Twitter: Keith Smith To The Raiders

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Nice ST player and hard worker. Good hands too. Makes perfect sense to let him go. I suspect FB is high on the list for the draft.

tm1119

Reaction score
I guess our former ST coach really sold him to Gruden.

As he should have...not a big loss or any real reason to complain but I’m surprised we didn’t retain Smith. Good guy to have on your team

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he went to a team where he has a really good chance of not sitting home for the playoffs

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’re going to take Wilber, too. ST experience.

Sucks to lose Smith though.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Good for him. Guy had no chance as an NFL LB. Made himself a solid starting FB and valuable STs player. Now he's secured himself a decent contract and landed with a coach that will use him quite a bit.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good for him. Guy had no chance as an NFL LB. Made himself a solid starting FB and valuable STs player. Now he's secured himself a decent contract and landed with a coach that will use him quite a bit.
Now they might dump Jamize Olawale for him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Smith was an OK fullback, essentially a special-teammer that they found a position for because he wasn't good enough as a linebacker. Hopefully, this will force us to upgrade the position, but probably not.

Of course, I doubt we're going to find anyone that cheap in FA, so it will be up to a late-round pick or UDFA.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good for him. His daughter is in California and he's super close to her. Happy for him

dwreck27

Reaction score
We would not have matched or been in that ball park...

Kid was good but you know who proably was standing on the table asking to bring him to oakland