Kellen Moore to be Chargers OC

T-RO

Reaction score
Yardage doesnt matter, points do and Eagles dropped 31 on the same defense we scored 12 on.

That is why Moore got fired.............now you may think that is absurd, but the front office doesnt seem to agree with you.
Your little veil dropped quick and easy...pretending objectivity like a politician. We all see your avatar, bro. LOL.

Ah, but Jerry doesn't agree with me. How will I possibly sleep tonight!

Good luck you Moore critics. Good luck with Big Mike... and good night.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yardage doesnt matter, points do and Eagles dropped 31 on the same defense we scored 12 on.

That is why Moore got fired.............now you may think that is absurd, but the front office doesnt seem to agree with you.
“We”? You’re an Eagles fan what do you mean “we”?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Versus Niners #1 defense in this year's playoffs:
Eagles, 1/29/23...269 yards
Cowboys, 1/22/23...282 yards

Yes, while neither did much, Dallas moved the ball more versus that defense.

Turnovers, QB injuries, refs swung the games. Dak had a few deer-in-headlight moments.

Blaming Moore is silly; letting him go absurd. But I'm stoked about it as the Chargers are my AFC team and thrilled to see him aboard.
He’s not a good fit for this team that’s trying to win. Chargers just want to look like they’re winning so they will enjoy Herbert throwing 50 times a game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Vastly improved Charger offense. That's all Kellen can do.

Worried for Dallas next year...could see big drop off.
Cowboys offense was productive before Moore. If it sees a drop off it’s not because of Moore. Might be because the new guy stinks lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why is he known for his SMARTS??
Well first of all he graduated with a 4.01 from college in Science, his father and grandfather were biologists, not a degree like “communications” and was named first team all American academic athlete team three times.

He’s also praised for his field vision and ability to go through his progressions…

khiladi

Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread, so pardon me if this has been answered. Here in Idaho, Kellen is in some commercials with LVE and Justin Herbert. I was wondering what the hometown connection was with Herbert because this company usually uses guys who played at Boise State, but could this be it? Has this move been in the works a while?
Justin Herbert is from Oregon.. I’m sure he has a pretty strong fan base in Idaho. It could be they both expressed interest in working together after these commercials. Fact is San Diego asked permission to speak with Moore a week back and Lombardi was fired after they lost. So maybe Herbert pushed SD.

khiladi

Reaction score
Good for him. JG also got his next job quickly after being kicked out of Dallas. Will KM end up like him or do better ? I guess we will find out next year.
JG got it because of Mara and he was thrust on Joe Judge. Moore got it because he’s actually respected in the league.

khiladi

Reaction score
What’s comical, is watching the Dak zealots come up with all sorts of excuses, like Moore was just throwing the ball. They sure had no problems with Dak padding stats “throwing” in garbage time against Commanders and Eagles the year prior to end the season. Facts of the matter are:

With the Chargers, he's anticipated to deploy a more balanced offensive attack than the Bolts relied on under Lombardi.

Last season, the Chargers called a designed pass on 68% of plays, the second-highest rate in the NFL behind only the Buccaneers (68.1%). The Cowboys called a designed pass on 54.6% of their plays in 2022, the sixth-lowest rate in the league.

"In terms of the passing game, that's what we've been able to do at a high level for the last two years, throw the football," Staley said before Moore's hiring. "But to be more explosive, you have to be able to run the football more consistently to put more pressure on people."

The Cowboys under Moore ranked 11th in rate of explosive plays (10.1%), qualified as a 10-yard run or 20-yard pass play, while the Chargers the last two seasons under Lombardi ranked 30th (8.1%).

It’s obvious who was more like Garrett and it definitely wasn’t Moore.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...rgers-hiring-kellen-moore-new-oc?platform=amp

Zman5

Reaction score
JG got it because of Mara and he was thrust on Joe Judge. Moore got it because he’s actually respected in the league.
JG was supposedly respected also so I have doubts how much of KM's "respect" is actually true.

khiladi

Reaction score
JG was supposedly respected also so I have doubts how much of KM's "respect" is actually true.
JG was supposedly respected by his fan-boys on this forum but got no offers other than from Mara and was soon in the broadcast booth. So you know that was BS. Moore on the other hand got picked up to coach a QB that every coach begs for. Tampa Bay wanted to interview him as well and he was second in running for the HC job in Carolina and he lost it to the first QB the Panthers ever drafted. San Diego actually interviewed multiple candidates. So you know Moore is respected.

