Kellen Moore will remain QB coach

Sydla

Reaction score
So the new OC won’t have any input on his QB coach?

LOL.

There is no doubt in my mind they are bringing in a lackey, a guy who will do as he is told.

Will not be surprised if its Nussmeier. Honestly, I should just expect it.

Sydla

Reaction score
No you’re saying it like Kellen Moore and Dak dont know qb fundamentals already, and someone new telling Dak to set his feet is going to be some lightbulb going off that’s a new concept. Do you want the Secondary coach fired every time Jeff Heath does something dumb? Or fire the WR coach for not teaching the WR’s to catch everytime there’s a drop?
If you draft and start a QB with obvious flaws, don’t be surprised when those flaws show up. Kellen Moore is just your scapegoat.

So coaching doesn’t matter?

Because that’s what you seem to be saying.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
So it’s looking like an in-house OC or one that is basically powerless. This is why we can’t have good things.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you’re saying it like Kellen Moore and Dak dont know qb fundamentals already, and someone new telling Dak to set his feet is going to be some lightbulb going off that’s a new concept. Do you want the Secondary coach fired every time Jeff Heath does something dumb? Or fire the WR coach for not teaching the WR’s to catch everytime there’s a drop?
If you draft and start a QB with obvious flaws, don’t be surprised when those flaws show up. Kellen Moore is just your scapegoat.

Stop. You are taking this too far and out of context.
And I AM NOT using it as a scapegoat. There you go making crap up again, or still.

Of course they know the fundamentals, but should they not work on improving them.
You just don't like it and see it as a knock on them. And not homering out on them.

If it is not up to Moore as the QB coach to help him, and only to prepare the film. Then he should be an offensive assistant and not labeled the QB coach.

I am through with this discussion, as all you want to do is keep rehashing the same stuff. If it makes you feel better to have the last word to think it makes you correct, go ahead. To me, it is my opinion, and you will not make me change my mind.

Make a poll of you want and see how everyone else feels.

Dwight

Reaction score
How can this owner waste another year on this head coach and his offensive staff?

This team will waste another year of talent.

This is unbearable.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
true but QB coaches are not out there doing their own thing, they are in constant contact with the OC who also spends lot of time with the QB and who sets down things he wants the QB coach to work on with the QB. All of the offensive assistant coaches are getting direct orders from the OC as I said none are out there doing their own thing, everything is to operate the offense as a unit not a bunch of individuals

Yes they all need to work together, but they are still there to work with each player as needed.
How can they not be.
This is why groups often are off to the side for individual drills. Especially in TC.
I get they don't have that time during the season. But they can have a few minutes to point things out for the player to work on.

Tiki Barber had fumbling issues. They worked on it during the season. Came up for a different way for him to carry and protect the ball. And it worked. So the same can go for a QB if given time. Yes throwing motion and footwork takes a lot more time than carrying the ball. But they can still look at it individually.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Oh No. Lord No. Dumbest franchise in football. Good luck getting a good OC when he won't be able to pick his top lieutenants.

Exactly. Sad really. We should be cleaning house. JG n his staff should be gone. How is he still coach of the cowboys smh.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes they all need to work together, but they are still there to work with each player as needed.
How can they not be.
This is why groups often are off to the side for individual drills. Especially in TC.
I get they don't have that time during the season. But they can have a few minutes to point things out for the player to work on.

Tiki Barber had fumbling issues. They worked on it during the season. Came up for a different way for him to carry and protect the ball. And it worked. So the same can go for a QB if given time. Yes throwing motion and footwork takes a lot more time than carrying the ball. But they can still look at it individually.

Offensive assistant are instructed by the OC of what they want. I saw differences in Dak as this season progressed, he was more aware about protecting the ball, getting rid of the ball and getting passes out as he would hit that last step in the drop back as the season progressed and while you can help in the end the player has to go out and do it. I watched Wade Wilson catch crap around here for years but when the QB was having success that was all the QB. Give me a break Moore is a young coach who is learning as most QB coaches are. You will not see Joe Montana or a Roger Staubach type players working as QB coaches most are guys who had very good understanding of the position but lacked the physical talent to do the job as a player.

tm1119

Reaction score
So coaching doesn’t matter?

Because that’s what you seem to be saying.

No, I’m saying the idea that it’s the QB coaches job to teach a 3rd year professional the basics of playing his position like it’s a t-ball practice is laughable. Also saying it’s laughable that Moore, Wilson, and whoever Miss St’s QB coach was all had 0 concept of qb fundamentals and never taught them to Dak.

Also, does no one think Dak was consulted in this at all? The front office is about to extend Dak to a big contract, but don’t care that he doesn’t like Kellen Moore. Kellen is just more important and has to stay.

tm1119

Reaction score
Stop. You are taking this too far and out of context.
And I AM NOT using it as a scapegoat. There you go making crap up again, or still.

Of course they know the fundamentals, but should they not work on improving them.
You just don't like it and see it as a knock on them. And not homering out on them.

If it is not up to Moore as the QB coach to help him, and only to prepare the film. Then he should be an offensive assistant and not labeled the QB coach.

I am through with this discussion, as all you want to do is keep rehashing the same stuff. If it makes you feel better to have the last word to think it makes you correct, go ahead. To me, it is my opinion, and you will not make me change my mind.

Make a poll of you want and see how everyone else feels.

Honest question...is English your 2nd language?

Rayman70

Reaction score
it aint so. He's the default QB coach. Only way he stays is if we don't land one of the guys we want.

GenoT

Reaction score
Getting ready to pay a good/not-yet-great QB $$$$$$...and we trust him to Linehan’s man-crush, learning-on-the-job, trainee QB coach...??!?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::huh::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: