Keith Davis?

tuna-salad

Reaction score
Did anyone see the Card game Saturday? How did Keith Davis do? He started, right? Who were the 2nd and 3rd team FS's? How'd they do?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
tuna-salad said:
Did anyone see the Card game Saturday? How did Keith Davis do? He started, right? Who were the 2nd and 3rd team FS's? How'd they do?
Keith started the game and played a decent game. He misplayed the touchdown play badly; he should have had the breakup or even the INT but he was indecisive. It didn't help that the guy who played Fitzgerald at the LOS also misplayed him but Davis didn't recover as he should. Still it was his only glaring mistake and overall he did not have a bad outing.

aceware94

Reaction score
Davis didn't have a bad game, on the TD Warner wasn't throwing to Fitzgerald, it was a terrible pass and he made great catch. If the pass would of gone hwere Warner intended it to go, the defense would of had a pick. Where I was concerned is why did the defense let him get up and get the TD.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
aceware94 said:
Davis didn't have a bad game, on the TD Warner wasn't throwing to Fitzgerald, it was a terrible pass and he made great catch. If the pass would of gone hwere Warner intended it to go, the defense would of had a pick. Where I was concerned is why did the defense let him get up and get the TD.
That is part of what I was talking about Davis misplaying that entire play, he was the only one near Fitzgerald. Newman was away from the play in coverage on another receiver and had to come off of his man to attempt the tackle but was just a bit too late. As for the pass being a bad pass it did not matter...if Davis had gotten position on the receiver as he should have it still would have been an INT or as least a breakup.

The whole play was poorly played on Davis' part. This is not to say that Davis sucks because he made one rookish (new word I just made up) mistake; all in all I thought he did pretty well and should get better.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
tuna-salad said:
did Lynn Scott play? I think he will be cut and Izell will be the backup FS.
Scott played the second string and Reese the third string. I don't know who will get cut; it will depend on their ST play and Scott has always been a pretty good ST guy.