Twitter: Keanu Neal choosing between Dal and NYJ

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Which is good because the draft has multiple SS/LB hybrids that can be drafted even if they get neither Neal or JOK. Interest in this type player fits with Quinn wanting to add more speed.

This is why I think JOK is a serious target for this team in the draft even without a trade back. Hes a tremendous pass rusher, a great coverage guy, and very good attacking the run from the weak side. He is the embodiment of the new NFL. You're gonna have to move him around and be creative, but this defense has been in dire need of creativity for a long time.

RamziD

Reaction score
This is why I think JOK is a serious target for this team in the draft even without a trade back. Hes a tremendous pass rusher, a great coverage guy, and very good attacking the run from the weak side. He is the embodiment of the new NFL. You're gonna have to move him around and be creative, but this defense has been in dire need of creativity for a long time.

I don’t dislike the player, but hopefully they would trade back in this scenario and still get him. I don’t understand why Parsons is slipping down draft boards but I’d be ok with him at 10. I still think the most likely options are Surtain/Farley at 10 or trading down. With the talk about trading for Gilmore, maybe they aren’t as locked into drafting 1 of those 2 CBs as I thought.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We just lost Bell and Shultz and Jarwin are very upgradable.
And it gives us a little protection if Gallup leaves since Pitts is a hybrid TE/WR.

You keep those hopes up for your pet cat. Dallas doesn’t need another TE.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like JOK from the coverage aspect. The TEs in the East Goedert (whatever), Thomas and Engram will be erased. RBs covered up too. I want 2 players like that on the roster. Yeah, 2 Rovers.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Don’t draft what you don’t need either.
I dont even buy the Pitts hype.

Imagine how I feel.

I stay out of it because I think he will be way gone by 10 (Cin or Phil).

Winslow Jr was supposed to be all that also, along with every single other top 10 TE in league history not named Vernon Davis.

A TE changes nothing for this offense in terms of points scored unless they add second football.

If an NBA team acquires five 35 PPG career scorers it doesn't mean they will score 175 in every game, or ever.

I feel better now lol...

Carson

Reaction score
I dont even buy the Pitts hype.

Imagine how I feel.

I stay out of it because I think he will be way gone by 10 (Cin or Phil).

Winslow Jr was supposed to be all that also, along with every single other top 10 TE in league history not named Vernon Davis.

A TE changes nothing for this offense in terms of points scored unless they add second football.

If an NBA team acquires five 35 PPG career scorers it doesn't mean they will score 175 in every game, or ever.

I feel better now lol...
I think the difference is Pitts isn't the traditional tight end. All of those other guys were asked to block and do regular TE task. Pitts is a mismatch we can move all over

Carson

Reaction score
Still thinking according to Patrik Walker as of 50 minutes ago

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think the difference is Pitts isn't the traditional tight end. All of those other guys were asked to block and do regular TE task. Pitts is a mismatch we can move all over
Then he becomes a big slow WR.

Last thing this team needs at all, let alone at 10.

The way drafts are headed, probably due to the college game becoming more wide open....more and more BPA is going to be an offensive player.

The cap dollars currently allocated are heavily in favor of the offense.

They can't keep doing the same with draft capital and expect to field a defense that has a chance.

boysfanindc

Reaction score

There's a caveat on Neal, however, because he does have some interest in potentially moving from safety to weakside linebacker (WILL). That would give the Cowboys major flexibility in where they play him, but it's up to Neal to decide if he wants to flex in Dallas or fully commit to linebacker in New York, the latter also likely offering more money but it coming attached to a state tax absent in Texas and lacking the established relationship that exists between Neal and Quinn.

All of that said, you can understand why he's taking a moment to weigh the two teams against each other.

Carson

Reaction score
Then he becomes a big slow WR.

Last thing this team needs at all, let alone at 10.

The way drafts are headed, probably due to the college game becoming more wide open....more and more BPA is going to be an offensive player.

The cap dollars currently allocated are heavily in favor of the offense.

They can't keep doing the same with draft capital and expect to field a defense that has a chance.
Pitts 4.53
Gallup 4.51

Not disagreeing with your stance. Just playing devils advocate

fivetwos

Reaction score
Pitts 4.53
Gallup 4.51

Not disagreeing with your stance. Just playing devils advocate
Made a promise to myself to stay out of the Pitts talk.

If he becomes a Cowboy ill deal with that then.

The last ill say is that all he needs to do is become the greatest ever at his position to justify the draft position for any team, let alone this team at this time.

And I'm usually a full BPA guy....but that's really gotta change a bit with the larger amount of offensive players available.

Anyway, back to Neal....lol

fivetwos

Reaction score

There's a caveat on Neal, however, because he does have some interest in potentially moving from safety to weakside linebacker (WILL). That would give the Cowboys major flexibility in where they play him, but it's up to Neal to decide if he wants to flex in Dallas or fully commit to linebacker in New York, the latter also likely offering more money but it coming attached to a state tax absent in Texas and lacking the established relationship that exists between Neal and Quinn.

All of that said, you can understand why he's taking a moment to weigh the two teams against each other.

If they really want Neal, throw him an extra million or so.

My goodness, that's the change in Jerry's couch.

Not to mention all the other wasted money etc.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Jets DC Ulrich was the LB coach at Atlanta.