KC Front 7 is scary good

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Scary good? Eh...I don't see what you're seeing. This is the same group, other than a new starter at DE (DeVito from the Jets) and ILB (Jordan from the Eagles) that had one of the worst passing defenses in the league last year, near the bottom of the list in ypa allowed, passing TDs allowed, and dead last in QB rating allowed at 100. Week 1 against a Jaguar team expected to be one of the worst in the league this year doesn't convince me that anything has changed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scary good? Eh...I don't see what you're seeing. This is the same group, other than a new starter at DE (DeVito from the Jets) and ILB (Jordan from the Eagles) that had one of the worst passing defenses in the league last year, near the bottom of the list in ypa allowed, passing TDs allowed, and dead last in QB rating allowed at 100. Week 1 against a Jaguar team expected to be one of the worst in the league this year doesn't convince me that anything has changed.

I don't see it either.

They may have elevated from "awful" to "average" but "Scary Good?"

Nah.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Few days ago, it was "how are we going stop Giants running game" and this week its going to be our offense will get killed by KC's front seven.

perrykemp

Reaction score
lol the Pro Bowl. If they had so many great players why did they go 2-14?

The obvious reason. Bad quarterbacking.

An elite QB is worth 10 wins by themselves. Think Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

A good QB is worth 7-8 wins by themselves.

A cruddy QB can prevent a team from winning more than 4 or 5 games irregardless of how many other Pro-Bowlers are on the team.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Blaine Gabbert is arguably one of the most inept and lost QBs in the NFL. Add to that an aging RB in MJD and their best offensive weapon, Mercedes Lewis, being out with injury and you have an offense that will struggle to be better than they were in week 1, all through out the season. So while KC's defense is good, they aren't scary good.

B_Milly_M8ker

Reaction score
Similarly to this thread, Chiefs fans think this will be an easy win for them: http://***NOT-ALLOWED***.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276042

Ive Visited alot of opposing teams message boards... ive never seen More Homers then i did at Chiefs Planet. They ALL think they are going to wipe the floor with us. They have a good team but their fans are deff a little distorted after blowing out a miserable Jax team. I mean yeah CZ has some homers but we also have alot of objective fans(proof in this thread) but Chiefs Planet takes homerism to another level

noletime95

Reaction score
I'm surprised by this thread. I think Dallas can win this game, but I honestly don't expect it. The Chiefs may finish 2nd in the west and compete for a WC.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Alex Smith will be the reason why the Chiefs will lose to us, he's not a game changer like Eli. If we can get some turnovers and score consistently, it will be a wrap in the middle of the 4th Qtr....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Really, you think Minus Dez and Romo (if they can't go) we are better then the team Jax has? I don't.

Really? Minus Romo and Dez, and the Cowboys are still miles better than the Jaguars. There is no comparison at all. The only player of note they had on the field was MJD.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
There were a handful of us telling you guys about the Seahawks last year and you guys said the same thing. No one is saying the Chiefs are unbeatable but they are a talented team with a good head coach and now with atleast a suitable starting quarterback. No one is saying they are the 49ers but they deserve some respect. This is not a 2 win team.

Every team in the NFL deserves respect because it's a week to week league. Anything can happen.

But again, tap the brakes a little.

A cruddy QB can prevent a team from winning more than 4 or 5 games irregardless of how many other Pro-Bowlers are on the team.

Patriots won 11 games without Brady for 2008.

I think you are overstating the amount of wins they are worth.

The Natural

Reaction score
Not really a fair assessment to judge the Chiefs pass defense last year..Eric Berry tore his ACL the first game of the year, any defense would suffer missing that type of playmaker.

They've got alot of talent at different positions, I wouldn't say scary at all but definitely good.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Blaine Gabbert is arguably one of the most inept and lost QBs in the NFL. Add to that an aging RB in MJD and their best offensive weapon, Mercedes Lewis, being out with injury and you have an offense that will struggle to be better than they were in week 1, all through out the season. So while KC's defense is good, they aren't scary good.

Lewis is always out with an injury it seems that he has been chronically injured after his rookie year. MJD suffers froma lack of passing game. Teams will stack the box daring Gabbert to throw a pass.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not really a fair assessment to judge the Chiefs pass defense last year..Eric Berry tore his ACL the first game of the year, any defense would suffer missing that type of playmaker.

They've got alot of talent at different positions, I wouldn't say scary at all but definitely good.

You're thinking of 2011; Berry played all 16 games last year.

jrumann59

Reaction score

An elite QB will give you wins but I think it is less than that, Elite QBs and Good QBs their mark comes in the close seesaw games. Bad QBs can cost you 4-6 games though

iceman117

Reaction score
Is scary good. Young, athletic, fly to the ball. Not to mention when healthy, Berry is a top 3 S back there. Saving grace is Waters vs his old team instead of Mack. They sacked the crap out of Gabbert and held MJD really in check. This is going to be a serious test. On the flip side, I think we can handle Bowe and J Charles. We will not allow more than 275 total yards on D and recover 1 fumble and get one pick. Super premature prediction:

Us:23
Them:19

I think this is a low scoring game, like 14-10 or something like that

iceman117

Reaction score
Because they lacked a Pro Bowler at a key position. Quarterback. Quarterback play was TERRIBLE.

I always felt the Chiefs had a solid team. That's why I thought they could afford to go OL with the 1st pick. They have Jamaal Charles. They have great linebackers. They have a solid D line. Eric Berry and Brandon Flowers......this will not be a cakewalk. Only saving thing is they don't have much at the receiving position.
Carr should do a good job on Bowe.,, but I'm a little worried about McCluster,Avery and whoever else they have matched up with Webb, Scandrick and Claiborne

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Carr should do a good job on Bowe.,, but I'm a little worried about McCluster,Avery and whoever else they have matched up with Webb, Scandrick and Claiborne

Well I don't want to assume they won't do anything against us especially after seeing what Cruz did but at the same time they aren't the caliber of Cruz either. But McCluster and Avery definitely have speed going for them. Might even be faster than Cruz.