RELEASED Kellen Moore won't return

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
The Cowboys finished fourth in the NFL in scoring during the regular season with an average of 27.5 points. They did this even though Prescott missed five games with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

Dallas led the league in scoring the previous year with an average of 31.2 points, scoring a franchise record 530 points.
No one cares about this. This town wants playoff results. All those numbers to put up 12 in the biggest game of the year. I don't care if they average 30 or 20. I just want them to win football games. You have other elite teams routinely going in the media saying how simple the Cowboys are to figure out. It is time to do something different

DFWJC

Reaction score
Have to admit, I’m surprised!
kind of excited to see where they go.

I guess Moore to Tampa Bay could happen now

plymkr

Reaction score
Love the move. We need to know if the OC is holding back the QB or vice versa. We can't fire the QB, unfortunately, but we can get a new offense in here and see if Dak remains the problem. I like it because Dak is running out of excuses.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Dak has nowhere to hide now. MM himself will know if he can execute his style of QB play. Which of course he can’t. All points to Dak having1 last year. Things are looking up !

kramskoi

Reaction score
No one cares about this. This town wants playoff results. All those numbers to put up 12 in the biggest game of the year. I don't care if they average 30 or 20. I just want them to win football games. You have other elite teams routinely going in the media saying how simple the Cowboys are to figure out. It is time to do something different
Getting 34 and then 33 takeaways in a season can definitely help the offense look better than it actually is. 2019 was really the highwater mark for Moore. His first year. It's also the last year that Prescott had a top 5 QBR. Prescott actually regressed under Moore's offense. His QBR has been stuck in the mid 50s at midseason for TWO years consecutive.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Something tells me that this was a condition for Dan Quinn's return as DC. Anyone who has paid any sort of attention over the last two years has seen that the defense is largely carrying the load and the offense shows up when it feels like.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
Something tells me that this was a condition for Dan Quinn's return as DC. Anyone who has paid any sort of attention over the last two years has seen that the defense is largely carrying the load and the offense shows up when it feels like.
Good point, that's definitely not out of the realm of possibilities.
On your last point. It's funny how the tables have turned. It wasn't that long ago when it was the offense carrying the load. Just imagine if we could get them both on the same level consistently.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Love the move. We need to know if the OC is holding back the QB or vice versa. We can't fire the QB, unfortunately, but we can get a new offense in here and see if Dak remains the problem. I like it because Dak is running out of excuses.
Need better WRs also

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That's a problem, though. Dallas doesn't know when to be patient and when they're sticking with someone for too long.
You could say that about Garrett because he consistently failed at performing.

Kellen Moore hasn't made so many mistakes that he wasn't productive.

He can't bring Dak down to Earth when he's under too much pressure from the spotlights... Dak has to have that in him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Getting 34 and then 33 takeaways in a season can definitely help the offense look better than it actually is. 2019 was really the highwater mark for Moore. His first year. It's also the last year that Prescott had a top 5 QBR. Prescott actually regressed under Moore's offense. His QBR has been stuck in the mid 50s at midseason for TWO years consecutive.
There are other elements at play, though.. In the middle of this season, Dak was coming off thumb surgery. Yet we still won enough.
Moore was good enough to go 5-1 with Cooper Rush. Punishing Moore for the defenses' success doesn't make sense. I see your point; I just don't agree with it.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point, that's definitely not out of the realm of possibilities.
On your last point. It's funny how the tables have turned. It wasn't that long ago when it was the offense carrying the load. Just imagine if we could get them both on the same level consistently.
Lol this didn’t happen
Y’all funny

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
How do you figure?

He had zero coaching experience. Who else was going to hire him? He was a guy who had been here for years and knew the "Romo/Dak friendly" offense of Garrett/Linehan like the back of his hand. Dak was comfortable with him. It was an easy move to slot him in there.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The last of Jason Garrett is gone!! Jason has finally been killed off. No more sequels. :oldcouple: :flagwave: