CFZ Kellen Moore and other fired Offensive coaches are blamed for failures last season, and the SF games

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He also called plays for Grbak and Brooks.

I am curious what these distinct limitations are? He can throw the deep out. I've seen him go through reads on both sides of the field and back again.

I get it, Erod is just going to trash Dak no matter what. But having Justin Herbert does open up possibilities that 90% of the quarterbacks in the NFL don't give you. It's less that Dak is limited than Herbert is physically unlimited.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Oh, I can articulate it, but you'll insist in seeing greatness where there is no greatness.
So you are unwilling to back your word but I am the one that is unreasonable. Got it.

You have nothing. You can still have your opinion. It's okay.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I get it, Erod is just going to trash Dak no matter what. But having Justin Herbert does open up possibilities that 90% of the quarterbacks in the NFL don't give you. It's less that Dak is limited than Herbert is physically unlimited.
What throw or or other physical activity does Herbert have the extra ability in. You are jsut restating the same thing he did.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No it doesn't imply only that,

you do realize we'll have a healthier Michael Gallup, we'll also have Brandin cooks and they've made other changes cutting zeke going with running back by committee ,with maybe faster fresher backs, another year under his belt for tolbert,

I mean they're looking at the big picture and going we look like we're going to improve from last year's start where we had Noah brown as the number two wide receiver after cutting a bunch of players off the offense.
all true bb, but that isnt what was being talked about by mike and dak. If you read what dak said during that atlanta getaway , nothing is said about any of what you
just stated.
I have not seen anybody connected with the team blame K. Moore.

Moore wanted to leave because the Chargers wanted him.

Chargers Head Coach has a defensive background. That's a better opportunity for a young OC than working under a Head Coach with an offensive background.

The issue for the Cowboys was a lack of coordination between offensive coaches. OC, WR Coach, RB coach and OL coach.
of course not, it isnt a direct comment about kellen or the other coaches, but for example dak saying the wr will know their job better and be in the right spot
this year . and mike saying I want to run more, and focus on the details so wr will run routes properly.

kellen and those other coaches were in charge of all that I assume, so even though it isnt direct, it implies they were not doing a very good job.
at same time they were not doing a good job, they went 4-1 with Rush, and 8-4 with dak, had a top offense in scoring and yards lol.

And according to dak and mike all that has been fixed already! just one ota fixed it all lol.
And if you think about it , it will take time to fix those issues from last season, there is no quick fix.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What throw or or other physical activity does Herbert have the extra ability in. You are jsut restating the same thing he did.
herbert has a stronger arm and is taller so can see better. I would say better passer, but I have not watched herbert much.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
herbert has a stronger arm and is taller so can see better. I would say better passer, but I have not watched herbert much.
I think he throws a better deep ball but I don't see more velocity on throws that show arm strength like the deep out.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh oh, Dak is driving........or....

thelma-and-louise-vintage.gif

scenario # 2.....
222307837-bus11.jpg
that is dak "feeling the urgency" lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
well, if they win another 12 wins and reach NFCCG. Then they were right. Until then..
that is what alot of guys here say, but really that isnt much of an improvement.
All that means is they finally win in the div round. They could beat a weak team there. Depends on who they play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
all true bb, but that isnt what was being talked about by mike and dak. If you read what dak said during that atlanta getaway , nothing is said about any of what you
just stated.

of course not, it isnt a direct comment about kellen or the other coaches, but for example dak saying the wr will know their job better and be in the right spot
this year . and mike saying I want to run more, and focus on the details so wr will run routes properly.

kellen and those other coaches were in charge of all that I assume, so even though it isnt direct, it implies they were not doing a very good job.
at same time they were not doing a good job, they went 4-1 with Rush, and 8-4 with dak, had a top offense in scoring and yards lol.

