Justin Fields traded to Steelers

Rayman70

Reaction score
this means some highly rated lineman will be available for Dallas down the draft board. The top 5-6 teams in the draft are pretty much taking a QB. If we so choose to want a olineman, we will get 1. I might even draft Edgerrin Cooper at 24. I don't think he makes it to rd 2 if we wait.

Motorola

Reaction score
beware of Ohio State qb's I say, until Stroud not a single star NFL qb in history has been form OSU. Art Schlister was the closest.
also beware of smaller qbs who run a lot, when has one of them gotten to a SB,l ever?
One could state somewhat the same for UT quarterbacks.

Bobby Lane__3X NFL Champion, Pro Football HOF -
waayy bacckk in the 1950s

Vince Young_5-year starter, NFL OROY - mid- to late 2000s

Any one else noteworthy?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
One could state the same for UT quarterbacks.
Bobby Lane__3X NFL Champion, Pro Football HOF

Vince Young_5-year starter, NFL OROY

Any one else noteworthy?
"the same" ? Im kind of saying the opposite. BTW by OSU I mean Ohio State, not Oklahoma

chuck520

Reaction score
I could. You have a choice to be a Chiefs fan and he chooses Pittsburgh? Yuck.
Its hard to tell the difference between fans and trolls anymore. They've blended into the same thing. I understand disappointment in your team and mad at them but if they don't like them as a fan because they don't win as much as they want it might be time to move on for some of the fans.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They improved it but don’t have a long term answer. It may takes years to replace Big Ben. They could use Fields as a situational QB allowing him to use his mobility.
They have a good defense. There gonna be tough as always. Next years AFC gauntlet is brutal for the NFC East.

Motorola

Reaction score
"the same" ? Im kind of saying the opposite. BTW by OSU I mean Ohio State, not Oklahoma
Oklahoma is OU (Oklahoma St. would be 'OSU' - but Oregon St. uses it as well)

BTW - as a longtime college football fan, I refer to the traditional referenceso to the great programs...
Ohio State (not OSU)
Southern Cal or USC - with their history, the school can claim both
Penn State (not PSU)
LSU

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same compensation (conditions notwithstanding) as Trey Lance.

Would you rather have Fields or Lance?
When the Cowboys acquired Trey Lance' my first thought was "if Justin Fields can be an NFL starter, then Trey Lance can do it also".

Fields got 38 opportunities...Lance had 4 starts become the injury...

CowboysFanLover

Reaction score
I hate to say it but that is a good trade by the Steelers so they went from Pickett and Tribsusky to Wilson and Fields which clearly are upgrades so credit to the Steelers for that