Twitter: Kelvin Joseph Missed Practice With Illness

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope he gets better soon

Doctor Chicken Wow i love that saying you put up..."you are not immune to propaganda"...so much disinformation/propaganda last few years ...use to think only occured in more hard core communist countries.....the Russians are laughing at us so much because its exactly what Putin wanted..to divide our country with propaganda

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its just a saying but it shouldn't be. A person should be judged based on what actions they show you. Not based on what someone else told you because who knows what that coach is about. Maybe the coach didn't like him to begin with. Maybe he has certain bias's. Same issues our judicial system currently suffers as well.

La'El Collins is a PRIME example of why you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

People don't even know what's going on with Joseph to even have a stigma on him.
Any of that is possible but human nature doesn't change. You might as well remove the word "alleged".

He and Ball come with it and before the draft, Parsons had some of that on him because of some hazing event. A lot gets blown out of proportion.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if you judge someone based on hearsay than you’re silly, naive and easy prey......
This is not hearsay, Joseph transferred out of LSU for a reason and without the details, assumptions will be made by the media and that's what starts the ball rolling. Joseph is aware of it and has the choice to get defensive about it or just keep his head down and focus on his job.

I have no idea what caused this but I do know one thing for sure. These guys are young and many immature and everyone makes mistakes. I look back on myself at the age of some of these "kids" coming into the NFL and wonder how in the hell I made it to 25.

I am not being critical of Joseph, just stating the fact that he arrives with a little more baggage as does Ball.

garyo1954

Reaction score
It is truly a mystery because he was highly recruited and a real prize at LSU. And as we know now, LSU had their own issues behind the curtain going on back then. Neither has ever said anything about what led to his transfer to South Carolina. And I am not aware of any issues at SC. It could be as simple as he got crossways with a coach, just like Hill did.

However, it is just human nature when we see the smoldering embers to imagine the fire that must have been.

I don't care about what these players do off the field and we seldom know the truth anyway. People tried to make a deal out of Parsons being a young idiot, like most of us haven't been there.

Read scouting reports. The CBS report is where they say:

"What the Cowboys are up against is his character, but they're banking on his time to come in Dallas ending better than it did when he had run-ins with his collegiate coaches. Joseph leaves Kentucky after transferring from LSU due to those issues (alleged confrontations with coaches), but his talent is comparable to touted first-round talents like Jaycee Horn and Patrick Surtain II -- two players the Cowboys were eyeing with the No. 10 selection.

"Skill-wise, there's nothing to be concerned about when it comes to Joseph."

But go on....

"This is a boom-or-bust pick, and there will likely be no in-between. Dallas is banking on the former, and Joseph has more than enough physical prowess to make good on its investment."

They offer insight on him and all the third round picks in one article......(hope its okay to post the link)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...and-other-day-2-picks-in-dallas-what-to-know/

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is not hearsay, Joseph transferred out of LSU for a reason and without the details, assumptions will be made by the media and that's what starts the ball rolling. Joseph is aware of it and has the choice to get defensive about it or just keep his head down and focus on his job.

I have no idea what caused this but I do know one thing for sure. These guys are young and many immature and everyone makes mistakes. I look back on myself at the age of some of these "kids" coming into the NFL and wonder how in the hell I made it to 25.

I am not being critical of Joseph, just stating the fact that he arrives with a little more baggage as does Ball.
He transferred because LSU wanted him to play safety.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I apologize Roy, could you edit the post and insert “of non African descent” for true sensitive readers. It’s also noted that you didn’t highlight my statement of “the black rapper”.

Yah, why even mention color? Enough already.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I've been asking this for some time. What exactly is his character issue?
I think it's becuz he actually has other aspirations beyond football. The image of a player wanting to be a rapper just is too much for some. Everybody is transfixed on football. It does not leave room for anything else and fans rightfully expect that. There is plenty of time after the last game for personal pursuits.

JustChip

Reaction score
I googled and read every article that I found and in no article did it give me a true explanation of what his character issues are, not one. So maybe you or anyone else can help me because I can’t find it. The only thing I see is that he was suspended for violating teams rules and he decided to transfer after that incident. I’m wondering what was the incident, but either so the team didn’t kick him off he left on his in accord. The only thing I keep hearing and reading is that he likes and performs rap musics. REALLY? The big bad rapper.

But yet I haven’t heard anything since draft day about Josh Ball, nothing! The white player with eleven incidents of domestic violence, yes ELEVEN, can quietly go about his business but the young black rapper has to constantly defend himself against hidden and unknown character concerns. Whatever!

Whatever Kelvin did it happened almost two years ago, he is now nineteen years old meaning he was only seventeen or eighteen when he did whatever it was. A child making a bad decision, that’s never happened before.

Yes Mountain he deserves a chance to have people just “let it go” has they have with Ball.
So, did Ball miss the OTA?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Any of that is possible but human nature doesn't change. You might as well remove the word "alleged".

He and Ball come with it and before the draft, Parsons had some of that on him because of some hazing event. A lot gets blown out of proportion.

Its interesting. Because I don't think like that at all. I wonder why some people come in expecting the worse for a guy and others don't...is it because i'm..."naive" like @erod says? Or is it because I can relate to someone and believes certain guys should get the benefit of the doubt?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It is hearsay. You just acknoweldged that he transfered out of LSU without any details being made.

You are telling me WHY these things are happening. Its not that I don't understand why they are happening because I get it. I'm saying it SHOULDN'T happen.

And I guess that's why I give these guys the benefit of the doubt. These are all young men. Hell by the time these guys are out their prime they will still be young men. I think at times we forget that.

erod

Reaction score
And if you judge someone based on hearsay than you’re silly, naive and easy prey......
Hearsay?

LOL, how about a life of repetitious behavior that has already begun here?

Again, don't be naive.

erod

Reaction score
It is hearsay. You just acknoweldged that he transfered out of LSU without any details being made.

You are telling me WHY these things are happening. Its not that I don't understand why they are happening because I get it. I'm saying it SHOULDN'T happen.

And I guess that's why I give these guys the benefit of the doubt. These are all young men. Hell by the time these guys are out their prime they will still be young men. I think at times we forget that.
I detest the "young men" defense.

A lot of people are young men that don't act like complete dolts.

Maverick84

Reaction score
And after the concert he spent a few days in hotel smoking crack with a cheap hooker he picked up on a street corner.

it’s all right there for anyone to see.
can confirm, I am the aforementioned cheap hooker, AMA