Just start over

foofighters

Reaction score
In case you missed it, there were hardly any fans in attendance in 2020. Tv viewership also dropped. The cap for 2021 is based on the previous year revenue. Insiders say it will be around $180M which is $20M less than 2019.

2021 revenue is not looking good right now.
I am well aware of it. I wanted someone else to say it. A few around here didn't like my commenting about the NFL loosing viewership in other threads. Of course the culprit is related to the current condition of the world. However, there is much more at play. Rules, game length, player attitudes all come into play. Some around here to want to hear any of it and think the NFL is bullet proof. However, fans are finding other things to do.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The cowboys are an 8-8 cash cow. Why would Jerry risk the cash stream to maybe get back to that one day. I feel like we’re a bit delusional to think Jerry and the rest of the leagues ownership aren’t happy to have Dallas where they are.

kskboys

Reaction score
I am well aware of it. I wanted someone else to say it. A few around here didn't like my commenting about the NFL loosing viewership in other threads. Of course the culprit is related to the current condition of the world. However, there is much more at play. Rules, game length, player attitudes all come into play. Some around here to want to hear any of it and think the NFL is bullet proof. However, fans are finding other things to do.
NFL players coming across as spoiled greedy brats isn't helping viewership.

foofighters

Reaction score
NFL players coming across as spoiled greedy brats isn't helping viewership.
Nope not at all. I know some will say that they are entitled to their say. And they are, however, they are representing a brand. That brand isn't immune to law of supply and demand. It's not infinite. The fans are paying their salaries. So really it comes down this, "Just because you can say it, doesn't mean you should."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People have no idea what it is to even be a fan. I get holding the organization accountable....but this is just moronic lol.

I don't think many are even fans. I know of at least one guy who creates multiple accounts using VPNs and trolls at least Texas sports message boards.

I just take stupid takes like that to expand my ignore list. It's very seldom they actually post worthwhile content anyway. The entire goal is to spread cynicism and control the narrative. When they're screaming into the void it doesn't do anything though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The OP is trolling again. Panicking because we're on the cusp of winning it all again. He wishes we'd start over.

Strawman satire nice.

The offense scores 25 points per game with Dak Prescott. The offense is returning all of its starters.

the special teams made people pull their hair out because of trick plays that went awry but at the end of the day the return and coverage teams were much much improved under the new special teams coordinator.

If we can get the defense under 20 points per game then we definitely have a shot at winning it all.

To help with that cause we have 10 draft picks including four pics in the top 100 and a pick in the top 10.

Our cap situation is about average but if we can sign Dak Prescott to a long-term deal we would have enough money to acquire another Quinn Cobb or the like like we did in 2019.

But hey let's just quit and give up because Jerry Jones.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nope not at all. I know some will say that they are entitled to their say. And they are, however, they are representing a brand. That brand isn't immune to law of supply and demand. It's not infinite. The fans are paying their salaries. So really it comes down this, "Just because you can say it, doesn't mean you should."
Today's little "say whatever you feel" crapp going on is going to hurt a lot of business, sports being one of the main ones.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

.if that were the case and we would have seen what you're talking about four years ago and it didn't happen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There were a few games where Mahomes was bailed out by his defense this year, especially in November and December

In general. I believe when you face a team like KC it puts pressure on opposing offenses to be more risky and try to keep up.

They will go for it more on 4th down, throw down field more, and just generally try to force things.

Especially once KC has a lead.

All of these things will make your defense better.

IF Dallas had KC's defense we'd be lucky if we were a game better.

If we had Mahomes there is a good chance we're still playing football IMO.

Beaker42

Reaction score
How many times are we going to "Start over" :rolleyes:
We really haven’t- EVER. The Jones Jackasses think we’re always just 1 or 2 guys away and the POS JAG’s they go dumpster diving for are always the key. Look at the POS DB’s we brought in before this season.

TOTAL ****** JOKE

Beaker42

Reaction score
This team is in far better shape than you portray it to be. No offseason, bad DC and injuries just killed them last year. No reason to blow it up. The offense will be fine. Special teams took a big leap and was much better last year. The Cowboys need to fill some holes on defense and finally have a DC that looks like a big upgrade. I'm excited to see this team next September. They definitely win the east. Let's see what happens from there.
I’m so GD sick and tired of the no offseason excuse. Every team dealt with that and we came out looking like a GD semi-pro team. Mike Nolan should have his *** jacked up between his ears. I’m more pissed than I’ve ever been as a fan. If we don’t make the playoffs in ‘21 I’M DONE!!!

plymkr

Reaction score
When have they? Not since 1989. And 1975 before that.

Those are the only two times they've "started over". It's been "win now" for decades...
I think after 3 seasons of campo going 5-11 we did a restart.