Just how badly does Jerry want another Lombardi?

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
He wants another, but only if he gets all the credit and he’s the only one the media is talking about.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I feel Jerry'd like to win a Lombardi, but he's unwilling to pay the cost to get one.
I feel certain Stephen is even tighter! :omg:They simply favor their profit margin.

Last edited:

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That old fool could care less. He sees the money coming in and that is what matters. Would be okay if he never saw one again.

MikeT22

Reaction score
When Jerry won his 3rd, Barry said, "We did it your way baby." That's all Jerry cares about. If it isn't his way then he doesn't want one.
Yeah, and won the 3rd with most of Jimmy's players and staff. Didn't take too long after that before most of Jimmys guys were gone or aging and Jerry's way full took effect.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
As we watch this offseason churn, I think the answer to that question would explain all.

with the Grim Reaper in his rear view mirror steadily getting bigger and bigger, just how important is another trophy to Jerry before he kicks off?

Now maybe Jerry thinks he has got another ten years or so and its not that big a deal but it still will show what his priority truly is.

My opinion is that there are two possible answers: one he really does not desperately want another and two he does but is just out to lunch on how to do it.
Easy answer. Stephen runs the show now.

chuck520

Reaction score
He doesn't he will leverage any immediate success for long term relevancy. And it works he makes more money this way rather than going in peaks and valleys.
ironically the team is becoming more irrelevant because of that. The Younger generations are not Cowboys fans and if so are too embarassed to admit it. The Boomers and Xers remember the great years and continue to believe in that even though its long gone.

kskboys

Reaction score
As we watch this offseason churn, I think the answer to that question would explain all.

with the Grim Reaper in his rear view mirror steadily getting bigger and bigger, just how important is another trophy to Jerry before he kicks off?

Now maybe Jerry thinks he has got another ten years or so and its not that big a deal but it still will show what his priority truly is.

My opinion is that there are two possible answers: one he really does not desperately want another and two he does but is just out to lunch on how to do it.
Oh, he knows. He's just not interested in doing what he needs to do. Which means, no, he's not interested in winning. However, he is all in on self-aggrandizement.

Sydla

Reaction score
Honestly, sometimes I wonder if God came down from heaven and gave Jerry the option of a guaranteed SB win before he died but it can only be if he hires a real GM or he can stay at GM and never win another one, he'd take the latter thinking he's smarter than God, and he'll show him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Honestly, sometimes I wonder if God came down from heaven and gave Jerry the option of a guaranteed SB win before he died but it can only be if he hires a real GM or he can stay at GM and never win another one, he'd take the latter thinking he's smarter than God, and he'll show him.
I honestly do not believe he'd take that option.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I think Jerry lost the passion for another super bowl on 1-28-1996, right after super bowl 30. It was just two years removed from his falling out with Jimmy, and Jerry was somehow able to luck into another championship, albeit with a roster of mostly Jimmy's guys. The unfortunate thing for us fans is it was Jerry's way of proving to the world he could do it without Jimmy, kind of, and the passion for another ring died that day.

If Jerry hadn't lucked into another Lombardi so quickly after Jimmy's departure the franchise might be totally different now.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
They don't care about anything other than making money. The whole "Jerry wants to win badly, but HIS way" thing is false. If he truly wanted to win, he wouldn't let training camp be a giant spectacle (distraction), he wouldn't let tours and media be present during practices, he wouldn't be releasing the draft board or talking about their targets before the draft, and he wouldn't be poking the bear (Goodell). There are more examples, but you get it. I e hung out and drank beers with Todd Daniels, and he alluded to the same thing.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Ok, read this slowly, what is the very best way to create money and value in the NFL? Win the Super Bowl.
The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world and it's been 28 years since they won a SB. Read this part slowly............. Jerry does not need to win a SB to make mountains of money with the Dallas Cowboys.

Eddie

Reaction score
He desperately wants to win another SB ... but under his conditions.

It's like a child trying to win a relay race against adults.