Just how badly does Jerry want another Lombardi?

1942willys

Reaction score
As we watch this offseason churn, I think the answer to that question would explain all.

with the Grim Reaper in his rear view mirror steadily getting bigger and bigger, just how important is another trophy to Jerry before he kicks off?

Now maybe Jerry thinks he has got another ten years or so and its not that big a deal but it still will show what his priority truly is.

My opinion is that there are two possible answers: one he really does not desperately want another and two he does but is just out to lunch on how to do it.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
As we watch this offseason churn, I think the answer to that question would explain all.

with the Grim Reaper in his rear view mirror steadily getting bigger and bigger, just how important is another trophy to Jerry before he kicks off?

Now maybe Jerry thinks he has got another ten years or so and its not that big a deal but it still will show what his priority truly is.

My opinion is that there are two possible answers: one he really does not desperately want another and two he does but is just out to lunch on how to do it.
By making little to no changes to the team, staff or roster. I would say he could give 2 ####s about the team

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just how badly does Jerry want another Lombardi?​

Extremely but @davey999 already explained why he is a living contradiction in commonsense. Narcissism is a terrible drug.

Bagman

Reaction score
If by "Lombardi" you are referring to a new brand of whiskey, Jerry wants it really bad. If you are referring to committing yourself 18-20 hrs a day to grinding the phones, making trades, stockpiling draft picks......NO. Jerry doesn't want to do any of that.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
He doesn't he will leverage any immediate success for long term relevancy. And it works he makes more money this way rather than going in peaks and valleys.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Very little, as long as people are talking about the Cowboys, he views his job performance as successful.

shabazz

Reaction score
Honestly, who knows. His actions tell me he's not wanting another one that badly. But, in his mind, who knows what's turning in there!! LOL
I believe he does want another Lombardi. I also believe that he's finally listening to an adviser that made him understand that the status quo isn't working

Watch his actions and don't listen to his words. A soft methodical rebuild is happening and this season is about shedding players, coaches and contracts that aren't conducive to playoff sucess

Hallelujah, Holla back.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bad real BAD............he just doesn't have the Football GM skills to get another one.
P.S. Plus he's unlucky sold his soul to the devil to get his last one in 95.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Not bad enough to relinquish control.
Jimmy and Parcells showed what can be done with the right culture and knowledge.
Sadly, Jerry just does not have the proper skill set.