Twitter: Just curious, who gets credit for this?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nonsense. Jimmy did not want to honor his contract but wanted to keep the money so he started insulting Jerry to anyone and everywhere available to try and get fired. Jerry ignored it for a week but then it became too much.

Why was Jimmy butthurt? Because Jerry got credit for the Thomas Everett trade after Bobby Beathard recommended him to Jerry.

You have your story completely backwards.

Good grief, we still have Jerry apologists after 20+ years of nothing. :rolleyes:

My story is fine. Your rationalization seems to make you feel better, but it doesn't change a quarter century of facts.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Well, um. Typically, your Director of Pro Player Personnel, that's Stephen, keeps track of who fits your teams and who might be available in trade. Once the General Manager, that'd be Jerry, identifies a need, he would consult the DoPPP to see who fits the need AND might be available. Then the GM attempts to swing a deal.

So unless either of these two men are delegating out their jobs, unlikely as that may be, the answer is Stephen and Jerry.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Put Bennett next to tank or quinn and that will create a serious blocking problem for an o-line. Who you gonna double?
Yep. What I like about adding Bennett is that he is a very proficient technician, when it comes to the pass rush. Some guys just have a knack for getting to the QB. Even being a little older he does it very well.

Bennett actually reminds me a good bit of DeMarcus Lawrence. Similar play style and build. Those two rushing from the same side should create some issues for the offense. It’ll have to be on certain passing situations, odviously. Bennett is very good against the run... from a DE position. Not as a DT.

Quinn, plays a much different style, all speed and bend. It compliments nicely what Lawrence and Bennett bring to the table.

I’m really excited about the Bennett addition.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, it was all about enormous Egos, Jerry won.

Jerry won? :huh:

Define victory.

Take your time. It's not as if Jerry's Cowboys will still be playing football in late January, much less February.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another thread has the Fan quoting Stephen as saying the Bennett trade came about pretty quick. Sounds like maybe somebody in NE called Dallas.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
They all do, especially McClay. Acquiring talent hasn’t been the issue outside of some whiffs along the defensive line, but they’ve covered those with a few savvy trades and midtier free agent acquisition. Safety isn’t great, but no team is loaded at every position. The issue has been consistency.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well, um. Typically, your Director of Pro Player Personnel, that's Stephen, keeps track of who fits your teams and who might be available in trade. Once the General Manager, that'd be Jerry, identifies a need, he would consult the DoPPP to see who fits the need AND might be available. Then the GM attempts to swing a deal.

So unless either of these two men are delegating out their jobs, unlikely as that may be, the answer is Stephen and Jerry.

Indeed. Pray tell, what have these two geniuses won in the 21st century? :rolleyes:

cern

Reaction score
Yep. What I like about adding Bennett is that he is a very proficient technician, when it comes to the pass rush. Some guys just have a knack for getting to the QB. Even being a little older he does it very well.

Bennett actually reminds me a good bit of DeMarcus Lawrence. Similar play style and build. Those two rushing from the same side should create some issues for the offense. It’ll have to be on certain passing situations, odviously. Bennett is very good against the run... from a DE position. Not as a DT.

Quinn, plays a much different style, all speed and bend. It compliments nicely what Lawrence and Bennett bring to the table.

I’m really excited about the Bennett addition.
I'm there. Looking forward to his first game.

cern

Reaction score
Indeed. Pray tell, what have these two geniuses won in the 21st century? :rolleyes:
Stephen is much sharper than Jerry when it comes to player acquisition and salary cap management. The apple fell far from the tree. He doesn't have the ego, and he's not impressed with flashy players.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry won? :huh:

Define victory.

Take your time. It's not as if Jerry's Cowboys will still be playing football in late January, much less February.
Jerry will always win, he is the owner.

leeblair

Reaction score
Jerry (GM), Stephen, McClay, Garrett, Marinelli?

Jerry's ALWAYS been a shrewd GM and deserves credit for the way he has run the draft and free agency.
It's his desire to coach, coupled with his grandfatherly delusions about Jason Garrett and a few of his players that keep him from winning.
The decision to keep Jason Garrett past the collapse of 2007 has cost the Cowboys a minimum of two more Super Bowl wins.
He's had the talent. He's had the most powerful offensive line on two separate stretches(2007-2010, 2014-2016);
Yet his failure to to hire a real head coach has cost him tens of millions of dollars in wasted talent and cost the team and the fans 12 years of humiliation.
It doesn't matter how much talent you have if there's no one there on the sidelines to put them together.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Stephen is much sharper than Jerry when it comes to player acquisition and salary cap management. The apple fell far from the tree. He doesn't have the ego, and he's not impressed with flashy players.

Keep telling yourself that. I get the need to want to believe things will be different, but I'm a results man. I believe it when I see it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares?

Jerry's ego-driven desire to "get credit" got Jimmy shoved out the door when we could've seen an unprecedented dynasty, a leftover SB win for Barry the joke Switzer, and 20+ years of nothing.

Let me know when these moves actually win something.
This....^^^^
When this team actually wins two playoff games in a row for the first time since the ‘95 season, then we can discuss “credit”.