Kellen Moore to be Chargers OC

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Oh now it is a teamstat?

Lol

You guys....
Then just go straight up:

Justin Herbert (49 games in 3 seasons) 1,316 of 1,966 66.9% Comp % 14,089 yards 7.2 ypa 94 td's (4.8% td %) 35 int's (1.8% int %) 96.2 qb rating 172 rushes 683 yards 8 td's 4 ypa 17 fumbles

Dak Prescott (49 games 2019-2022; 3-1/3 seasons) 1,210 of 1,808 66.9% Comp % 14,067 yards 7.78 ypa 99 td's (5.5% td %) 40 int's (2.2% int %) 98.7 qb rating 163 rushes 698 yards 8 td's 4.3 ypa 27 fumbles

So for all those that herald Dak as a top-tier QB, Herbert in only his 3 seasons has already become better than Dak statistically speaking and there is no doubt that Herbert's ceiling is much higher than Dak's as Dak has plateaued.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Justin Herbert (49 games in 3 seasons) 1,316 of 1,966 66.9% Comp % 14,089 yards 7.2 ypa 94 td's (4.8% td %) 35 int's (1.8% int %) 96.2 qb rating 172 rushes 683 yards 8 td's 4 ypa 17 fumbles

Dak Prescott (49 games 2019-2022; 3-1/3 seasons) 1,210 of 1,808 66.9% Comp % 14,067 yards 7.78 ypa 99 td's (5.5% td %) 40 int's (2.2% int %) 98.7 qb rating 163 rushes 698 yards 8 td's 4.3 ypa 27 fumbles

So for all those that herald Dak as a top-tier QB, Herbert in only his 3 seasons has already become better than Dak statistically speaking and there is no doubt that Herbert's ceiling is much higher than Dak's as Dak has plateaued.
Id actually say Dak has regressed. Considering the INT numbers alone.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Maybe LVE to the Chargers too :omg:

Well given Dallas can only franchise tag 1 player look for it to possibly be Pollard so you have the likes of LVE, Schultz, McGovern, Rush, Maher, Brown, A. Brown, D. Wilson and others with the possibility of jumping ship.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Id actually say Dak has regressed. Considering the INT numbers alone.
Agreed and the 2023 season will be a make it or break it year for McCarthy and Dak (depending on if Jerry restructure's his deal) as Jerry will throw resources towards the offense to basically say to Dak "I have given you weapons now what will you do".

zenmastersauce

Reaction score

Dak is a top 10 quarterback in the league. He just is. That said the younger generation will do what they do. It is not so say that Herbert is not good because he is but Dak is a good qb as well. Thus, the comparison is questionable at best.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Agreed and the 2023 season will be a make it or break it year for McCarthy and Dak (depending on if Jerry restructure's his deal) as Jerry will throw resources towards the offense to basically say to Dak "I have given you weapons now what will you do".
I will give you that. 2023 will be a make-or-break year for Dak. I do think he restructures but his fate will be determined in how far he gets this next season. If his efforts have fewer INTs and propel us to the CC game then he likely gets an extension though a lesser one with options for the FO. However, McCarthy will likely stay for a while as its not his eval yet, and back-to-back 12-win seasons make a strong case for him and Jerry. But with a new qb and oc, this will be Dak's moment to show up or be out.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This is a good move for KM. He needed to get the heck out of Dallas.

I would message to him the example of Garrett. Good coach, but he need to leave about four years earlier to get out from under the weight of the Cowboys and expand his resume.

Same thing for KM. Go find other experiences because the Cowboys are not he only team in the league, and certainly not the only one with good experiences for a coach trying to build up his resume.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hope Moore does well. I hope he learns some new stuff, and I hope he gets Herbert and the Chargers to the playoffs because they’ve been every bit as big a disappointment each year as the Cowboys.

That said, I’m still super excited to see a change of some sort to the offense and play-calling. Maybe our offense will actually find a philosophy and an identity.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I hope Moore does well. I hope he learns some new stuff, and I hope he gets Herbert and the Chargers to the playoffs because they’ve been every bit as big a disappointment each year as the Cowboys.

That said, I’m still super excited to see a change of some sort to the offense and play-calling. Maybe our offense will actually find a philosophy and an identity.
And that is the thing. I bet you no one can tell what our identity even is. We seem to fly by the seat of our pants half the time and the other is just do what feels good. Do not get me wrong, we have a top offense in the league but, we need better.

Plankton

Reaction score
For some reason I was under the impression that Staley was regarded as one of these young offensive genius types and called his own plays.

That guy is on some thin ice. I’m surprised Moore would walk into the middle of it. Maybe he will take a page out of his mentors book and get Staley fired so he can take over.
Staley was a defensive coach - learned under Vic Fangio, and was Sean McVay's DC with the Rams before getting the Chargers job.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak is a top 10 quarterback in the league. He just is. That said the younger generation will do what they do. It is not so say that Herbert is not good because he is but Dak is a good qb as well. Thus, the comparison is questionable at best.
In no particular order:

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Rodgers
Jackson
Lawrence
Herbert
Hurts
Goff
Stafford

All those right now are better than Dak.

Then you have the likes of Dak, Tua, Fields, Geno Smith, Brady, Cousins, Tannehill, Carr, and Jones in a group behind the above list.

While some may disagree, the fact is Dak showed major regression this season and the younger QB's are showing improvement...and it's only going to be another few years when the new batch of QB's catch up to Dak.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
You have to love the "mutual" parting ways narrative. WTH does that even mean? How many ways is there to depart? You are either fired, released (from his contract) I guess or you quit. So KM says to MM, "Yeah I don't think I want to stay here anymore..." MM says, " Good idea and good luck!" Is that mutual? Or is this just the nice way of saying the FO does not believe in you anymore.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Moore wanted to leave.
Jeweler tells me that he had a "I carried these fools" oversized chain made & wore it B.A. Baracus style to interviews.

When they asked the first question, he just flopped it out and interview was over. Offer's began.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak is a top 10 quarterback in the league.
How can you say that at this juncture? I get it that there is a changing of the guard and competition is less at the current moment but there are backups I'd rather roll into battle with.