Just maybe The Jones have come to the same conclusion many of us fans have

CowboyChris

Reaction score
He did nothing? You might want to check his W/L record and our four division titles which are the most since Aikman was our QB. We’re not going to win anything with our garbage playoff defenses regardless the QB.
speaking of win loss records…

Dak Prescott is 22-25 (.468) against teams with a winning record during his entire career..

jgboys1

Reaction score
If they roll the dice and let him walk after next season, things will likely get much worse than they are now and that could last a number of years unless we get lucky with another QB. At Jerry’s age I’m not sure he’s going to be willing to take that gamble.
Jerry is already knocking on Heaven’s door! This team ain’t winning a Super Bowl next season and the odds get even worse after next season! The 2025 season should be a complete disaster.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Both of your statements are not true. Where did you see his demands? And if he did, why can every other team still get what they want and Dallas can?
His demands are in the contract he signs?! He isn't good enough to carry a team that's why Dallas can't....

kskboys

Reaction score
Both of your statements are not true. Where did you see his demands? And if he did, why can every other team still get what they want and Dallas can?
He insisted on being paid at the top of the market last contract. What info are you getting saying that has changed?

Loso86

Reaction score
The Jones have come to the same conclusion many of us fans have. Our situation is this, 1. Our QB isn't good enough to take that big of a cut of the cap space and we win a super bowl. 2. You can't field the kind of team around him to win it for the same reason. So what do you do? Resign him and continue to be mediocre, or roll the dice let him walk next year and start a soft rebuild this year? With the way they have approached Free agency so far the writing is on the wall.
Wrong on number 1. Only 1 QB in this league is worthy of 50 plus mil sooooooo, whole point is off. Everybody wanted him to play better last year and he did now everybody wants him gone and I've seen NOBODY have a logical and sensible replacement

raven55

Reaction score
you have to be kidding the team of dumb and dumber don't know how to built a championship team. On top of it to many personnel problems have come up in the weeks. And they don't give a rat's behind on what you think haven't you moron" out there figured this out or do you want to continue being simps

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Wrong on number 1. Only 1 QB in this league is worthy of 50 plus mil sooooooo, whole point is off. Everybody wanted him to play better last year and he did now everybody wants him gone and I've seen NOBODY have a logical and sensible replacement
You have your opinion and I have mine. But until I see him carry a team to a playoff win I will stand by mine....

Toro9

Reaction score
The Jones have come to the same conclusion many of us fans have. Our situation is this, 1. Our QB isn't good enough to take that big of a cut of the cap space and we win a super bowl. 2. You can't field the kind of team around him to win it for the same reason. So what do you do? Resign him and continue to be mediocre, or roll the dice let him walk next year and start a soft rebuild this year? With the way they have approached Free agency so far the writing is on the wall.
The Cowboys are not the same as other teams in the NFL. I'm not necessarily talking about the Joneses either.

"America's Team" doesn't rebuild. That would be admitting defeat and thus be unpatriotic. You can argue New England will be rebuilding but it's not the same. Do you know how many casual fans we'd lose? I'd bet a lot.

LysleE

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen think they are the smartest guys in the room and are constantly trying to prove that, often to their detriment; moreover, they are so arrogant that they think us fans buy into every word that comes out of their mouths…well…maybe some fans still do.
They have made a mess of the salary cap and consistently over-value the talent level; hold on to players too long and often get no meaningful return on their draft capital when players are released/traded.
Managing a team is a dynamic process; you look at Belichick constantly churning the roster, releasing players at the right times to get meaningful draft picks, rarely paying players huge second contracts and trading them while they still have value. This is something that the Jones’ boys cannot or will not do; they held on to Zeke way too long and are doing the same to Dak; who has had 9 years to show he is the franchise QB they paid him to be. Sure…he is better than average and generates lots of stats; but has consistently played poorly against the better competition in the league, as well as in the playoffs. Clearly he is not the QB to take the team to the next level…but he will be extended nonetheless due to lack of options as a result of poor strategic planning.
Nothing will ever change because they are not held accountable for their actions; clearly, Jerry was at his best when he had legitimate football guys like JJ and Parcells calling the shots; if Jerry wasn’t the owner of the Cowboys, both of these clowns would be out of the NFL.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speaking of win loss records…

Dak Prescott is 22-25 (.468) against teams with a winning record during his entire career..
Just give him the DOG teams and make sure you get some T/O for him and the score lead or he might do another Card game.
Deer in the HEADLIGHTS in the house baby!!!
9 wins in 8 seasons when our rushing attack has under 100 yards now tell me that arm of his is carrying this team when needed???????????????
NADA!!!!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not the same as other teams in the NFL. I'm not necessarily talking about the Joneses either.

"America's Team" doesn't rebuild. That would be admitting defeat and thus be unpatriotic. You can argue New England will be rebuilding but it's not the same. Do you know how many casual fans we'd lose? I'd bet a lot.
Ha....that's a pretty depressing thought you just posted there, but not incorrect.

The "America's Team" thing....a self-given moniker from half a century ago, that the rest of the NFL world doesn't care about, by a team that to anyone under 40 or 45 is basically like the Raiders (a team that USED to be good in my dad's and grandaddy time, who's fans walk around as if they are special for no reason, but has just been irrelevant this century), is locked in place by a mentality that keeps them mired in mediocrity, for fear of not living up to their elite image that exists only in their own mind.

Meanwhile....25 year old Cowboys fans only know that we suck....and from their perspective, always have.

Ha. Kinda sad.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If they roll the dice and let him walk after next season, things will likely get much worse than they are now and that could last a number of years unless we get lucky with another QB. At Jerry’s age I’m not sure he’s going to be willing to take that gamble.
he's done it long enough, and he STILL makes good money. He'll be just fine

kskboys

Reaction score
Only logical and sensible replacement is a rebuild.

kskboys

Reaction score
You’re not making any sense. KC used a top 10 pick on Mahomes which is why they moved on from Smith. He was just a stopgap. Go compare his numbers to Dak’s. lol There’s a reason Smith was in his third team.
No he wasn't. Alex was a good QB whom the Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick for. In his first season w/ the Chiefs, Smith started by winning 9 straight. Made the pro bowl that season. Won a playoff game in 15. He was intended to lead them to the playoffs, which he did. Every season except one, I believe.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Good thing you're not in the front office. This makes absolutely no sense. Cowboys haven't won a SB in 21 years prior to Dak. If he leaves....it's a good chance you can add 10 more to that. The chances are better to keep him.
I think out chances are better with a QB on a rookie contract than overpaying Dak.