Just got home from the game...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;1259997 said:
I'm reading some of the threads and it appears people were down on Romo. Maybe it appeared differently on television, but in person it looked like he had an incredible day. He had the INT in the endzone, but TO simply gave up on the ball. Yes, it was a bad throw, but my god he had so many incredible plays in that game. That was perhaps his most impressive performance in my opinion.

What's the deal? Did it look that much different on television?

I'll post more thoughts on the game tomorrow, because tonight I'm exhausted. Drove for about 8+ hours today.

Romo had a bad game, but he isnt the sole reason we lost, or even the main reason...

the defense was atrocious and the OL failed us again...not only was the pass protection bad, but the run blocking was garbage...everybody in the league has run all over the Colts, Saints and Eagles this year...everyone basically except us

on Romo, he had alot of pretty bad throws...he threw two awful ints, one that clearly cost us any chance we had of getting back in the game...he threw alot of high flutter looking balls too...some of it was definitely the Eagles pass rush and coverages, he was confused...but some of it appeared to be poor mechanics too

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1260659 said:
Romo had a bad game, but he isnt the sole reason we lost, or even the main reason...

the defense was atrocious and the OL failed us again...not only was the pass protection bad, but the run blocking was garbage...everybody in the league has run all over the Colts, Saints and Eagles this year...everyone basically except us

on Romo, he had alot of pretty bad throws...he threw two awful ints, one that clearly cost us any chance we had of getting back in the game...he threw alot of high flutter looking balls too...some of it was definitely the Eagles pass rush and coverages, he was confused...but some of it appeared to be poor mechanics too

David
He had a bad 4th quarter. He had an incredible first 3 quarters. The guy was running for his life and was making ridiculous plays.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;1260671 said:
He had a bad 4th quarter. He had an incredible first 3 quarters. The guy was running for his life and was making ridiculous plays.

I wouldnt categorize anybody's play at any time in yesterdays game as "incredible"

again, people shouldnt be down on Romo though...he had a bad game, but had the defense and OL stepped it up, he might have fared alot better...I am not worried about him, I think he's the long term answer at QB...I do think he might be better off in a little different system though...a new HC and coaching staff would have to decide that obviously

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1260683 said:
I wouldnt categorize anybody's play at any time in yesterdays game as "incredible"

again, people shouldnt be down on Romo though...he had a bad game, but had the defense and OL stepped it up, he might have fared alot better...I am not worried about him, I think he's the long term answer at QB...I do think he might be better off in a little different system though...a new HC and coaching staff would have to decide that obviously

David
Sorry. People can call me a homer, or a Romo apologist or whatever, but he made some incredible plays yesterday. He was the only bright spot on the team.

ddh33

Reaction score
This is what happens to every single QB in the NFL when they start to see that they have to win the game. Deep down, Romo knew that defense wasn't stopping the Eagles. The only chance Dallas had was to outscore them. Romo tried. It just didn't work out.

And I don't care to read a bunch of stats because every single one of us saw that Dallas was having a miserable time stopping the Eagles. Romo just overcompensated and ended up forcing some things. I wish he had more help.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
ddh33;1261358 said:
This is what happens to every single QB in the NFL when they start to see that they have to win the game. Deep down, Romo knew that defense wasn't stopping the Eagles. The only chance Dallas had was to outscore them. Romo tried. It just didn't work out.

And I don't care to read a bunch of stats because every single one of us saw that Dallas was having a miserable time stopping the Eagles. Romo just overcompensated and ended up forcing some things. I wish he had more help.

Agree.

OGT was right.

Romo played well and people must overlook the stats and look at what really happened.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
theogt;1260671 said:
93.1 rating over the first three quarters.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
percyhoward;1261509 said:
93.1 rating over the first three quarters.

Good stat.

4th quarter Romo knew he had to take some chances.

We were down 16 points and he tried to get things going.

I dont blame him for his performance one bit.

utrunner07

Reaction score
irvin88;1260012 said:
He short-circuited the next four drives with two sacks, then two interceptions. He finished 14-of-29 for a season-low 142 yards.

Yeah it had nothing to do with the high snap, 2 false starts, and 2 key drops...it was all Romo...(sarcasm off)

Smith22

Reaction score
The game is won or lost in the trenches. We lost the battle again just like the Saints game.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ddh33;1261358 said:

Holy cow, a post that makes sense. You can lump Parcells in knowing we needed to score a ton too. Thats why we went for it on fourth down and why he never even thought FG. I didn't like the play calling at the goal line, but Barber has been money from there.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
THUMPER;1260003 said:
I didn't think Romo had a bad game at all considering he had no running game and no time to throw.

Wasn't Bledsoe criticized when he had bad games despite no running game and no time to throw?

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1260671 said:
Let's be completely fair here. The game isn't three quarters long. Yes, he played well early, and made some palys that made my jaw drop, like avoiding that one sack early. But he can be criticized. The game was in reach, he pressed, and ***** it up for us. He's a young guy. There'll be more times the same thing happens. How many times did Bledsoe have us in position to win through three quarters, and the defense pissed it away, kicking game, bad INT going back the other way? And he got murdered for that.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
superpunk;1262000 said:
Let's be completely fair here. The game isn't three quarters long. Yes, he played well early, and made some palys that made my jaw drop, like avoiding that one sack early. But he can be criticized. The game was in reach, he pressed, and ***** it up for us. He's a young guy. There'll be more times the same thing happens. How many times did Bledsoe have us in position to win through three quarters, and the defense pissed it away, kicking game, bad INT going back the other way? And he got murdered for that.

Bledsoe had how many games under his belt?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1262000 said:
The difference is that Bledsoe never made plays like Tony did yesterday. The only reason it was even close in the 4th quarter was because of Tony.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1262003 said:
The difference is that Bledsoe never made plays like Tony did yesterday.

I never said he did. They've both cost us games, though. The difference in reaction is stunning.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The team is obviously better off with Romo at the helm than Bledsoe but had it been Bledsoe throwing that INT to Dawkins or Shepherd, overthrowing guys, underthrowing guys, taking "unnecessary" sacks, there would have been 500 threads ripping him.

Romo wasn't the only reason we lost yesterday but he needs to take his blame. Hopefully, Underwood was a soft pillow for him to cry on last night.