Justin Jefferson/Vikings agree to 4 year/140m extension

Jayinem

Reaction score
I don't know the perfect solution, but I know that paying Lamb/Parsons/Dak fair market value is a huge mistake.

Creeper

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I would not pay a WR $35 million per year. He's a great receiver but how much can you pay a WR and keep a balanced team talent wise?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
An agent in principle wants to get any contract done as soon as possible. This thought that the agent is just gonna wait until something develops is complete fan fiction. That only happens with players who feel they are not getting what they’re worth and want to have a big season to prove it. But with top end players, every agent wants to set the market as soon as they can. Offseason injury risks, player conduct risks, there are many reasons why agents will always push to get the contract done ASAP. Dallas is why this is dragging out.

The benefit of CD signing in February is he would have been the highest paid WR in NFL history for a few months at 31ish m$ a year. That is what every agent wants. It is more worthwhile to guarantee that early than to drag it out for a couple more million.
There’s a report the delay was from Cee Dee’s side so who knows who’s to blame and probably both. But nice try, Philthy fan, in trying to crap on the Cowboys again.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If I’m CeeDee I don’t set foot on the field without a new deal. Sorry, I’m with the player here. One cut and he shreds a knee and is *****.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If I’m CeeDee I don’t set foot on the field without a new deal. Sorry, I’m with the player here. One cut and he shreds a knee and is *****.
This mentality is why Dallas hadn’t given more than 1 year deals recently. The player has too much leverage in the current environment.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan of the direction of the league. 5 guys on every roster making 35-50 million with the rest of the players making less than 5 million is a microcosm of larger society. The wealth gap is too extreme.
Unfortunately, the league's direction was predestined when the collective bargaining agreement's current form was ratified in 1993. It is still funny. I was fussing about the highly probable escalation of player contracts and how the restricted format would affect front office spending across the board from day one.

The responses to my ranting back then was, "enforced parity is a good thing." Perhaps so but I do 'know' some folks, who were happy about all teams getting an equal footing in this regard, eventually stopped laughing. And then began complaining how the process of acquiring and retaining quality players became much harder. SMH.

/rant

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I may be in the minority, but I would not pay a WR $35 million per year. He's a great receiver but how much can you pay a WR and keep a balanced team talent wise?
Balance!? We don't need no stinking balance! Just a few star players and a bunch of jags is enough to beat up on 2/3 of the league. You're screwed in the playoffs though.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way they even consider giving him this type of contract.
CD is NOT Jefferson.............
Trade him as he mostly shows up in games against sub-.500 teams.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Not a fan of the direction of the league. 5 guys on every roster making 35-50 million with the rest of the players making less than 5 million is a microcosm of larger society. The wealth gap is too extreme.
Yeah these contracts are getting ridiculous IMO. Doesn't help every player needs to be paid more than the last guy.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Just remember it’s not about money, it’s about “respect”.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Haha...real GMs still not doing what internet trailblazer GMs say is the smart thing to do.

Minnesota has Darnold on a 1 year 10M contract...but they still setting market rates. 27.5M guaranteed is a lot.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Maybe Little Enos can now get around to drafting up a “honest offer”

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean, per your list, it's Tom Brady who was the best QB to hit FA, age or not. He had zero signs of slowing down and is the GOAT. He wanted to go to a place to win over maxing out his deal.

Cousins is older, but has the same level stats as Dak.

Cousins since 2015(starter) has stats of 1.85 TDs per game and 268 ypg
Prescott since 2016 has stats of 1.77 TDs per game and 258 ypg.

We aren't talking about best QB or not. It's contract. If Dak struggles, per my post, yes he will still get paid. I don't think it would be as much as a top 3 deal.
Both at this time have had the same level of success. Can put up numbers, yet to do much in the postseason.

If you think Prescott, based off my hypothetical, would be the #1 paid QB over guys like Joe Burrows, then we will agree to disagree/wait and see.
He showed a lot of signs of slowing down actually. Lets not use revisionist history to suddenly pretend that the narrative around Brady then was that he was no longer the QB he was and had started to finally age. It turned out it was just that NE did not have any weapons or a good OLine but thats what the narrative was.

Cousins is out of his prime and off of a major injury and he still got 45m, and by the estimates of GMs, coaches, and scouts (aka the people who would be paying Dak) is considered a better QB aside from all that. Barring injury Dak could have the worst of his career and he 100% gets a record deal. Its the safest most obvious bet in sports. A top 10 QB, in his prime, without injury, has not free agency this century. He would easily take the highest paid spot (until the next deal happens). I would take the bet for that with whatever odds were offered because its the easiest money you could ever make.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
No way they even consider giving him this type of contract.
CD is NOT Jefferson.............
Trade him as he mostly shows up in games against sub-.500 teams.
8 100 yard games last year with 5 against teams OVER .500 (4 Playoff teams and one that missed the playoffs the last week of the season). And, wasn't he the ONLY offensive player to show up in the '23 Playoff loss to SF? But, yeah, he's not worthy of being one of the Top paid WR in the league.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At this point, I would be looking to trade CD. It is unfathomable to pay roughly 13%+ of your cap to a non-QB... and, no, I am not advocating the resigning of Dak.

I would imagine we could get at least a 1st and probably a 2nd (subsequent year) round pick for Lamb

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang man. I get the hatred toward Dak.

But Lamb is a top 5 WR with guys like JJ, Hill, Chase.
LOL..........not even close.....sorry but it is what it is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately, the league's direction was predestined when the collective bargaining agreement's current form was ratified in 1993. It is still funny. I was fussing about the highly probable escalation of player contracts and how the restricted format would affect front office spending across the board from day one.

The responses to my ranting back then was, "enforced parity is a good thing." Perhaps so but I do 'know' some folks, who were happy about all teams getting an equal footing in this regard, eventually stopped laughing. And then began complaining how the process of acquiring and retaining quality players became much harder. SMH.

/rant
Well, it’s pick your poison right? Do away with the salary cap and the New York and California teams will dominate obtaining top players so you’ll get the same 3 or 4 teams winning every year. That’ would suck IMO.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
8 100 yard games last year with 5 against teams OVER .500 (4 Playoff teams and one that missed the playoffs the last week of the season). And, wasn't he the ONLY offensive player to show up in the '23 Playoff loss to SF? But, yeah, he's not worthy of being one of the Top paid WR in the league.
Puppy is blinded by his intense hate of Dak and the Cowboys.

rambo2

Reaction score
I hate this front office and don’t understand why they sit on their hands but I mean is the deal that gets signed Lamb might as well wait it out.
Jefferson has the same agency as Lamb and Lamb's deal will get done now.