Just got home from the game...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1262009 said:
The team is obviously better off with Romo at the helm than Bledsoe but had it been Bledsoe throwing that INT to Dawkins or Shepherd, overthrowing guys, underthrowing guys, taking "unnecessary" sacks, there would have been 500 threads ripping him.

Romo wasn't the only reason we lost yesterday but he needs to take his blame. Hopefully, Underwood was a soft pillow for him to cry on last night.
Would the team even have been in a position to win with Bledsoe at helm? Just about every big play by Romo would have been a sack by Bledsoe. That high snap? Please, there's two points for Philly.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
theogt;1262012 said:
Would the team even have been in a position to win with Bledsoe at helm? Just about every big play by Romo would have been a sack by Bledsoe. That high snap? Please, there's two points for Philly.

Can you read? I stated we were better off with your boy Romo didn't I? However, the absolve him of any blame for yesterday is simply being blind.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
superpunk;1262004 said:
Bad football is bad football.

Yeah, A first year starter has no business making mistakes next to mosses himself. Bledsoe would have been sacked 99% of the time yesterday, so I guess he wouldn't have had the opportunity to make mistakes.:D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1262008 said:
I never said he did. They've both cost us games, though. The difference in reaction is stunning.
Not really. It's a very different situation. With Romo he was asked to carry the team for 4 quarters. He did it for 3 quarters and nearly succeeded.

We wouldn't have even been in the game with Bledsoe. The games we were in and he threw late INTs we were in IN SPITE of Bledsoe, not because of him.

cowboys19

Reaction score
superpunk;1262000 said:
Let's be completely fair here. The game isn't three quarters long. Yes, he played well early, and made some palys that made my jaw drop, like avoiding that one sack early. But he can be criticized. The game was in reach, he pressed, and ***** it up for us. He's a young guy. There'll be more times the same thing happens. How many times did Bledsoe have us in position to win through three quarters, and the defense pissed it away, kicking game, bad INT going back the other way? And he got murdered for that.

yeah he ***** it up for us when the playcalling in the 2nd half was :rolleyes:

5 rushes
22 passes
2 false starts

not many qbs can win with that playcalling

maxsports

Reaction score
The word incredible and Romo do not belong together!!! I thought Romo looked horrible. I was at the game. I thought he looked like a rookie which he has every right to. Many balls were thrown poorly. Over thrown.. He had a few nice throws, but he is not good under pressure. Keeping him in the pocket is the way to beat the Dallas Cowboys. Now saying all that, it doesn't mean much. It is his first year. I do have doubts that he is our future, but wait and see. His early success has put him in a tough situation.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
maxsports;1262078 said:
The word incredible and Romo do not belong together!!! I thought Romo looked horrible. I was at the game. I thought he looked like a rookie which he has every right to. Many balls were thrown poorly. Over thrown.. He had a few nice throws, but he is not good under pressure. Keeping him in the pocket is the way to beat the Dallas Cowboys. Now saying all that, it doesn't mean much. It is his first year. I do have doubts that he is our future, but wait and see. His early success has put him in a tough situation.
Actually, all his good throws were when he was under pressure or was running outside of the pocket. His bad throws were inside the pocket without pressure. Were you drunk at the game or did you just not pay attention?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I was so impressed by Romo I actually wanted Drew in there to try and give us a spark.

Seriously, Romo looked like a backup QB that hasn't played in 4 years. He's a rookie for all intense and purposes. The league has caught up to his strengths, and are exploiting his weaknesses.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
cowboys19;1262030 said:
yeah he ***** it up for us when the playcalling in the 2nd half was :rolleyes:

5 rushes
22 passes
2 false starts

not many qbs can win with that playcalling
none

McNabb.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Blue&Silver;1262121 said:
I was so impressed by Romo I actually wanted Drew in there to try and give us a spark.

Seriously, Romo looked like a backup QB that hasn't played in 4 years. He's a rookie for all intense and purposes. The league has caught up to his strengths, and are exploiting his weaknesses.

The hate continues...

The guy was under fire all game and evades many rushes and made play with his legs.

He was our most successful "running" back in the game.

If it wasnt for such poor blocking and drop after drop and even the poor play of the defense these threads wouldnt even be on here.

If he played like a rookie how do you explain a 93 rating in 3 quarters of play?

This is getting really ridiculous.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;1262087 said:
Actually, all his good throws were when he was under pressure or was running outside of the pocket. His bad throws were inside the pocket without pressure. Were you drunk at the game or did you just not pay attention?

He did say in his post that the way to beat the Cowboys was to keep him in the pocket...

