Justin Jefferson/Vikings agree to 4 year/140m extension

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Does anyone think the Cowboys don't intend on signing Lamb? That is possible.

If that were the case he should have been traded before the draft. Coming off a 1700 yard season he could have brought us a Tyreek Hill type of return. The worst part about Lamb is his value should only decrease from here.

John813

Reaction score
Does anyone think the Cowboys don't intend on signing Lamb? That is possible.

If there's anything Dallas does do, it's re-signing their "core" players.
The FO whines about cap space for this exact reason.
Time to give some slices of pie away.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Could have avoided it if they signed him before St Brown, Jefferson etc. Instead they like to wait then set the market anyways.
That’s assuming Lamb was willing to sign first though. Ultimately we don’t know if the cowboys tried or not. If his main goal is to maximize his contract there is a good chance he would not have signed early.

Havic

Reaction score
If that were the case he should have been traded before the draft. Coming off a 1700 yard season he could have brought us a Tyreek Hill type of return. The worst part about Lamb is his value should only decrease from here.
Frustrating because it was a WR heavy draft also.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Was there not reports that Lamb was waiting for Jefferson to sign?
You would think that would prompt this inept FO to move faster so they dont have to reset the market. Jerry is still waiting for Lamb's agent to call him though.

Chances that call happens now are pretty high.

Carson

Reaction score
Read Jefferson turned down a 28mil per year deal last offseason.
20% increase for waiting. Even got injured; played great when healthy but still.
Can't blame players for taking that risk till the last year the way the NFL prints money/cap keeps shooting up.
I mean he’s the best WR in the league.

Its not like he wasn’t going to get paid and took a “huge risk”.

It’s like Dak. If your team doesn’t want to pay you max $$$, cool. Somebody else will.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You would think that would prompt this inept FO to move faster so they dont have to reset the market. Jerry is still waiting for Lamb's agent to call him though.

Chances that call happens now are pretty high.
And when Lambs agent asks for more than Jefferson I laugh him out of the room.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not re-signing Lamb last year was not the best choice, but also not an irregular one.

Not pushing to get Lamb signed early as possible this offseason to avoid the constant market resets that were about to happen was a very poor choice.

But allowing Justin Jefferson to push the WR market to 35m$ a year in June when Lamb could have been signed in February is a detrimental choice.

Even if Lamb doesn’t sign for over 35 this will still heavily impact his price, “I’m not THAT much worse than JJ.”

Carson

Reaction score
Not re-signing Lamb last year was not the best choice, but also not an irregular one.

Not pushing to get Lamb signed early as possible this offseason to avoid the constant market resets that were about to happen was a very poor choice.

But allowing Justin Jefferson to push the WR market to 35m$ a year in June when Lamb could have been signed in February is a detrimental choice.

Even if Lamb doesn’t sign for over 35 this will still heavily impact his price, “I’m not THAT much worse than JJ.”
So what you’re saying is normal business procedure here and nothing has changed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Could have avoided it if they signed him before St Brown, Jefferson etc. Instead they like to wait then set the market anyways.
Why would Lamb do that though? Why would he sign now? I agree that they should sign them first but I’m looking at Jefferson get hurt and still get this deal so what does Lamb have to lose by waiting?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Why would Lamb sign in February? What incentive did he have?