Kellen Moore will remain QB coach

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So basically if you apply for the OC job it includes whomever of NOT your choosing.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: good lord, 100 stepps forward with vanillahan gone, then take 200 backward...

rangers71

Reaction score
It's funny that no one can point out anything that Kellen has done wrong but want him gone.

I will point out one. Name the last time you have seen the guy actually coach Dak? I have never seen him do **** during a game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's funny that no one can point out anything that Kellen has done wrong but want him gone.
Getting an NFL coaching position with the biggest team in sports with no resume to back it up. Coaching the QB that beat him for the starting job. Not correcting any of the issues Dak had shown the year previous. etc etc

tm1119

Reaction score
Again I disagree. It is the QB coaches job to help the QB in all aspects of the game. Including footwork and to point that out on film, and to get them to correct it.

You say it like it’s a new concept. Like there haven’t been countless coaches teaching Dak qb fundamentals since he was probably like 12. If you go through 4 years of HS, 4 years at a major D1 football program, and then 3 years in the nfl and you’re still making the same mistakes....you’re probably going to keep making the same mistakes.

Besides...explain to me where Dak did NOT improve from 2017 to 2018.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say it like it’s a new concept. Like there haven’t been countless coaches teaching Dak qb fundamentals since he was probably like 12. If you go through 4 years of HS, 4 years at a major D1 football program, and then 3 years in the nfl and you’re still making the same mistakes....you’re probably going to keep making the same mistakes.

Besides...explain to me where Dak did NOT improve from 2017 to 2018.

It was from skills he already had but seemed better because of a healthier OL and Zeke all year. And with a true #1 WR when Cooper got here.
But some of his fundamentals still need to be improved upon. I have no doubt he can.
But I feel some needs to help him with it. And to me that is the QB coach.

And no I do not say it like it is a new concept. It has been the basics ever since the sport started. So don't act like I am just making it up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It was from skills he already had but seemed better because of a healthier OL and Zeke all year. And with a true #1 WR when Cooper got here.
But some of his fundamentals still need to be improved upon. I have no doubt he can.

And no I do not say it like it is a new concept. It has been the basics ever since the sport started. So don't act like I am just making it up.

true but QB coaches are not out there doing their own thing, they are in constant contact with the OC who also spends lot of time with the QB and who sets down things he wants the QB coach to work on with the QB. All of the offensive assistant coaches are getting direct orders from the OC as I said none are out there doing their own thing, everything is to operate the offense as a unit not a bunch of individuals

slick325

Reaction score
TBH...keeping him and then hiring an OC isn't as big a deal to me. In most organizations, the entire staff works for the HC. The HC picks who he wants working with and for him. Thus, it is possible that people who never worked together before all can end up on the same staff together.

No OC is picking the QB coach or OL coach or RB coach or WR coach. The HC picks them. Maybe the OC can suggest a person or confer with the HC but generally the HC picks his staff.

Dallas is different obviously but still, no OC should have that expectation coming into any organization.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
The same thing was said about Linehan. Let's wait until the new OC comes in and decides who he wants at QB coach. Heck, maybe Moore will be the new OC and then he'll no longer be the QB coach.

tm1119

Reaction score

No you’re saying it like Kellen Moore and Dak dont know qb fundamentals already, and someone new telling Dak to set his feet is going to be some lightbulb going off that’s a new concept. Do you want the Secondary coach fired every time Jeff Heath does something dumb? Or fire the WR coach for not teaching the WR’s to catch everytime there’s a drop?
If you draft and start a QB with obvious flaws, don’t be surprised when those flaws show up. Kellen Moore is just your scapegoat.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
One good thing comes along and then this stupid moronic FO brings us back to bad stuff knowing that Juicy Box is back next year. Way to not help out the QBs on this team at all FO.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No you’re saying it like Kellen Moore and Dak dont know qb fundamentals already, and someone new telling Dak to set his feet is going to be some lightbulb going off that’s a new concept. Do you want the Secondary coach fired every time Jeff Heath does something dumb? Or fire the WR coach for not teaching the WR’s to catch everytime there’s a drop?
If you draft and start a QB with obvious flaws, don’t be surprised when those flaws show up. Kellen Moore is just your scapegoat.
Exaclty like getting in a relationship with a known cheater and being surprised they cheated on you. Unfortunately for us as Boys fans all the knocks on Dak pre draft are still there and at this point I doubt they will get markedly better. A good scheme might hide his flaws more and that's the best we can ask for imo.