Justin Jefferson/Vikings agree to 4 year/140m extension

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh I 100% agree. But in order to get that deal done the Cowboys were going to have to do what the Eagles did and offer an extension like AJ Brown got. They were going to have to jump out and offer something he couldn't refuse. And Brown and Jefferson have the same agents so they were able to get in front of the Jefferson deal and Jefferson signed after.

But I don't disagree. I think ultimately though Lamb and his team said they weren't signing until Jefferson did. Lamb's agents are going to make him the highest paid player in the league that's the objective. So if you're going to do that then yeah they were going to jump higher than that 25-27 million.
Yeah, we really don't know what holds things up. I just default to blaming Jerry. He's the boss. When things go wrong I blame the boss. Here's my take. Lamb made around 8-9 million after his first 3 years. Deebo just took a 3 year 71M dollar contract in the same offseason they could have extended Lamb. You think Lamb wouldn't have agreed to a similar contract? Of course he would have. But since Jerry decided to wait, now they probably wanted to wait for Jefferson like you said.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, we really don't know what holds things up. I just default to blaming Jerry. He's the boss. When things go wrong I blame the boss. Here's my take. Lamb made around 8-9 million after his first 3 years. Deebo just took a 3 year 71M dollar contract in the same offseason they could have extended Lamb. You think Lamb wouldn't have agreed to a similar contract? Of course he would have. But since Jerry decided to wait, now they probably wanted to wait for Jefferson like you said.
Yep and now what they thought was going to be 30 mil per season could be more.

Not sure if waiting in this case pays off .

Flamma

Reaction score
Yep and now what they thought was going to be 30 mil per season could be more.

Not sure if waiting in this case pays off .
Of course it didn't pay off. They signed Diggs. Lamb should have been signed the same year. It would have been way cheaper. Then Parsons this year, Dak after this year. Or Dak not at all. Or Diggs, Lamb, Parsons. To stagger the years. But now we have a problem. We have 4 players and 3 years to sign them if you want to sign them all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t think he takes that Deebo contract. I don’t think they are the same caliber of receiver even in 22.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If we were going to rebuild, you don't sign Kendricks, you don't sign Elliott and you trade Lamb and Prescott. The moves we made don't scream rebuild, they scream we're about to pay big bucks to Lamb, Prescott and Parsons (although that might be next year).
Signing one year vet minimums is not stopping anyone from rebuilding.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Signing one year vet minimums is not stopping anyone from rebuilding.
But there's no reason to do it if you are rebuilding. Let the young'uns play and figure out if they can be part of that rebuild. Save that $6 million (not vet minimums) to be used when you are serious about contending rather than playing to rebuild.

If you are rebuilding, you hand the reins to Lance and divest yourself of expensive players who won't be part of the rebuild.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But there's no reason to do it if you are rebuilding. Let the young'uns play and figure out if they can be part of that rebuild. Save that $6 million to be used when you are serious about contending rather than playing to rebuild.

If you are rebuilding, you hand the reins to Lance and divest yourself of expensive players who won't be part of the rebuild.
Trance is more like a tear down than a rebuild.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
49ers...setting RB market. The franchise beloved by all moneyball trailblazers just reset the rb market.

The position easiest to take advantage of cheap labor.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
49ers...setting RB market. The franchise beloved by all moneyball trailblazers just reset the rb market.

The position easiest to take advantage of cheap labor.
Yep. You can’t win paying a RB a high salary….Philly and San Fran do it no one bats an eye lol.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Yep. You can’t win paying a RB a high salary….Philly and San Fran do it no one bats an eye lol.
The easy answer there is to move the goal posts to Conference finals is ok with them, right?

Shame everyone in FO in Dallas and shame every player for not reaching a Super Bowl.

Point the finger at San Fran and how they are doing it brilliantly...but turn a blind eye when they do what Dallas gets shamed for.

Existence is trash. The Creator is profit seeking and isnt a good person. Just creating trash existences for good people.

Edit: I dont care if the 2 year deal is in line with when they have to pay Brock.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Exactly how are the Cowboys an average team? I know they choke in the playoffs but they are far from average.
I believe the team is average going into this season. I could be wrong of course unless a lot of these young players step up but if not they dropped off from last year.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
An average 12 win team. Lol
I'm speaking of the team going into this year. The last 3 years the Cowboys had a solid team with depth and they were certainly the upper echelon of the NFC but not anymore.

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm speaking of the team going into this year. The last 3 years the Cowboys had a solid team with depth and they were certainly the upper echelon of the NFC but not anymore.
They have a double digit win team this year.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If Jefferson continues what he’s done WR wise, he’ll far surpass Randy Moss.

Furthermore, Moss couldn’t come close to running all route trees like Jefferson.

Jefferson has to remain healthy to of course accomplish this.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Jefferson continues what he’s done WR wise, he’ll far surpass Randy Moss.

Furthermore, Moss couldn’t come close to running all route trees like Jefferson.

Jefferson has to remain healthy to of course accomplish this.
Who is his QB???

rambo2

Reaction score
I believe the team is average going into this season. I could be wrong of course unless a lot of these young players step up but if not they dropped off from last year.
Even if they had a drop off, they still are a double digit win team.