CFZ Kellen Moore and other fired Offensive coaches are blamed for failures last season, and the SF games

DandyDon52

Reaction score
First Linehan then Moore........who's next?
8-tips-to-avoid-being-a-project-management-scapegoat.jpg
I would think mike would be next, but he could blame his OC again.
And aside from scapegoat, my other point is they are acting like everything is fixed now that kellen and others are gone.
That the team will be so much better now. I wonder if they can back that up this season.
Bobby Belt the self appointed cowboys know it all.....or as i call him...redneck idiot said moore resigned immediately and wanted out of this situation.
that is possible, I thought kellen was all in on the cowboys and dak, but if he knew he could be OC with herbert as his qb, then he might have
jumped on that.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is what I am seeing, is that Kellen and the fired coaches who went 12-5 2 seasons in a row,
are the scape goats for the 2 SF losses, and in general for not doing better during the season.
No one else is at fault, just those that were let go.

The odd thing is that Mike who defended the last play in SF wildcard game, said it was the right call, and that
they had practiced it all week.
The SF game this last time the last play was even worse, and I cant believe mike had nothing to do with that play
and its design, as he was supposed to help kellen in 22.

Teams lose games, and I didnt care for kellen's play calling or designs that much, but they were a top ranked offense
and wound up 12-5 2 years in a row.

Now mike has simplified the routes and plays, and they have had 1 practice session in ota's.
I dont think that could possibly be enough to having the guys run perfect routes the way they are supposed to be run
and dak get the ball to them perfectly.
Dak has said no more tipped balls lol, well that is something you just cant predict, or avoid, you can lessen the chance though.
Mike said they would run more once early on but nothing more on that.

But it appears that the team ( Jones boys,Mike, and now dak) blamed it all on kellen and the coaches that were fired,and now everything is "fixed"
Mike has complete control of offense now, which is the way it should be, so just have to wait and see what the results are.
And we have to wait until playoffs to truly know if the team is " fixed" or not.
I said this last year, right before they were fired.

Yet, go watch the game. Go ask yourselves if McCarthy ever established a team-work relationship with Moore. If he had, we could have changed up the calls in the San Fran game. Also, go watch Mike's play call to punt on 4th and 10, then go look at the situational percentages and if that was the best move. I'll give you a hint. It was not.

I've kept quiet about it this off-season. I'm a fan of Kellen Moore, as a player and a coach. I'm also skeptical of how well McCarthy manages the clock and other duties as a head coach. I've never seen him call plays for the Cowboys, but we shall see how he does. I'm willing to give him a chance. But I wouldn't have fired Moore, personally.

That's just me. I see a lot of others, most even, think Moore should have been fired. So, I'm willing to accept I could be wrong. But I'm still skeptical.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This is what I am seeing, is that Kellen and the fired coaches who went 12-5 2 seasons in a row,
are the scape goats for the 2 SF losses, and in general for not doing better during the season.

The odd thing is that Mike who defended the last play in SF wildcard game, said it was the right call, and that
The SF game this last time the last play was even worse, and I cant believe mike had nothing to do with that play

Teams lose games, and I didnt care for kellen's play calling or designs that much, but they were a top ranked offense

Now mike has simplified the routes and plays, and they have had 1 practice session in ota's.
I dont think that could possibly be enough to having the guys run perfect routes the way they are supposed to be run
Dak has said no more tipped balls lol, well that is something you just cant predict, or avoid, you can lessen the chance though.

But it appears that the team ( Jones boys,Mike, and now dak) blamed it all on kellen and the coaches that were fired,and now everything is "fixed"
Mike has complete control of offense now, which is the way it should be, so just have to wait and see what the results are.
And we have to wait until playoffs to truly know if the team is " fixed" or not.
Always best to blame the departed. As you say there seems a disconnect between the practice ground and the game day field, then again (and I dont know who's responsible) that we appear to set a play but dont factor in the defense (and possible changes).

I think if we had time (on Dak's contract), then we could of highlighted one issue at a time: OC, Offense, Dak, or HC.....there's no doubt we've got a better roster, so the pressure/focus goes onto the remaining facets of the Offense.

Jarntt

Reaction score
As soon as I read someone stating the last play had anything to do with us losing I stop reading...

Praxit

Reaction score

well, if they win another 12 wins and reach NFCCG. Then they were right. Until then..

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Typical scapegoating . The proof is in the pudding . We shall see how it shakes out this season . And we’ll be watching out in LA as well.

YxBd9g2.jpg

gtb1943

Reaction score
Who was it that said there are only two types of coaches in the NFL...

"Those that have been fired and those that will be fired."

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

People that get fired (or not extended) always take blame. That's life in any business or situation, not just with the Cowboys.

The fact that they didn't fire (or not extend) everyone doesn't mean everything is all on the ones that are gone, or that the team is saying it is. It just reflects the reality that a team can't afford to release everyone in every role that it would like to upgrade. It's just not possible to upgrade every role a team would like to all in one offseason.

Admittedly, some of the motivation is to show the fanbase the team is doing something to change things, but I don't think anyone said "now everything is fixed".

khiladi

Reaction score
First Linehan then Moore........who's next?
8-tips-to-avoid-being-a-project-management-scapegoat.jpg
Let’s not look at it as a bad thing for Moore though.. There was nothing left for him here, as the QB “peaked”. From an unbiased perspective, there is nothing in regards to Dak’s QB play where you can say this guy can take an offense to the next level. the fact he’s getting to work with Herbert is an OCs dream. The possibilities of the offense are limitless. San Diego has drafted another tall WR, with the 6’ 7” QB, meaning they are planning on playing on another vertical plane per reports.

Plus, Staley is on the hot seat anyways as his defense hasn’t been performing, meaning if he gets fired it won’t be a stretch to say Moore will be the next HC.

Big_D

Reaction score

erod

Reaction score
Kellen Moore will flourish with Herbert. His whole playback just opened up.

Calling plays for Dak is very difficult because he has distinct limitations that Herbert doesn't have.

McCarthy called plays for Farve and Rodgers. This is quite a different thing.