review after being "free product" via a full-price rebate... That could be it.

Or if you scope out deals via deal-clubs on Facebook... That could do it also. A lot of info sharing between FB and Amazon.
None of those.......just products I've paid for and vids either included with Prime and ones I've paid to rent. They're supposed to email me w/in 24 hours with an explanation - I'll post whatever rubbish they give me :rolleyes::D Either way I've quit the platform.

Last edited:

catiii

Reaction score
OK no resolution/explanation to the censorship yet. Here is their email response thus far....

Amazon.com
Hello,

I've issued a $30 promotional certificate to your Amazon.com account, which will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website and won't cover the purchase of gift cards, sales tax, gift wrap, or additional shipping costs.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account, but will always display at checkout when you place an order through the Shopping Cart for an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.

If you place a 1-Click order for eligible Kindle books or other digital products sold by Amazon Digital Services, the promotional funds will apply to your order automatically before another payment method is charged. The promotion will not apply to digital game and software download orders from Amazon.

For more information about promotional codes, including the terms and conditions of use and what happens when you return an order paid for with a promotional code, go to:

If you do need to contact us in the future, here's a link to our Contact Us page. We'd be more than happy to help you.http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html. We'll take each and every action to prevent you from bearing any inconvenience. It's certainly not our intention for our customer to have anything, but a pleasant experience at Amazon.com.Please be assured that we are here to take care of any issue you've encountered and ensure we resolve your concern to the fullest of your satisfaction.You can also contact us over the phone for an instant resolution.Here are our customer service phone numbers:- U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072- International: 1-206-266-2992We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.From the perspective of a service provider, Amazon would never want its loyal paying customers to experience any inconvenience while using our services.

As a representative of Amazon.com, I want to assure you that we value our customers' trust above all else--it's the foundation on which our company was built.

To request a call from our customer service department, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit http://www.amazon.com/help
2. Click the "Contact Us" button in the Customer Service box on the right side of the page.
3. Click the "Skip sign in" button.
4. Click the "Phone" tab and enter your phone number in the window that pops up.
5. Choose a time frame ("Right Now" or "In 5 minutes") and click "Submit."

We'll call you right back!Customers outside the United States can call 1-206-266-2992. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for our customers.It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects.Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide. If there is any concern you can write to us anytime you want and we will surely consider that for future improvements.Please be assured that we want to make your experience at Amazon.com as enjoyable as it can be. That includes answering any questions you might have about shopping with us.

Thank you for understanding and being patient.We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Last edited by a moderator:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of those.......just products I've paid for and vids either included with Prime and ones I've paid to rent. They're supposed to email me w/in 24 hours with an explanation - I'll post whatever rubbish they give me :rolleyes::D Either way I've quit the platform.

Hmm.

I will say they are getting tough about reviews.

They're also getting tough with folks who are chronic refunders (not saying you're one of those). They've become more aggressive about banning folks from the platform.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmm.

I will say they are getting tough about reviews.

They're also getting tough with folks who are chronic refunders (not saying you're one of those). They've become more aggressive about banning folks from the platform.
They are likely using algorithms to detect suspicious reviews because there have been countless stories of paid reviewers in recent years.

From an algorithm standpoint, there are a variety of things that could have triggered it such as ratio of positive-to-negative reviews, entering X+ reviews in a set time period, entering reviews too quickly after an order, etc.

To be clear, I am not saying any of those are things their algorithm uses, I am just saying that they could have automated triggers like that in place.

Given how many people use Amazon on a daily basis, rather than using those triggers to throw accounts into a review queue, they may automatically remove their reviews and review access, and put the onus on the account owner to contact them about it.

Since most paid reviewers, bots, etc. will likely just move on when that happens, it is quite likely that the people who contact them are legitimate buyers/reviewers so Amazon's support team would only have to focus on likely valid accounts.

cowboyec

Reaction score
That's not true. I'm a Prime member and I've made plenty of purchases under $25 and always received free shipping.
thats what i said.
its free shipping if your a prime member...no minimum purchase.
i'm not a prime member and only get free shipping if my purchase total is $25 or more.