And BTW, I think Romo is way down the list of things to blame for this loss. The defense was the problem. It felt like the Iggs were going to score on every possession.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1262142 said:
He did say in his post that the way to beat the Cowboys was to keep him in the pocket...

And BTW, I think Romo is way down the list of things to blame for this loss. The defense was the problem. It felt like the Iggs were going to score on every possession.

I agree.

It was the defense aside from drop passes and terrible goal line play calling.

I still have no idea why people are blaming Romo.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Probably for the same reason Bledsoe was blamed for his INTs against the Eagles in October. When a QB wins he gets far too much credit and when he loses, he gets far too much blame.

Still, his two atrocious throws in the 4th cost us any chance of coming back.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It seems like Romo has indeed reached the status of "untouchable" and "free from criticism".

The entire team played horrible, including Anthony Ramiro Romo. He made some plays and he made some bad plays, but overall, he had what Hall of Fame Coach Madden said, "A little bump in the road".

Romo is not a finished product and is not even a Franchise Quarterback, it is his first year starting, so I dont know why people are surprised if he had a so-so or lackluster game and I am mystified as to why noone ever wants to say the guy had a bad game.

I dont think he played too great and saw him miss on two or three occassion and looked like he was ansy in the pocket.

He will get the praise when it is deserved and he will definately get criticized when he deserves some of it.

Dude is a work in progress, I dont know how many times Parcells has to tell people that.

- Mike G.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1262153 said:
Probably for the same reason Bledsoe was blamed for his INTs against the Eagles in October. When a QB wins he gets far too much credit and when he loses, he gets far too much blame.

Still, his two atrocious throws in the 4th cost us any chance of coming back.

1st INT - Poor decision throwing it. Why couldnt TO make any attempt at breaking it up?

2nd INT - 6 minutes left and we are down 16. We need 2 TDs, 2-2pointers, and an onside kick recovery OR a defensive stop (which we obviously couldnt do all game).

The game was finished. Romo had to take risks and push the ball downfield. He tried to squeeze one and it gets picked. It no way lost us the game. A QB can no be asked to single-handly come back from 16 in 6 minutes.

Stop blaming Romo.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
smarta5150;1262163 said:
1st INT - Poor decision throwing it. Why couldnt TO make any attempt at breaking it up?

2nd INT - 6 minutes left and we are down 16. We need 2 TDs, 2-2pointers, and an onside kick recovery OR a defensive stop (which we obviously couldnt do all game).

The game was finished. Romo had to take risks and push the ball downfield. He tried to squeeze one and it gets picked. It no way lost us the game. A QB can no be asked to single-handly come back from 16 in 6 minutes.

Stop blaming Romo.

I said those throws cost us any chance of coming back, whether we would have or not is irrelevant.

so he throws it 10 yards past any receiver and it isn't his fault?

On the Owens throw, it was still a horrbile throw, don't try and excuse Romo's bad throw by saying Owens didn't try to break it up.

You know it is ok to criticize the boy wonder.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1262142 said:

Eh...he meant keeping him inside the pocket and still getting pressure. In other words, collapsing the pocket, but not allowing him to get outside.

It seems silly to say that the key to beating a QB is to keep him inside the pocket and not get pressure. If that's what the poster was trying to say, then maybe's he's drunk now.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Romo had a number of bad throws and bad decisions. It definitely wasn't one of his better games. He made a few plays (the fourth-down flip to Crayton, the pass to Witten on the bad snap), but those don't erase all of the mistakes and errant throws. Along with about 30 other players, he was one of the guys who didn't play well yesterday.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1262169 said:
I said those throws cost us any chance of coming back, whether we would have or not is irrelevant.

so he throws it 10 yards past any receiver and it isn't his fault?

On the Owens throw, it was still a horrbile throw, don't try and excuse Romo's bad throw by saying Owens didn't try to break it up.

You know it is ok to criticize the boy wonder.

I did.

After the Saints game when he actually deserved it.

People criticizing him brought it upon themselves by hyping him up so much in their heads and not realizing he has virtually ZERO experiece.

People that are attacking his "comeback" attempt are those who made up in their minds that this guy is a God.

The point of it all is we were down 16 points with 6 minutes.

If he just had the 1 INT would people still attack him today?

Tom Brady threw stupid INTs against the Colts but does that take away anything he has done before?

QBs are gonna make a bad pass, a mental error and so forth.

Eli Manning threw ill-advised passes on game winning drives, so did Drew Bledsoe.

The difference is that Romo threw the same kind of pass down 16 points.

If we were driving for a game winning FG he would have probably threw the ball away. We didnt have that kind of time tho being down by 16.

Whatever though.. I can see people are looking at the bottom line, that being stats, and making assumptions off those and those alone.

Too bad this is a situational game and not just some fantasy football league.