KC Front 7 is scary good

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think some of you better get on board with the fact that this team is much better then a 2-14 team. This is a 34 team and that defense can get it done. Justin Houston is one of the best young OLBs in the NFL. In his second season, he posted 10 sacks and 66 tackles from the strong side. We're paying a guy 10 Million dollars this year, based on a season that was not much better then that from 2012 and he's already got 3 sacks and 5 tackles in one game this year. They also have a guy named Tamba Hali who is very close, athletically to a guy we all consider to be, perhaps the best defensive player in the league in DWare. They have Dontri Poe who is a ridiculously strong NT to hold down the middle. They have DJ on the inside who, in his last three seasons, has recorded 95/104/110 tackles. They drafted Nico Johnson from Alabama this year and he's going to be a pretty dang good player as well. They have Brandon Flowers, Sean Smith and Daunta Robinson at CB and they have Eric Berry, probably the best athlete at Safety in the NFL to along with Kendrick Lewis, a 6'0" 200 lbs FS who can run.

These guys basically blanked Jacksonville in Jacksonville. Now you can say "Yeah but it's Jax" but they are still a pro team with MJD, Blackmon, Mercedes Lewis. They have some guys who can make plays too. They held Jax to 178 total yards last week. That's good against anybody in the NFL.

They have decent talent on the Offensive side of the ball as well. There OL is probably more talented then ours is. They have speed at the outside with Avery, they have Bowe and Fasano at TE. They have a healthy Jammal Charles and they have Smith at QB who fits Pork Chops system perfectly.

We should not underestimate this team because they are not as bad as a lot of people think and we, well, we are not as good as many of you probably think.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I agree better than a 2-14 team but like someone else said they played the Jaguars and it really is essentially the same team. Factor in a new coach that went 4-12 last year and a QB that didn't start for half the season. I might be hating too much right now but they are being over hyped on this board. Too early for any of us to judge, maybe.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree better than a 2-14 team but like someone else said they played the Jaguars and it really is essentially the same team. Factor in a new coach that went 4-12 last year and a QB that didn't start for half the season. I might be hating too much right now but they are being over hyped on this board. Too early for any of us to judge, maybe.

You think so huh. We have a CB who is going to be playing in a brace, we have a QB who we all know has more then just sore ribs, our top offensive threat has a sprained foot. We may not be much more on offense then the Jags were if those guys don't come around. This is going to be a tough game, I'm telling you.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Is scary good. Young, athletic, fly to the ball. Not to mention when healthy, Berry is a top 3 S back there. Saving grace is Waters vs his old team instead of Mack. They sacked the crap out of Gabbert and held MJD really in check. This is going to be a serious test. On the flip side, I think we can handle Bowe and J Charles. We will not allow more than 275 total yards on D and recover 1 fumble and get one pick. Super premature prediction:

Us:23
Them:19

Are you talking about the Front 7 or BACK 7?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is a complete joke.

They were 2-14 last year.

Lets tap the breaks. How some of you guys are talking, this is the best team in the league.

There were a handful of us telling you guys about the Seahawks last year and you guys said the same thing. No one is saying the Chiefs are unbeatable but they are a talented team with a good head coach and now with atleast a suitable starting quarterback. No one is saying they are the 49ers but they deserve some respect. This is not a 2 win team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You think so huh. We have a CB who is going to be playing in a brace, we have a QB who we all know has more then just sore ribs, our top offensive threat has a sprained foot. We may not be much more on offense then the Jags were if those guys don't come around. This is going to be a tough game, I'm telling you.

That's a bit over board lol. We could be missing Dez, Romo and Claiborne and still be better than that Jags team. They are terrible.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think some of you better get on board with the fact that this team is much better then a 2-14 team.
Given their schedule, they think they are an 8-8 or better team this year. And they think they should have beat us last time we went up there. They are much better than the 2-14 they hung up last year and if we are not ready then we will be in for a fight. We made enough mistakes that JG has plenty to bark about this week and that is a good thing. Because I would hate to win last night only to give one away next Sunday in KC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's a bit over board lol. We could be missing Dez, Romo and Claiborne and still be better than that Jags team. They are terrible.

Really, you think Minus Dez and Romo (if they can't go) we are better then the team Jax has? I don't.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Given their schedule, they think they are an 8-8 or better team this year. And they think they should have beat us last time we went up there. They are much better than the 2-14 they hung up last year and if we are not ready then we will be in for a fight. We made enough mistakes that JG has plenty to bark about this week and that is a good thing. Because I would hate to win last night only to give one away next Sunday in KC.

Yep.

TheCowboy

Reaction score

Haha I don't know man I guess I'm a Chiefs hater. I'm honestly expecting a blowout, Cowboys 38 Chiefs 17

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
If the Cowboys can't beat the Chiefs, they they won't be finishing the year much better than last year, so it's not a big deal to me. The Chiefs are over hyped for beating Jacksonville, lol...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My former high school team is better than the Jags lol

Just like Seattle last year all over again. This is why we can't be great. We think we already are and then we end up getting pasted. It's foolish to think this way but hey, think what you want.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Just like Seattle last year all over again. This is why we can't be great. We think we already are and then we end up getting pasted. It's foolish to think this way but hey, think what you want.

The Chiefs are 100x better than the Jags. If they are really going to bench Gabbert they might as well start selling Jags Clowney jerseys next week. Chiefs game won't be easy but I do agree they are being over hyped.

LOBO7

Reaction score
I dont think anyone thinks this will be easy.
chiefs are favored @ this moment by a point and a half.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Similarly to this thread, Chiefs fans think this will be an easy win for them: http://***NOT-ALLOWED***.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276042

NickZepp

Reaction score
This could be a lot like Seattle game last year when we got blown out. Reid can coach and they've had some talented defensive players the last few years. Just average to bad QB play and injuries at RB. And some fairly bad linemen. This will be a tough game to win.

Staubacher

Reaction score
KC has the Cowboys attention and respect. Win or lose it wont be like the Seattle game. Remember we spotted Seattle 10 points right away on special teams.

al124

Reaction score
We know his too and he has plenty of them.

True. It'll be a close game for sure.

Offense better have a game better than yesterday though. Expecting the same amount of takeaways might be a little far-fetched.