Justice League “Come Together”

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
so far aquaman and put in this light and not the green and gold fish tights is the only reason i put any hope into this at all. the rest are dead weight to me, except for cyborg. he has potential.

wish they'd have put firestorm in.

You can’t do Superman and Wonder Woman outfits any better. IMO. Nailed them both.
Batman is yet another version. A little stiff but looks good to me.
Flash outfit is confusing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so far aquaman and put in this light and not the green and gold fish tights is the only reason i put any hope into this at all. the rest are dead weight to me, except for cyborg. he has potential.

wish they'd have put firestorm in.
Firestorm would have been awesome. I was hoping Green Lantern but Hawkman would have been a good substitute in my book. Or even Hawkgirl but they are trying hard to establish Woman Wonder. Squeezing in another female super-hero would blow some Warner Bros execs minds (even after the theatrical success of WW).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can’t do Superman and Wonder Woman outfits any better. IMO. Nailed them both.
Batman is yet another version. A little stiff but looks good to me.
Flash outfit is confusing.
Even though I am not a huge Ben Affleck as Batman fan, I think they did a heck of a job getting the older Year One: Dark Knight Returns suit right. However, I am right with you on Flash's suit. Maybe it will grow on me. The CW Flash suit is really well designed. It could have met audiences' expectations in my opinion. To tell the truth, the movie suit looks like it would cut me if I got to close to it. Looks like a bunch of sharp edges pasted together.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Even though I am not a huge Ben Affleck as Batman fan, I think they did a heck of a job getting the older Year One: Dark Knight Returns suit right. However, I am right with you on Flash's suit. Maybe it will grow on me. The CW Flash suit is really well designed. It could have met audiences' expectations in my opinion. To tell the truth, the movie suit looks like it would cut me if I got to close to it. Looks like a bunch of sharp edges pasted together.

I am in the minority... but Affleck is my favorite batman.
I don’t dislike Bale and his version. It just didn’t Bowl me over.

Agreed. I think flash will grow on us :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just saw Justice League.

It was a fun movie, I really enjoyed it.... lots of “off the comic pages” to the “big screen” adaptions.

All the characters showed team work. Brings you back to your childhood.

Cons:

1. Trailers totally ruin:
a.) all the upcoming action.... they show 80% in the trailers.
b.) any cool verbiage.... they show 80% in the trailer.

2. Studio cut down the time to 120 minutes. The “ultimate edition” if there is one.... will be worth s rewatch.

FYI - there are two post credit scenes. One right away. One at the very end.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FYI - there are two post credit scenes. One right away. One at the very end.
The first one is an iconic tribute but it was kinda wimped out. The second one was better but corny at the end. About the second cut scene, I have two questions for you though:
1. Did the prisoner in the cell remind you of a super criminal? ;)
2. Did you recognize the guy who BOARDED the yacht the instant you saw him on the speed boat? I did. :p

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
There are some cool villains like dr. Doom. I always thought a solo movie of him fighting the fantastic 4 or ruling his country would be interesting.

Magneto would be a good one too. He's more of an antihero than a villian but I'd still consider him a villian. I liked the guy who has played magneto in the more recent x men movies.

It really is a shame there are not villian movies.

Meh, it seems pretty universal that the villians are lame. That's what made Civil was so compelling, heroes against themselves.

I saw Thor this weekend and the villian is ultimately as forgettable as any of the others but I had a great time.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The first one is an iconic tribute but it was kinda wimped out. The second one was better but corny at the end. About the second cut scene, I have two questions for you though:
1. Did the prisoner in the cell remind you of a super criminal? ;)
2. Did you recognize the guy who BOARDED the yacht the instant you saw him on the speed boat? I did. :p

No on both.

Who were they?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
There are some cool villains like dr. Doom. I always thought a solo movie of him fighting the fantastic 4 or ruling his country would be interesting.

Magneto would be a good one too. He's more of an antihero than a villian but I'd still consider him a villian. I liked the guy who has played magneto in the more recent x men movies.

It really is a shame there are not villian movies.

I've heard from a lot of people that are into Doom & Fantastic Four but for whatever reason, I'm totally out of the loop on them. I've seen all the Fantastic 4 movies, but they've all been so bad that it hasn't inspired me to find out more about them.

I think you're onto something with the idea of a villain movie, but they'd never make those. They'll make anti-hero movies all day though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've heard from a lot of people that are into Doom & Fantastic Four but for whatever reason, I'm totally out of the loop on them. I've seen all the Fantastic 4 movies, but they've all been so bad that it hasn't inspired me to find out more about them.

I think you're onto something with the idea of a villain movie, but they'd never make those. They'll make anti-hero movies all day though.

I read an interesting article the other day discussing Marvel possibly regaining the rights to the Fantastic Four and it mentioned a key component I hadn't really thought of before - the villains.

