News: Kaepernick-Browns trade would give Cowboys

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Foosball rated better than Goof and Wetz coming out.

early_morning_wake-up_call.jpg

It was all the Johnny football hype that had Manziel rated better than a lot of QBs including two that have turned out to be solid starters.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. Sad that the Browns would rather have Kap than Goff or Wentz. I still hope the Cowboys say no to a QB even if they have both to pick from

We are in agreement here. I'd take these guys as late 1st rounders but not where we are picking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Can't be. Goff and Wentz are the greatest QBs to ever come out. I read it here so many times

LOL I know......and I know a lot of them are hurt by this. Look I get it. We want a franchise quarterback. The only problem is he ain't there at #4 overall. There are some guys in the 2nd and 3rd you can take a shot at. It sucks the year we get a good pick the Andrew Luck's of the world are not coming out or the Jameis Winston's or the Mariottas...instead we get the...Wentz's and the Goff's.....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It sucks the year we get a good pick the Andrew Luck's of the world are not coming out or the Jameis Winston's or the Mariottas...instead we get the...Wentz's and the Goff's.....

In the last couple weeks some experts are now comparing Wentz to Andrew Luck. In just a few short weeks Wentz has gone from a QB that not even some experts were that aware of to the next great QB. They said he had a great week at the Senior bowl it must have been one hell of a week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In the last couple weeks some experts are now comparing Wentz to Andrew Luck. In just a few short weeks Wentz has gone from a QB that not even some experts were that aware of to the next great QB. They said he had a great week at the Senior bowl it must have been one hell of a week.

LOL goodness....you know I remember when there was a time I was excited about possibly getting Wentz in the 2nd round.....then a month later he became a 2nd overall pick lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, because when I think of flawless talent evaluation I think of the Cleveland Browns.

Its not about talent evaluation. Its about a team desperate for a quarterback and normally would throw a 2nd overall pick at one but this time don't want to.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL goodness....you know I remember when there was a time I was excited about possibly getting Wentz in the 2nd round.....then a month later he became a 2nd overall pick lol.

By April they'll be comparing him to Peyton Manning. lol It's amazing how much better Wentz has gotten since the college football season ended.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
By April they'll be comparing him to Peyton Manning. lol It's amazing how much better Wentz has gotten since the college football season ended.

HAHAHHAHHAH right. All over what? One quarter of football in a game that essentially really doesn't matter? Its amazing. Truly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
HAHAHHAHHAH right. All over what? One quarter of football in a game that essentially really doesn't matter? Its amazing. Truly.

It's pretty comical how they claimed this was a weak QB crop during the college season but once the season ended these QBs all of a sudden started looking like the best thing since sliced bread after a few workouts and some snaps in the Senior bowl.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
In the small hearts and huge minds of message board GMs around the internets.

internet_failure.jpg

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
in a sane JerryWorld the cowboys would grab a QB high the draft -- Goff preferred but not the small-school, small-time Wentz-- hope that Henry is still there in the 2nd and grab him.
I would not mind giving away a 4th round pick to assure we get Henry in the late 1st or early 2nd.
That, blokes, would be the cost of getting back on the road to self-respect in the NFL.

Defense? Yes, a pressing, niggling, headache for the 'Boys.
But really, chaps, DO WE REALLY EXPECT TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL THIS SEASON?
Better for the future if we build around a Henry and a Goff and let FA and the draft assauge (a French word) our needs this and next season.

Simply put, the future is now. Not for a Super Bowl but for rebuilding this tattered offense made up of brittle, aging and subprime offensive players. And am not referring to the O line, mates!

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I can't see how Cleveland would thank Kapernicki is the answer. I mean he's just not very good. But again, it is Cleveland.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Its not about talent evaluation. Its about a team desperate for a quarterback and normally would throw a 2nd overall pick at one but this time don't want to.

If Cleveland thinks no QB is worth the pick, how did they reach that conclusion if not for talent evaluation?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The experts dont know, and the fans dont know who will be good or bad, it is
all a crapshoot.

Kap may do good in cleveland, and they may draft one too.
If all 3 are there for Dallas, then they may take one too.or if the one they like falls to them.
There is really no telling how it will go.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
As for the Wentz acolytes, I hope we never witness the lunacy of seeing Wentz going from facing the S. Iowa Silo Cats and the East Dakota Grain Elevators to the best that the NFL can line up against us.

If that is the case, even Kap-like QBs and RGIII-3-and-out are preferable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's pretty comical how they claimed this was a weak QB crop during the college season but once the season ended these QBs all of a sudden started looking like the best thing since sliced bread after a few workouts and some snaps in the Senior bowl.

Right. Its truly amazing. All of these "experts" said that there isn't a franchise QB in this draft but those same people have QB's being taken in the top 10 with Wentz going at 2nd overall.