Just cancelled Amazon Prime because of this

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Yesterday I broke my favorite sunglasses, Maui Jim's. I went to Amazon and decided to read some reviews on the two models I was considering and read a couple of times about the glasses being knock offs and not the real thing and one reviewer said he contacted the company about the warranty and he was told those were not their sunglasses.

I find this hard to believe that they'd not address this with Amazon but it did influence me. I went to the Maui Jim site and ordered them.

I started doing this a few months back after the product being backordered on Amazon and I went to the company site and they had it with free shipping.

One thing a lot of companies have discovered is that Amazon is the perfect model for Amazon to develop competing products cheaper and they have all the metrics on the popularity of products. When Amazon introduces their product, it is cheaper but only for a short period of time and then they walk it up to the name brand. I saw them do this with Puppy Pads. They read the reviews about what buyers didn't like and created their own brand based of that and introduced theirs at 19.99 against 23.99. 6 months later, 23.99 but now they have me hooked on a better pad.

I don't remember where or when I read it. And I cannot say for sure if it was reporting or just speculation but it was about products from 3rd party sellers being mixed in with Amazon sold products. Usually only pops up in my mind when I am ordering electronic items.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Already talked to 3 humans...including a supervisor. My relationship with the Reptilian Lizard King is finished. He can go pound sand. BTW, each chat rep including the "supervisor" had names that were random letters....I am NOT Kidding...you know as if computer generated - but they were real people. This company is just plain evil. I've never encountered a company who treats the customer as an adversary! Besides the censors of twittergooglefacebookyelp but I don't use any of those. However, they demonstrate the same level of in-your-face censorship.
FYI, the Reptilian Lizard King's company is the largest outlet for Chinese goods in the United States. This company is truly Orwellian. Like talking to an unfeeling, inhuman brick wall at each point of contact. Think about that.
What was the review you left?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I've seen my share of selective mods on multiple sites and it seems mods on reddit dont even try to hide it. To those that actually do a good job, kudos.
Some of the mods getting heady with their power and abuse it.

catiii

Reaction score
I don't remember where or when I read it. And I cannot say for sure if it was reporting or just speculation but it was about products from 3rd party sellers being mixed in with Amazon sold products. Usually only pops up in my mind when I am ordering electronic items.
They sneak those in a lot even w Prime and the vast majority of third party sellers are China based with just different names. You can tell because they can't answer "question on product velly good!" You can read the broken English.

InTheZone

Reaction score
They sneak those in a lot even w Prime and the vast majority of third party sellers are China based with just different names. You can tell because they can't answer "question on product velly good!" You can read the broken English.
When I buy with prime shipping i make sure the seller is Amazon. Bought some shirts years ago and they were clearly fake, didnt make a fuss about it but I never made that mistake again. On eBay I have reported many items that I was shopping for that were clearly fake, it's ridiculous how there were more fake than legitimate items at a normal sale price...ended up giving up and going to walmart instead so I wasnt dealing with the hassle of shipping and a potential return.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
When I buy with prime shipping i make sure the seller is Amazon. Bought some shirts years ago and they were clearly fake, didnt make a fuss about it but I never made that mistake again. On eBay I have reported many items that I was shopping for that were clearly fake, it's ridiculous how there were more fake than legitimate items at a normal sale price...ended up giving up and going to walmart instead so I wasnt dealing with the hassle of shipping and a potential return.

I try and only get sold by Amazon products just to be sure. I have picked up a few things that were just fulfilled by Amazon but not had a problem. Those were mostly not name brand stuff anyway so wasn't too concerned. I got a counterfeit DVD on eBay once. Outside packaging was fine but the DVD was almost see through. It played fine but if anyone tried to copy VHS tapes back in the 80's and got that light to dark to light to dark image brightness would know what I was looking at. It wasn't too pronounced in bright scenes but dark scenes you could really see it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I try and only get sold by Amazon products just to be sure. I have picked up a few things that were just fulfilled by Amazon but not had a problem. Those were mostly not name brand stuff anyway so wasn't too concerned. I got a counterfeit DVD on eBay once. Outside packaging was fine but the DVD was almost see through. It played fine but if anyone tried to copy VHS tapes back in the 80's and got that light to dark to light to dark image brightness would know what I was looking at. It wasn't too pronounced in bright scenes but dark scenes you could really see it.
Sounds like the DVD wasn't compatible with your player. Never seen that happen with an original disc.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Prime pays for itself for us.

Yes, big tech has gone completely overboard creepy in how they control ....well, almost everything.
We are certainly living in an Orwellian world right now.
More powerful, by far, than most countries.

But I still use them...lol
Netflix, Amazon, Roku, YouTube TV....I use them all.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm still not sure whether the fact that 43Harris43 was around so long means you were good mods or bad mods. o_O

Oooh man, I totally forgot about that guy. There's only one guy on this site that rivals 43Harris43's troll nature.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I canceled my Amazon Prime as well along with Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about a month ago.

I am done supporting big tech monopolies.