And according to dak and mike all that has been fixed already! just one ota fixed it all lol.
And if you think about it , it will take time to fix those issues from last season, there is no quick fix.
I think you're missing my point I'm telling you since February I've heard every single player or coach at some point blame for a lot of the problems we had last year especially against the 49ers literally fans were piling on just about everybody especially Prescott so whenever they're asked what they think is going on and how it's gonna work out this year how else would you expect them to respond they're saying that they're hoping that it's all been improved and they're looking forward just being positive is not throwing people under the bus every team makes changes some at some yearly we've seen Arizona Cardinals fire a coach and a first round quarterback after only one year and how's that help them but they sure made the change because they felt they needed to make the change it wasn't because they're blaming Kellen Moore they're saying they believe the offense could be better then last year when it comes to turnovers and then cite reasons to why they're not throwing anyone under a bus and the fact that you're so sensitive about it makes me think you should go start a Kellen Moore fan club because the man was not even accepted here everyone wanted him to go with Jason Garrett and they were upset that Jerry Jones allegedly forced more on Mike McCarthy and now Mike McCarthy gives the guy three seasons and decided to make a change he kept him around now a change in philosophy is coming..

Mike McCarthy 's job is on the line why would he keep somebody he doesn't feel are In Sync with what he's trying to do that's not a blame that's a corporation deciding they can go in a different direction and then Kellen Moore might be successful in San Diego, so it's a win win for everyone.

So when I hear them talk all I'm hearing is they're excited about the changes and they believe it will fix up a lot of the mistake issues they had last year and they had nothing to do directly or only with Kellen Moore they blame the receivers as well they blame the offensive line for not blocking as long or not bringing a run game or whatever else under the sun it was definitely discussed it was definitely talked about and you just don't remember but recently why would they talk about anything else but feeling good about the changes and your misinterpreting that as they're throwing people under the bus and why does it even matter??

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The only possible coaches that can be hired with no delay are the coaches that are currently unemployed. If you are looking to "steal" away a coach from another NFL team, there are restrictions that limit what you can do. It's not as cut and dry as locating a candidate, offering him more money, and hiring him. If the coach is under contract with another NFL team there are rules that teams must follow.

* You can't hire a coach away from another team if it's a lateral move. You can only hire a contracted coach away if he'll receive a promotion.

You can't hire one team's offensive coordinator to be your offensive coordinator. If the Bears wanted to steal away a team's offensive coordinator, then he could only be hired as Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh, I can articulate it, but you'll insist in seeing greatness where there is no greatness.
You can't. It's worse if you don't get that you don't get it. Unrealistic expectations remain unrealistic.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This is what I am seeing, is that Kellen and the fired coaches who went 12-5 2 seasons in a row,
are the scape goats for the 2 SF losses, and in general for not doing better during the season.
No one else is at fault, just those that were let go.

The odd thing is that Mike who defended the last play in SF wildcard game, said it was the right call, and that
they had practiced it all week.
The SF game this last time the last play was even worse, and I cant believe mike had nothing to do with that play
and its design, as he was supposed to help kellen in 22.

Teams lose games, and I didnt care for kellen's play calling or designs that much, but they were a top ranked offense
and wound up 12-5 2 years in a row.

Now mike has simplified the routes and plays, and they have had 1 practice session in ota's.
I dont think that could possibly be enough to having the guys run perfect routes the way they are supposed to be run
and dak get the ball to them perfectly.
Dak has said no more tipped balls lol, well that is something you just cant predict, or avoid, you can lessen the chance though.
Mike said they would run more once early on but nothing more on that.

But it appears that the team ( Jones boys,Mike, and now dak) blamed it all on kellen and the coaches that were fired,and now everything is "fixed"
Mike has complete control of offense now, which is the way it should be, so just have to wait and see what the results are.
And we have to wait until playoffs to truly know if the team is " fixed" or not.
This is total BS. Moore is gone because he and McCarthy have philosophical differences, and Moore was forced on McCarthy by the Jones family. Mike wants to call his own plays, as he did previously as a Head Coach. He's earned the right. No one is being "blamed." Dak loved Moore, and is adjusting to the new reality.

Moore is good enough that he landed on his feet in Los Angeles. But just like a lot of young genius coordinators, he believes so strongly in his system, that he hasn't yet developed the ability to adjust properly in certain game situations. He could've stayed in Dallas, and continued to learn how to adapt his game plans during the games, but Mike wants to call the plays. So it was truly a mutual parting of the ways. The Cowboys allowed the Chargers to negotiate with Moore before he left, so he didn't leave on bad terms.

