Just how badly does Jerry want another Lombardi?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
As we watch this offseason churn, I think the answer to that question would explain all.

with the Grim Reaper in his rear view mirror steadily getting bigger and bigger, just how important is another trophy to Jerry before he kicks off?

Now maybe Jerry thinks he has got another ten years or so and its not that big a deal but it still will show what his priority truly is.

My opinion is that there are two possible answers: one he really does not desperately want another and two he does but is just out to lunch on how to do it.
I think he wants one pretty badly. He just wants it his way, and he is making sure others in his team are on the wagon.

The real question is does the Dallas Cowboys team have the right formula to win a SuperBowl?

Jerry wants a SuperBowl. Did he set up the right organization and the right decision making process to attain that?

LysleE

Reaction score
While Jerry claims to anybody who will listen that he desperately wants to win another Super Bowl, his actions speak otherwise.

Just another billionaire blowhard with delusions of grandeur…

MS17

Reaction score
It's not that complicated. Jerry's motivation to make money is higher than his motivation to win a SB.
Bingo.
I think Jerruh would tell you winning a SB is "his heart's desire." As long as his balance sheets are healthy and his chief financial officer keeps smiling, he has what he wants. All of us learned long ago you can't trust anything the man says.

Mr_437

Reaction score
About as bad as someone wants to mow their lawn, but already hired someone to do it for them.

bandfan

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world and it's been 28 years since they won a SB. Read this part slowly............. Jerry does not need to win a SB to make mountains of money with the Dallas Cowboys.
Ok, read even slower, Jerry is a businessman, The Dallas Cowboys are a successful business. Successful businessmen don't say to themselves, I'm successful enough, simply isn't going to happen. That is a very large part of why some business's make it and some don't. To simply say he doesn't care about winning goes against every narrative you want to offer.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Ok, read even slower, Jerry is a businessman, The Dallas Cowboys are a successful business. Successful businessmen don't say to themselves, I'm successful enough, simply isn't going to happen. That is a very large part of why some business's make it and some don't. To simply say he doesn't care about winning goes against every narrative you want to offer.
He doesn’t care enough to hire a real GM or HC who may overshadow him.

kskboys

Reaction score
He desperately wants to win another SB ... but under his conditions.

It's like a child trying to win a relay race against adults.
No, not desperately. Since he knows he's a bad GM and won't change it, winning a SB is not all that important to him.

kskboys

Reaction score
He knows he's a bad GM but insists on retaining the position. Putting someone in charge that you know is bad shows winning is far from his top priority.