Zman5

Reaction score
JG was supposedly respected but got no offers other than from Mara and was soon in the broadcast booth. Moore on the other hand got picked up to coach a QB that every coach begs for. San Diego actually interviewed multiple candidates.
When JG was hired, they were loving him also in NY. They said he was going to turn Danny Dime's career around. Yeh, how that turn out. LOL.

Zman5

Reaction score
No they weren't. Joe Judge didn't even want him and he wanted him fired in his first season. There is a reason they canned Columbo after five games.
Do a quick search on what the Giants thought about him and said in public when JG was hired. It's the typical honeymoon BS talk. Just like it is with KM right now. Unless you are so naive to believe everything that is publicly said about the new hires, everyone knows it's just BS talk.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/us/j...nts-offensive-coordinator-nfl-trnd/index.html

Giants head coach Joe Judge – himself a new hire – said mutual acquaintances highly recommended the offense-minded Garrett.

“They consistently all reflected on how smart he is, how great a teacher he is and how his perspective of the game was through a different lens than most coaches,” Judge said. “And when he sees it, he’s able to communicate it and paint that mental image to the players.”

khiladi

Reaction score
Do a quick search on what the Giants thought about him and said in public when JG was hired. It's the typical honeymoon BS talk. Just like it is with KM right now. Unless you are so naive to believe everything that is publicly said about the new hires, everyone knows it's just BS talk.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/us/j...nts-offensive-coordinator-nfl-trnd/index.html

Giants head coach Joe Judge – himself a new hire – said mutual acquaintances highly recommended the offense-minded Garrett.

“They consistently all reflected on how smart he is, how great a teacher he is and how his perspective of the game was through a different lens than most coaches,” Judge said. “And when he sees it, he’s able to communicate it and paint that mental image to the players.”
That's AFTER the hire, like I said, after it was forced on them by Mara. Jason Garrett only got a job in an organization his daddy had ties to Mara, just like the Jones family. That's how Garrett ended up there after the Cowboys as a player as well. As I said,

Giants coach Joe Judge continued a pattern of firing offensive coaches by moving on from coordinator Jason Garrett last week, a move sources said he began pondering mere months into last season.

Garrett, a former head coach in Dallas and former Giants quarterback, had very strong support from ownership

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-out-last-year-more-moves-coming-in-new-york/

Zman5

Reaction score
That's AFTER the hire, like I said, after it was forced on them by Mara. Jason Garrett only got a job in an organization his daddy had ties to Mara, just like the Jones family. That's how Garrett ended up there after the Cowboys as a player as well. As I said,

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-out-last-year-more-moves-coming-in-new-york/
That article is talking about after JG got hired and had worked as the OC. That has nothing to do with what things were said when he was hired and BEFORE he started working as the OC and with Judge.

khiladi

Reaction score
That article is talking about after JG got hired and had worked as the OC. That has nothing to do with what things were said when he was hired and BEFORE he started working as the OC and with Judge.
What don't you get?

Of course it is AFTER JG got hired and had worked as OC. It states very clearly that Joe Judge didn't even want him, was ready to fire him within months of the FIRST SEASONS, and it was because of Jason Garrett's TIES TO OWNERSHIP the coach couldn't get rid of him, though they had no problems canning Columbo five weeks into their first season, the guy who was brought in by Garrett. Joe Judge even hired DeGuglielmo as an offensive consultant that same week. Everything done by Joe Judge was clearly indicative of the fact he never wanted Garrett in the first place.

Of course an organization is going to say they like Garret when they hire him. That has nothing to do with the fact that they hired him because of Mara.

Zman5

Reaction score
What don't you get?

Of course it is AFTER JG got hired and had worked as OC. It states very clearly that Joe Judge didn't even want him, was ready to fire him within months of the FIRST SEASONS, and it was because of Jason Garrett's TIES TO OWNERSHIP the coach couldn't get rid of him, though they had no problems canning Columbo five weeks into their first season, the guy who was brought in by Garrett. Joe Judge even hired DeGuglielmo as an offensive consultant that same week. Everything done by Joe Judge was clearly indicative of the fact he never wanted Garrett in the first place.

Of course an organization is going to say they like Garret when they hire him. That has nothing to do with the fact that they hired him because of Mara.
What you don't seem to get is JG when hired, was praised by many in the media and by Judge. Typical honeymoon period BS. Just like KM is right now. That could all change once KM starts working as the OC. Just like JG. Nobody will know how he will turn out in LA until after a season or so.