McCarthy is only explaining some changes in nuance, and adding his own experience to the playbook. There is no guarantee it will be better under McCarthy, but McCarthy is not throwing out Moore's playbook - which he would do if he truly was blaming Moore. He's simply adding some things that Moore didn't have experience with, and talking about how he might call the game a bit differently - as all OC's do. The "new" offense will keep all the old plays that the team did well, but add some facets of the West Coast offense. Hence, the admission by McCarthy that the team will not be running the West Coast offense, but rather a hybrid of Moore's playbook with some added West Coast offense concepts and plays.

If McCarthy and the Jones' were "blaming" Moore, they wouldn't be keeping so much of what he installed as the OC in Dallas. It would be a wholesale change. It isn't. It's time to get over the butthurt about Moore leaving Dallas. Moore isn't hurting, and neither are the Cowboys. This can and should be a win/win proposition for both Moore and the Cowboys.

As for the other coaches who were released, every head coach adjusts their staff as they see fit every year. The new coaches may or may not be better than the old coaches; but the responsibility still lands on the shoulders of the Head Coach.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
how about it just being time to move on from Kellen Moore. His lack of adjustments, and at times head scratching play calling, just hit his ceiling with this team. and if we are honest, I am sure a part of it was letting go of the last remnant pasrts of the Jason Garett era, which Kellen Moore obviously is a student of.
Moore was as much a student of Scott Linehan as Garrett. Garrett learned from Linehan, as he was the QB Coach in Miami, when Linehan was the OC there under Nick Saban in 2005. Linehan was Moore's head coach in Detroit, also.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I think you're missing my point I'm telling you since February I've heard every single player or coach at some point blame for a lot of the problems we had last year especially against the 49ers literally fans were piling on just about everybody especially Prescott so whenever they're asked what they think is going on and how it's gonna work out this year how else would you expect them to respond they're saying that they're hoping that it's all been improved and they're looking forward just being positive is not throwing people under the bus every team makes changes some at some yearly we've seen Arizona Cardinals fire a coach and a first round quarterback after only one year and how's that help them but they sure made the change because they felt they needed to make the change it wasn't because they're blaming Kellen Moore they're saying they believe the offense could be better then last year when it comes to turnovers and then cite reasons to why they're not throwing anyone under a bus and the fact that you're so sensitive about it makes me think you should go start a Kellen Moore fan club because the man was not even accepted here everyone wanted him to go with Jason Garrett and they were upset that Jerry Jones allegedly forced more on Mike McCarthy and now Mike McCarthy gives the guy three seasons and decided to make a change he kept him around now a change in philosophy is coming..

Mike McCarthy 's job is on the line why would he keep somebody he doesn't feel are In Sync with what he's trying to do that's not a blame that's a corporation deciding they can go in a different direction and then Kellen Moore might be successful in San Diego, so it's a win win for everyone.

So when I hear them talk all I'm hearing is they're excited about the changes and they believe it will fix up a lot of the mistake issues they had last year and they had nothing to do directly or only with Kellen Moore they blame the receivers as well they blame the offensive line for not blocking as long or not bringing a run game or whatever else under the sun it was definitely discussed it was definitely talked about and you just don't remember but recently why would they talk about anything else but feeling good about the changes and your misinterpreting that as they're throwing people under the bus and why does it even matter??
Punctuation Man!!

It's hard to read your posts without punctuation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Punctuation Man!!

It's hard to read your posts without punctuation.
it's called talk to text it happens and when you are multi tasking & the edit time times out, you just have to live with it , there are spaces and i split the paragraphs up, that's all i can help you with, umm ok grammar police.........................................................................:""
"""""""""""""''''''''''''''''''''''::::::<>>>
there you happy :facepalm: :muttley: !!!!!!@@@@@@@??????????????????????????????????????????????

Jumbo075

Reaction score
it's called talk to text it happens and when you are multi tasking & the edit time times out, you just have to live with it , there are spaces and i split the paragraphs up, that's all i can help you with, umm ok grammar police.........................................................................:""
"""""""""""""''''''''''''''''''''''::::::<>>>
there you happy :facepalm: :muttley: !!!!!!@@@@@@@??????????????????????????????????????????????
What does "Grammar Police" have to do with requesting you add punctuation so it is easy to read your posts?