Just start over

blueblood70

Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

I think Dallas needs to be one of those teams.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.
salary cap and a diluted player pool says you are high you cant dump that many contracts and start over without being cleveland for 5 plus years..paying some of your best players to play somewhere else is asinine.

you figure it out and manage it best you can..only way to save cap is not sign dak long term and trade him because he has no deal..outside of that 2021 is year you roll with the guys you signed..2022 has some outs post June 1st and what not maybe that do over rebuild year but rights now no freaking way it makes sense..

draft well FA and get the defense from 32 to around 16 and we will fdo well IMHO

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team is in far better shape than you portray it to be. No offseason, bad DC and injuries just killed them last year. No reason to blow it up. The offense will be fine. Special teams took a big leap and was much better last year. The Cowboys need to fill some holes on defense and finally have a DC that looks like a big upgrade. I'm excited to see this team next September. They definitely win the east. Let's see what happens from there.

oh boy :popcorn:

Getting my hater...oops, bug spray out. Waiting at the login screen, oops, baseboards.

:lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When have they? Not since 1989. And 1975 before that.

Those are the only two times they've "started over". It's been "win now" for decades...

That's not true at all. When Parcells came in he definitely rebuilt that team. I'd probably say in 2016 the team was rebuilt too once they got Romo out of there.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Just want to start over just to get the same results lol....makes no sense lol.

When we are ever going to try and win now? Every off season, it is the same junk. Play it safe, don't overspend, trade down in the draft, etc. Eagles did it right and went all in. They won. Are they worse now? Sure. But was it worth it? Absolutely.

We absolutely have the offense to win a ring. No question it. It's all the other stuff we fail at i.e. coaching, drafting, defense, special teams. Our offense hides how deficient we are in those areas but then shoulder all the blame when it always fails. Got to love our "smart" fans

Big_D

Reaction score
That's not true at all. When Parcells came in he definitely rebuilt that team. I'd probably say in 2016 the team was rebuilt too once they got Romo out of there.

They had no choice when Parcells got here. The team was a dumpster fire. Jerry knew it and he also knew he couldn't fix it and get his stadium which was why made that call in the first place.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Problem is ....they don't know how to start over. They have proven they can't build a championship contending football team. Rebuilding only saves money...it won't lead to better results.

It will lead to more poor years, record-wise, imho, which we have enough of them now. In other words, if it won't bring us more SB wins, what's the point?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
This thread has an unachievable goal.

The Jones boys seriously think they're close and they don't need a rebuild.

kskboys

Reaction score
When we are ever going to try and win now? Every off season, it is the same junk. Play it safe, don't overspend, trade down in the draft, etc. Eagles did it right and went all in. They won. Are they worse now? Sure. But was it worth it? Absolutely.

We absolutely have the offense to win a ring. No question it. It's all the other stuff we fail at i.e. coaching, drafting, defense, special teams. Our offense hides how deficient we are in those areas but then shoulder all the blame when it always fails. Got to love our "smart" fans
Jerry tries to win now every year. That's why we remain mostly a .500 team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.

I'm not opposed to this concept except that the two jug heads who created this mess will be the ones starting over.

To me "starting over" would be admitting failure and hiring someone to fix this mess, which we know is not going to happen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Eagles did nothing right they are a mess. What they did was luck lol. Copying that blueprint will have you be the Jaguars.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They had no choice when Parcells got here. The team was a dumpster fire. Jerry knew it and he also knew he couldn't fix it and get his stadium which was why made that call in the first place.
I'm not denying why they did it I'm just saying they did it lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

End this.
Have you seen anything in Booger's MO that would lead you to believe that this is even possible? He is never that far away; he is always this close.

He's in the worst division in the league and has the off season and injuries to shore up that ever present optimist's view.

This is why you don't want your owner to be your GM, he can't evaluate objectively, particularly his job, and is always looking for excuses.

If Booger were to consider a rebuild, and I don't think he can even bring himself to use that word, that would mean he is accepting failure and what would he sell the fans in the off season? "C'mon out and watch a bunch of players that may or may not be here next year. We hope to deliver many moral victories this season".

The other reason is that a real GM with his butt on the line has to be honest about how far they are away and not sell himself on how close they are.

Swagger

Reaction score

End this.
Completely agree. Miami Dolphins look all the better for their recent makeover

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Why is the cap dropping?

In case you missed it, there were hardly any fans in attendance in 2020. Tv viewership also dropped. The cap for 2021 is based on the previous year revenue. Insiders say it will be around $180M which is $20M less than 2019.

2021 revenue is not looking good right now.