Just cancelled Amazon Prime because of this

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Are you sure you’re not confusing eBay with Amazon. I’m not defending Amazon, but I think it’s a pretty established fact a ton of stuff on eBay is bootleg/counterfeit. I don’t see that on Amazon and my wife uses it a ton since the pandemic hit.
Have never used ebay.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yesterday I broke my favorite sunglasses, Maui Jim's. I went to Amazon and decided to read some reviews on the two models I was considering and read a couple of times about the glasses being knock offs and not the real thing and one reviewer said he contacted the company about the warranty and he was told those were not their sunglasses.

I find this hard to believe that they'd not address this with Amazon but it did influence me. I went to the Maui Jim site and ordered them.

I started doing this a few months back after the product being backordered on Amazon and I went to the company site and they had it with free shipping.

One thing a lot of companies have discovered is that Amazon is the perfect model for Amazon to develop competing products cheaper and they have all the metrics on the popularity of products. When Amazon introduces their product, it is cheaper but only for a short period of time and then they walk it up to the name brand. I saw them do this with Puppy Pads. They read the reviews about what buyers didn't like and created their own brand based of that and introduced theirs at 19.99 against 23.99. 6 months later, 23.99 but now they have me hooked on a better pad.

catiii

Reaction score
Yesterday I broke my favorite sunglasses, Maui Jim's. I went to Amazon and decided to read some reviews on the two models I was considering and read a couple of times about the glasses being knock offs and not the real thing and one reviewer said he contacted the company about the warranty and he was told those were not their sunglasses.

I find this hard to believe that they'd not address this with Amazon but it did influence me. I went to the Maui Jim site and ordered them.

I started doing this a few months back after the product being backordered on Amazon and I went to the company site and they had it with free shipping.

One thing a lot of companies have discovered is that Amazon is the perfect model for Amazon to develop competing products cheaper and they have all the metrics on the popularity of products. When Amazon introduces their product, it is cheaper but only for a short period of time and then they walk it up to the name brand. I saw them do this with Puppy Pads. They read the reviews about what buyers didn't like and created their own brand based of that and introduced theirs at 19.99 against 23.99. 6 months later, 23.99 but now they have me hooked on a better pad.
They do indeed sell knock-offs. China's biggest retail marketer in the US.

jsb357

Reaction score
I had a CC compromised twice both exactly 7 days after an Amazon purchase.

Canceled my account

catiii

Reaction score
I had a CC compromised twice both exactly 7 days after an Amazon purchase.

Canceled my account
Oddly enough I had one compromised as well!! FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE> Disc sent me a brand new card w a new number. All of their employees have access to that stuff. They tried to use it online at Saks Fifth Avenue LOLOL> Discover froze it and sent me a text to call them.

InTheZone

Reaction score
What are you reviewing that they're upset about?
Probably something that is universally liked among their group and absolutely hates when someone else provides any bit of criticism. Some customer probably reported the review because how dare they have a different opinion and amazon sided with the report and saw other reviews they didnt like. Just a wild guess, but probably not far off unfortunately.

InTheZone

Reaction score
thats what i said.
its free shipping if your a prime member...no minimum purchase.
i'm not a prime member and only get free shipping if my purchase total is $25 or more.
To be fair shipping isnt free. Most stores have a minimum purchase for "free shipping", wouldnt get too upset over this.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, that's outrageous. I've seen people get banned from Reddit subs, not for anything they posted, but for upvoting someone else's post! If you're not allowed to vote yea or nay, what's the point of even having that voting system? Some subs get censor happy there. I saw one guy get banned from a surfing sub after he made a post to the effect of, "is this a good surf board?" It could not have been more on topic, and was not disrespectful in any way. Turns out, the mod of the surfing sub saw that the poster posted in some other sub that he didn't approve of and banned him based on that. So pathetic.
As a former mod, it is incredibly hard to be objective. I kept it at the front of my mind at all times when dealing w/ issues, and it was not easy. That's one of the reasons I have a huge respect for mods. They have a job that is beyond tough, and though I won't always agree w/ their actions, I respect the actions they take.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a former mod, it is incredibly hard to be objective. I kept it at the front of my mind at all times when dealing w/ issues, and it was not easy. That's one of the reasons I have a huge respect for mods. They have a job that is beyond tough, and though I won't always agree w/ their actions, I respect the actions they take.
I'm still not sure whether the fact that 43Harris43 was around so long means you were good mods or bad mods. o_O

