Just cancelled Amazon Prime because of this

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Logged in to Prime today and saw this banner---

"We apologize but Amazon has noticed some unusual reviewing activity on this account. As a result, all reviews submitted by this account have been removed and this account will no longer be able to contribute reviews and other content on Amazon. If you would like to learn more, please see our community guidelines. To contact us about this decision, please email xxxxxxx at amazon dot com." :eek:

It seems Big Tech censorship has taken hold with the billionaire Reptilian Lord of Amazon now :lmao: along with Twitter and Farcebook and Google. I told their supervisor the "cancel culture" their company supports is so good, I'm giving it back - by cancelling them and not only ending Prime, but removing all payment methods and never buying from them again even after the huge amount of money they've got over the years. Now the money flow to them stops!
Down here in Robicheaux Bayou, there is no consumer item we need bad enough to give them money that we can't get elsewhere, nor is there any Hollywood movie or show we need to see bad enough to give them money. Sometimes the only way to take a stand is by withholding money and it's pleasing to do so in the face of such antagonistic and pretentious customer abuse and censorship. :p

(The bit about "unusual reviewing activity" is pure bollocks. What does that even mean? It's Orwellian Newspeak.)

Merry Christmas :D :popcorn:

Have you posted on the thread what your actual review said?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've noticed a lot of my recent purchases have enticed me to give a good review in exchange for an Amazon gift card. I find that pretty shady because most of my purchase decisions come down to the ratings. I try to read between the lines on the ratings to get the real "feel" to determine if the ratings reflect the actual quality of the item.

catiii

Reaction score
Have you posted on the thread what your actual review said?
No because I'd posted too many. They said finally it was about "suspicious" logins from "several other countries." (ONE other country in reality and why would that be "suspicious"? People do travel right?) And they are reinstating the account. But - it's a day late and a dollar short. I don't like the heavy-handed way they pushed me aside and now, I've got an even much larger reason not to use them anymore, but I can't mention that reason on this forum. Let's just say the Reptilian Lizard King won't get anymore of my money. :D (Hint: I've also uninstalled Mozilla Firefox.) ;)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've noticed a lot of my recent purchases have enticed me to give a good review in exchange for an Amazon gift card. I find that pretty shady because most of my purchase decisions come down to the ratings. I try to read between the lines on the ratings to get the real "feel" to determine if the ratings reflect the actual quality of the item.
I don't trust the reviews on any site because of that. Unless I see responses and resolutions to dissatisfied customers posted.

I got an email from one company than I gave a 1 star review on to entice me to delete it. I wonder how many people responded to that? I don't give reviews anymore, I contact the company and try and work it out with them and that works 99% of the time. Companies make mistakes just like people do.

There is another side to this as well. Years ago I saw this interview with this woman and why she was doing it was puzzling because she'd blown her cover. She was a chronic complainer to companies and even admitted not even buying the products from some of them. As the camera backed off the close up, her garage came into view. It was floor to ceiling with cases of goods. There had to be 10 cases of Campbells soups. Cases of cereal. It was crazy, looked like the stock room at a supermarket. The only thing I could come up with is they caught up to her. She didn't see consolidation coming and the records being available and cut her off.