Twitter: Keanu Neal choosing between Dal and NYJ

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In the most recent mock draft I did, the Saints gave me, if I remember rightly, their 1, 2, 4, and a 2nd next year for Pitts at 10. Without hesitation, I took that deal. I think that's a very reasonable expectation of a trade down if Pitts is still there at 10, which would be a good deal. Depending on the bidding war, I think we might even be able to get a 1, 2, 5, and a 1st next year. Either way, one of those deals would be excellent for us.

Team Trade Back!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because people have been saying "any player can bust" and using that as a rationale to be unconcerned about bpa. But the whole purpose of these player rankings are to get the best possible players. If you are just going to ignore that then you can just get a player later to play better than more highly touted prospects. That seems like the logical conclusion of that rationale to me.

The objective is to get the BPA of need as well.

Reactions: CWR

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Slater is on the board at 10. They probably should take him. That would give them an excellent left tackle for the next 5 years.

Maybe, though there's a guard from Notre Dame that I like a lot that we can get in round 4. If we can get him, then that'd allow us to move Zach Martin to T in the even we have an injury to TSmith.

Big_D

Reaction score
He’s probably going to the Jets where the owner doesn’t think he’s a coach. Better Dline and LB Corp and I’m guessing more money.

Carson

Reaction score
He’s probably going to the Jets where the owner doesn’t think he’s a coach. Better Dline and LB Corp and I’m guessing more money.
Terrible weather, state income tax, terrible offense, worst in the division.

Mosley has played 2 games since 2019. Davis is a JAG

He’s likely getting a 1-2 year deal. We can at least win the division and possibly make a playoff run

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

He’s likely getting a 1-2 year deal. We can at least win the division and possibly make a playoff run

And if he's part of a defence like ours that was considered among the worst last year and shows significant improvement during the time he's here, I think he can use that more to his advantage in future contract negotiations.

LittleD

Reaction score

Mosley has played 2 games since 2019. Davis is a JAG

He'll probably get a 3yr 13-18mil deal which we won't match. Washington is now the most likely best team in our division and likely to kick our butts twice again this year.

Carson

Reaction score
He'll probably get a 3yr 13-18mil deal which we won't match. Washington is now the most likely best team in our division and likely to kick our butts twice again this year.
People act like Washington picked up Russell Wilson. Fitzpatrick is average. They won the division with relative health and barely won the division. Quit acting like they went 14-2.

Can they win the division? Absolutely. But we have our guys back healthy, 10 picks, and a few additions.

So based off your prediction then, he can go finish 4th as opposed to 2nd

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe the Cowboys should sign CB Brian Poole as well? He and Neal are great friends and the Cowboys could still use a vet corner. Maybe that seals the deal.

LittleD

Reaction score
People act like Washington picked up Russell Wilson. Fitzpatrick is average. They won the division with relative health and barely won the division. Quit acting like they went 14-2.

Can they win the division? Absolutely. But we have our guys back healthy, 10 picks, and a few additions.

So based off your prediction then, he can go finish 4th as opposed to 2nd

With their defense and our defense, Washington will Fitzmagic us to sleep in this division. How healthy is our OL and how long will they stay that way??? If last year is any indication, they won't make it out of TC.

aria

Reaction score
There are no defenders that are better than Pitts. Is that Hall of Famer RB heads and tails better than the RB currently on the roster? That's an easy call. While you are correct that we don't know how a players career will play out until they play it I have an outstanding track record of predicting players trajectory. And Pitts checks all my boxes, You can literally etch it in stone.
Eh...as I said, there aren’t defenders that may be as good as Pitts but I would take a slight fall off with Surtain, Parsons or maybe Farley where the positional value is more as well as our team needs. We don’t need offense, we need defense.

Anyways, two different mind sets, no point in arguing about until after the draft and even then it takes a year or two to see how everyone develops and where the teams weaknesses are.

Carson

Reaction score
With their defense and our defense, Washington will Fitzmagic us to sleep in this division. How healthy is our OL and how long will they stay that way??? If last year is any indication, they won't make it out of TC.
I doubt they restructure Collins and Smith and if they aren’t able to go this season. We don’t know how our offense will do against their defense. We were missing Dak and multiple players on the offensive line.

aria

Reaction score
That's 'cause we close like pb&j.
One pf my all time fav’s, had one yesterday for a nice little mid afternoon snack. Tweaked it a little though, used strawberry preeeeeserves.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Theoretically, we can. 2009 was an example of that, so we need to be careful how much we're giving up. But, trading back with Pitts on the board to acquire more picks like what I mentioned in my above post would be an excellent deal.
They can always combine picks and move back up too