Just how weak our schedule has been to this point

Jipper

Reaction score
Exactly!

They had an easier stretch of their schedule recently to beat up on bad teams, which they did.

Happy for that.

But now comes the real test of whether or not they’re a ‘good team’ or a ‘great team’.

Well get our answers over these ext 6 games.
I truly hope that we see something different this year...honestly it just feels like were stuck in the pergitory that we had back in the early 2010's when we had 3 years in a row where we had a play in to the playoffs game that we lost...

A win against Seattle and the mini bye going into philly's trip to dallas and it will all be set in front of them....should they go 2-0 over the next 1.5 weeks then this team will be poised to make a run at the NFCE title and possibly multiple home games as the 1 seed....need a little help tonight from SF to beat Philly and then we need to take care of our business....but the path is there and its clear.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly hope that we see something different this year...honestly it just feels like were stuck in the pergitory that we had back in the early 2010's when we had 3 years in a row where we had a play in to the playoffs game that we lost...

A win against Seattle and the mini bye going into philly's trip to dallas and it will all be set in front of them....should they go 2-0 over the next 1.5 weeks then this team will be poised to make a run at the NFCE title and possibly multiple home games as the 1 seed....need a little help tonight from SF to beat Philly and then we need to take care of our business....but the path is there and its clear.
I hope so as well. They’ve beaten up on bad teams while losing to great ones for what feels like years now.

The hoped for ‘ascension’ has been a long time coming.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
But starting now, we play the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL. So it evens out. We can see if it's a puff piece win record.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think it's that, I think it's that people have just hit a breaking point in frustration with the narrative- very hard to be excited about regular season wins when they are only against bad to mediocre teams.

Should we win the next couple of games you will see fans start to believe again, unfortunately should we start to see losses against the better competition then you are going to see the continued frustration.
This ^^^^^^^^

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Beating the dog out of bad teams is a hallmark of really good teams in the NFL.
There just happened to be a lot of bad teams, so every good team has beaten plenty.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The overreaction when the schedule comes out every year absolutely cracks me up.
100% agree. No one…absolutely no one knows which teams are going to be the toughest year to year. Predicting wins and losses months before the season starts is like predicting what days it’s going to rain months in advance.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it's that, I think it's that people have just hit a breaking point in frustration with the narrative- very hard to be excited about regular season wins when they are only against bad to mediocre teams.

Should we win the next couple of games you will see fans start to believe again, unfortunately should we start to see losses against the better competition then you are going to see the continued frustration.
Well said Jip. I agree.

We have a large portion of fans here on our forum who have been wounded so many times by the disappointment and frustration of the last three decades, it’s hard for them to get excited until something new happens!

Until this team wins a divisional playoff game and gets to at least an NFC championship game, for many- maybe even most fans here - won’t get excited or “believe” until that happens. Our owner is a master salesman and his hype has become tiresome until this team deserves the hype. And I understand that.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well said Jip. I agree.

We have a large portion of fans here on our forum who have been wounded so many times by the disappointment and frustration of the last three decades, it’s hard for them to get excited until something new happens!

Until this team wins a divisional playoff game and gets to at least an NFC championship game, for many- maybe even most fans here - won’t get excited or “believe” until that happens. Our owner is a master salesman and his hype has become tiresome until this team deserves the hype. And I understand that.
for sure Bob and its frankly sad because for many fans, its going to be hard for them to enjoy some of these great moments in season until a divisional round win happens - I know I am 100% one of them. I should have been floored and over the moon on Thanksgiving, but all I felt was thankful they didn't lose and worried about the next loss.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
for sure Bob and its frankly sad because for many fans, its going to be hard for them to enjoy some of these great moments in season until a divisional round win happens - I know I am 100% one of them. I should have been floored and over the moon on Thanksgiving, but all I felt was thankful they didn't lose and worried about the next loss.
That is the experience of a ton of Cowboys fans. I enjoy every game, especially the wins. And I believe every fan has the right to experience the season and every game however they choose. I’m a Cowboys fan either way.

But Lord have mercy, we are due! Lol! Not buying the hype but hanging onto some hope.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I tried telling people that all these big stats are built on a bedrock of fluff but then you get labeled a hater. Fact is that the next 5 games will tell us where we truly are as a team.
That's the problem with this weak schedule. Half the people riding Dak's jock right now were "done with him" after the 49ers loss. I fail to see how anyone gets excited over beating a bunch of bad teams. History is merely repeating itself.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
OK if not a Dak one can you just make one huge, "We have not played anybody" thread? how many more ways can it be stated?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That is the experience of a ton of Cowboys fans. I enjoy every game, especially the wins. And I believe every fan has the right to experience the season and every game however they choose. I’m a Cowboys fan either way.

But Lord have mercy, we are due! Lol! Not buying the hype but hanging onto some hope.
not buying into hype is one thing... saying because the last 28 years have ended one way there can be no other ending is a completley diferent thing...do i expect us to blow the 49's out in a playoff game if we travle to SF this year..no, I'm my going into it telling everyon "We are gonna lose because last years team lost" no, every season is diferent even if we feel like they are the same because we didnt win a SB..