InTheZone

Reaction score
I've seen my share of selective mods on multiple sites and it seems mods on reddit dont even try to hide it. To those that actually do a good job, kudos.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm still not sure whether the fact that 43Harris43 was around so long means you were good mods or bad mods. o_O
Harris didn't break rules and should never have been banned. That's where the objective part rears its ugly head. He was an annoyance, not banworthy. He didn't insult or cuss or anything of that nature. He simply started crazy threads. I thought he was good for the site.

kskboys

Reaction score
I've seen my share of selective mods on multiple sites and it seems mods on reddit dont even try to hide it. To those that actually do a good job, kudos.
Many want to be a mod simply for the power trip. I own my own business, and if I was ever on a power trip, it was so long ago I don't remember it.

I took the mod job when offered for a very simple reason. Law and order is a responsibility for each and every one of us, and I considered it simply part of my duty. Mods should be picked strictly for what sort of job they will do controlling the masses. All to often they are chosen for likability or friendship, and that's why you get mods who don't/won't do much. They don't/won't take the job seriously, and all too often use the job to get back at people they don't like. Stuff like that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Harris didn't break rules and should never have been banned. That's where the objective part rears its ugly head. He was an annoyance, not banworthy. He didn't insult or cuss or anything of that nature. He simply started crazy threads. I thought he was good for the site.
I had a party with him and his always being afraid or scared and he had pretty thick skin for what he was doing. And he was really good at getting people who wanted him gone to interact with him. You guys would tell people to stop playing with him and they'd just keep it up. The flame and his moths.

I used to laugh at him starting a thread, leaving for a couple of days and returning to flaunt the responses he had gotten. If he was a guy just looking air attention, he found it. I agreed with you guys not banning him, he wasn't mean spirited. I saw real fans being nastier to other fans than anything he was doing.

A good forum is like a kaleidoscope with many changing colors. And 43Harris43 was certainly one of them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many want to be a mod simply for the power trip. I own my own business, and if I was ever on a power trip, it was so long ago I don't remember it.

I took the mod job when offered for a very simple reason. Law and order is a responsibility for each and every one of us, and I considered it simply part of my duty. Mods should be picked strictly for what sort of job they will do controlling the masses. All to often they are chosen for likability or friendship, and that's why you get mods who don't/won't do much. They don't/won't take the job seriously, and all too often use the job to get back at people they don't like. Stuff like that.
My reason for taking it was simple as well. I wanted to keep posters out of trouble and I often tried to do that on the old site, thinking that a peer might get their attention. It's too easy for people to get into the fray and not realize they're in a public place and others are having to read some of that stuff.

Most of the posters here are of the same mind that I am. I try to write to a poster what I would say in person. Too often, they get drawn into a war of words thinking there is a war face on the other poster. What if there is a look of hurt on their face?

Really gets my goat when posters have to go into a thread to criticize the OP for creating it and it is often a new member. Threads without attention expire on their own. I oughta know, I've created enough of them. LMAO, my threads that get the most legs are the ones where they can't stop telling me how dumb it is.

One concern I do have is that I might be like the HC, BA, in "North Dallas Forty". He got so into enjoying the fight, he forgot to stop it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I had a party with him and his always being afraid or scared and he had pretty thick skin for what he was doing. And he was really good at getting people who wanted him gone to interact with him. You guys would tell people to stop playing with him and they'd just keep it up. The flame and his moths.

I used to laugh at him starting a thread, leaving for a couple of days and returning to flaunt the responses he had gotten. If he was a guy just looking air attention, he found it. I agreed with you guys not banning him, he wasn't mean spirited. I saw real fans being nastier to other fans than anything he was doing.

A good forum is like a kaleidoscope with many changing colors. And 43Harris43 was certainly one of them.
I did not approve when someone banned him. I never did understand just why he was banned, but I always supported my fellow mods 100%, so I let it go.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not approve when someone banned him. I never did understand just why he was banned, but I always supported my fellow mods 100%, so I let it go.
I do think his act had worn out and worn on the Mods as well. He was building his own sub forum.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Sure, it's tough, but would you agree the dude shouldn't have been banned from a surfing forum when he was totally polite and on topic? The only thing the mod didn't like was that he posted in a different forum that he didn't like. The post on the other forum wasn't even offensive. The mod was objecting to that forum itself. It would be like someone getting banned here for posting on a 49er forum, and not even breaking their rules there.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He definitely started threads with the soul intention of angering people. I personally didn't care, but I could see it. But he was a fun whipping boy.