So many great villains have cropped up from the pages of the FF, and Marvel can't use them because of that. If they got the rights back, they'd have access to a treasure trove of them.

One cause for hope, word is that Fox is looking to sell off their movie stuff, and they've talked with Disney.

However, Comcast is in the loop to possibly purchase as well.

But I think the characters would be far more valuable "back home" so I hope Disney ultimately buys it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No on both.

Who were they?
The first one is an assumption on my part. The second one? Shame on you. :cool:
The prisoner had a psychotic look and laugh going for him that reminds me of The Joker. Makes me think he may have helped Lex escape. Of course Luthor could have easily gotten out of prison on his own but he referenced the Legion of Doom at the end—of which both are members.

You did not recognize Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke? I knew it was him even in shadow practically the second the camera zoomed in on the speed boat. The telltale X swords on his back gave him away.

I know there is a Wonder Woman sequel coming but I believe this film laid one question to rest. There is NO invisible plane. :) Sorry (if true). :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read an interesting article the other day discussing Marvel possibly regaining the rights to the Fantastic Four and it mentioned a key component I hadn't really thought of before - the villains.

So many great villains have cropped up from the pages of the FF, and Marvel can't use them because of that. If they got the rights back, they'd have access to a treasure trove of them.

One cause for hope, word is that Fox is looking to sell off their movie stuff, and they've talked with Disney.

But I think the characters would be far more valuable "back home" so I hope Disney ultimately buys it.
Here’s hoping Fox and Disney can make that deal happen. I have enjoyed what Fox has done with The Gifted thus far. It has been FAR superior to ABC/Marvel’s The Inhumans. The characters are mainly supporting cast mutants like Lorna Dane/Polaris, Clarice/Blink (Jamie Chung was GREAT casting) and John/Thunderbird but they are performing well. Plus the show’s format is open to introducing character headliners.

The FF have several great villains. Besides Doom and Galactus, there is Kang The Conqueror, Annihilus (sp?), Namor The Submariner, Super Skrull... They can leave characters like The Mole Man shelved though. There are some real heavy hitters in the FF universe. It is almost criminal how ‘The World’s Greatest Fighting Team’ has not had a blockbuster movie. Perhaps the book does not translate well for the 21st century audience.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Here’s hoping Fox and Disney can make that deal happen. I have enjoyed what Fox has done with The Gifted thus far. It has been FAR superior to ABC/Marvel’s The Inhumans. The characters are mainly supporting cast mutants like Lorna Dane/Polaris, Clarice/Blink (Jamie Chung was GREAT casting) and John/Thunderbird but they are performing well. Plus the show’s format is open to introducing character headliners.

The FF have several great villains. Besides Doom and Galactus, there is Kang The Conqueror, Annihilus (sp?), Namor The Submariner, Super Skrull... They can leave characters like The Mole Man shelved though. There are some real heavy hitters in the FF universe. It is almost criminal how ‘The World’s Greatest Fighting Team’ has not had a blockbuster movie. Perhaps the book does not translate well for the 21st century audience.

Agreed.

This needs to happen.

Because at some point the superhero market will dry up. Then these companies will have missed the money boat and will own something of less value. It’s part of the reason why some of these companies sold off their parts. Lean SH times at the times.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I chalk it up to yet another failure by Fox to use what they have.

In my opinion, for as much money as the X-Men films may have made, there is potential for them to be so much more. They've succeeded despite Fox, not because of them.

Marvel/Disney getting the rights back would be an awesome development.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

This needs to happen.

Because at some point the superhero market will dry up. Then these companies will have missed the money boat and will own something of less value. It’s part of the reason why some of these companies sold off their parts. Lean SH times at the times.

It makes too much sense to me. Nobody would get more value out of them than Marvel would.

Comcast certainly wouldn't.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There's discussion regarding exactly where Kang fits. And whether he's under the FF or Avengers rights.

I'm curious as to where things will go for the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Thanos.

I think there will be some BIG changes coming. I think they HAVE to.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's discussion regarding exactly where Kang fits. And whether he's under the FF or Avengers rights.

I'm curious as to where things will go for the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Thanos.

I think there will be some BIG changes coming. I think they HAVE to.
I think it will be hard for either company to legally claim Kang solely for their own use. He has made appearances in both titles but mostly (I believe) in the FF title. His origin is definitely with the FF. Personally I feel his most extensive and impactful appearances have occurred in the FF title, including the book version of the Infinity War.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if you guys know who. Mark Hughes is, but he's big into comics and related films. He writes for Forbes and has appeared on numerous podcasts discussing the subject.

He has an excellent article on the Fox/Disney negotiations and goes into great detail about the many reasons why a deal should get done. If you have the time or interest, it's a great read:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...-century-fox-is-bound-to-happen/#2a1f2cde1976