Kellen Moore to be Chargers OC

Ken

Reaction score
LOL...you also in the "yards ≠ yards" club. Uh....ok. :rolleyes:

Dallas was 8th in NFL rushing yards but somehow Moore was pass-happy. Funny story, bro.

I suppose we should have been 1st, 2nd or 3rd in rushing--but then the Bears, Ravens, Falcons who were 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with their "manly" yards somehow couldn't even make the playoffs.
It isn't a matter of ranking in yardage.

The issue is knowing game situations and handling them appropriately. Getting 8 yards on 3rd and 10 is garbage. Passing the ball when you are in a 4 min offense and need to waste the right amount of time keeping the clock moving is another.

This is something the "Yards are Yards" mentality doesn't really factor in.

T-RO

Reaction score

The issue is knowing game situations and handling them appropriately. Getting 8 yards on 3rd and 10 is garbage. Passing the ball when you are in a 4 min offense and need to waste the right amount of time keeping the clock moving is another.

Make up the narrative as you go along. Anyways...we'll see how it unfolds next year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Their passing game will vault the offense to top 5. Hope he figures out how to scheme a run game along the way

Motorola

Reaction score
AFC Cowboys
Taking on the AFC West Beasts.
Chiefs have won the division 7 straight seasons.
First one was in 2016...Moore was the backup QB to Romo and Prescott was third string during training camp and preseason.

tomokawan

Reaction score
What Moore gets in Herbert:

1. A cerebral QB, known for his smarts
2. A QB that goes through his progressions with ease
3. A QB with flawless mechanics
4. A QB 6’ 7” that has no trouble seeing over his OL
5. A QB with a rocket arm, that can launch bombs ACROSS his body
6. A MOBILE QB that can throw on the run

This is obvious to any nincempoop that watches Herbert and is told to look for these things, let alone person that watches football can see on his own.

Herbert with Reid wouldn’t need the refs to constantly bail them out. You put him in that offense they wouldn’t lose a beat and would be better in certain respects.

There is not a QB I would take over Herbert, if we are talking to build a QB around and long term for a franchise.
Why is he known for his SMARTS??

Shane612

Reaction score
Good for him. He got out of Jerry's circus.

sbnYVoI.jpg
:laugh:
For real?
:muttley:

kumizi

Reaction score

We had the worst RB in the NFL being force fed carries because the owner wants to sell jerseys. I think our running game numbers were good for having to carry Zekes corpse.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread, so pardon me if this has been answered. Here in Idaho, Kellen is in some commercials with LVE and Justin Herbert. I was wondering what the hometown connection was with Herbert because this company usually uses guys who played at Boise State, but could this be it? Has this move been in the works a while?
Someone posted the video . . . This blew my mind

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You don't think Kellen can raise Herbert above Mahomes? :laugh:
I think he has better odds of doing that than raising Dak above Hurts

Tough to make Spam taste like filet. That was his job in Dallas

Now at least he's working with sirloin level or better in SD

pansophy

Reaction score
SO, after putting up 27 more points than they other team did, it's ok to completely shut down the offense and not score again? They went through them for a half like a knife through hot butter, then nothing. SOme of that has to be counted against the offense. Kind of like when the Jags did the same to us.
Unless the offense is turning the ball over on a short field, 27 points should always win the game. It's this mentality that caused people to think that Romo was problem too. No team has lost more games than the Cowboys since 2006 when scoring 30+ points. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-losses-when-scoring-30-points-nfl-since-2006

T-RO

Reaction score
Lol, how in the World are the Chargers an upgrade?
I've lost track of the pundits that described the Chargers OC position as the most coveted non-HC job this offseason. Herbert is potentially a generational talent. Unlock that volcano of ability and with Kellen's top-drawer resume for work in Dallas...he's a lock head coach and likely gets several HC options in the future.