Just start over

erod

Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

I think Dallas needs to be one of those teams.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team is in far better shape than you portray it to be. No offseason, bad DC and injuries just killed them last year. No reason to blow it up. The offense will be fine. Special teams took a big leap and was much better last year. The Cowboys need to fill some holes on defense and finally have a DC that looks like a big upgrade. I'm excited to see this team next September. They definitely win the east. Let's see what happens from there.

foofighters

Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.
Why is the cap dropping?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

End this.

This has been my position for about 10 weeks now.

We could do such a quick rebuild but this old school way of thinking that we have to pay any decent QB we stumble upon is going to lock us into mediocrity.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not at all up for starting over with the same cast of characters making the decisions.

They have a decent roster and no one in the league is unbeatable.

If they don't at least GET to a SB in the next three seasons, I agree....and by then Jerry is going to HAVE to make changes or even the most blind of fans is going to lose interest.

So....please....no starting over while Jerry still thinks he is the best man to build a football team.

bewp7

Reaction score
i agree i said forever this core is just rotten and will never win any thing but i dont even think a full rebuild will do any thing because i do not trust jerry and stephen any way.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

End this.
Problem is ....they don't know how to start over. They have proven they can't build a championship contending football team. Rebuilding only saves money...it won't lead to better results.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This has been my position for about 10 weeks now.

We could do such a quick rebuild but this old school way of thinking that we have to pay any decent QB we stumble upon is going to lock us into mediocrity.
A large part of your plan is to take the QB savings and spend it on free agents.

This teams track record on paying the correct people is awful.

The track record on signing decent players from other teams is atrocious on one level and non existent on another.

We need to take our chances for now on Prescott, and if it doesn't work out hopefully Jerry gets desperate and pulls another Parcells type hire.

THATs really our best hope here.

Not break it all down and let Jerry and sons try to build a team. That won't work either.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

End this.

Bunch of over-paid/rated losers......Now add Prescott's massive deal and the table is set for these bums to continue their inept run at the NFL!
Gut it out!

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm all for it but this would never happen. Win now, but never actually win anything. That's the Jerry way!! This would consist of having a long term plan and Jerry doesn't do that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is some middle ground. The only choices aren't to retain every high salary player or dump every high salary player and start over.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i agree i said forever this core is just rotten and will never win any thing but i dont even think a full rebuild will do any thing because i do not trust jerry and stephen any way.
I agree with the rotten core.

There are some salvageable pieces but the Garrett era stink isn't gone.

Would have taken a strong HC personality to overcome that and Jerry won't have it. He found a puppet with a trophy who told him a few football words he didn't understand and was impressed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well, your one of the few of us that recognize, but no one wants to realize or accept this truth.
Thats a hard pill to swallow.
I realize this but Im still infatuated with the drafting process and the hope every season,, what a fool I am.